2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Just now, GCn20 said:

Weird they wouldn't just wait 4 days and not give up Metchie, but maybe neither guy was re-signing with their team.

I would guess both players wanted this and the teams didn't want to take a chance with FA. Tampering period does make for interesting times. This is a win for the CFL, IMO. 

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

gotg-guardians-of-the-galaxy.gif

If I had the power you would be banned for posting that here. having contributed to hundred of those views on youtube I was enjoying not having to listen to that ****. 

Lapo made me do it.

30 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Therein lies the difference between Winnipeg and Sask....our success...their flops...Our culture and guys wanting to stay here for less...and theirs where guys have no loyalty to each other or team....and bet he's not the only guy on that team with that thought process....they a long ways away in becoming what we have here, as they still employ many dbags

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Therein lies the difference between Winnipeg and Sask....our success...their flops...Our culture and guys wanting to stay here for less...and theirs where guys have no loyalty to each other or team....and bet he's not the only guy on that team with that thought process....they a long ways away in becoming what we have here, as they still employ many dbags

I can't remember in recent times anyone leaving the team and trashing it on the way out?   Maybe a few guys early in the O'Shea timeline like Banks?   

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can't remember in recent times anyone leaving the team and trashing it on the way out?   Maybe a few guys early in the O'Shea timeline like Banks?   

There was another player that said all the talk of family etc was straight bs. Fairly sure he was a rookie though...and it was super early in osheas time here.

Edited by Bigblue204

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

That team needs a rebuild of character for sure. Lots of Chris Jones still left there. 

Just now, Booch said:

good for Ottawa tho...Maybe Lapo's conservative offence will allow Masoli to get in good rhythms...They guy isn't horrible by any stretch, and sometimes that change of scenery does wonders

He is also tremendous at beating the rush. With reilly gone he's gotta be the hardest qb to sack in the cfl. Maybe the fastest release, and very mobile.

That said, did he get vaxxed or is it contingent on him getting vaxed? Makes no sense if not.  I like RJ harris, but they need some WRs too. 

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He is also tremendous at beating the rush. With reilly gone he's gotta be the hardest qb to sack in the cfl. Maybe the fastest release, and very mobile.

That said, did he get vaxxed or is it contingent on him getting vaxed? Makes no sense if not.  I like RJ harris, but they need some WRs too. 

I saw it mentioned somewhere recently he was supposed to be getting vaxxed soon (or he was contemplating it).  Have to think if more than one team was trying to bring him in, that it won't be an issue by the time the season starts.

30 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Masoli staying in Ontario so he can continue to take the bus to every game ;) 

im kidding….sort of 

only what 45 hours from ottawa to vancouver? shouldnt be a problem on the 3 games in 7 days schedule. 😆

8 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I'm glad to see it,Ottawa needed a qb desperately and to keep fans in the stands after a season locked out. If they can carry that defense they were running at the start of the year with a decent offense then they will be greatly improved and maybe a tough fight.

You're right. But I don't like ottawa, and I like masoli even less. I hope we slap them around hard enough to make up for missing out on the free bingo spot last year. 

46 minutes ago, baxter said:

Don’t know how Ryan can complain about being replaced by a global player.  He had no problem going to the NFL and replacing an American.  Amounts to the same thing.

No, his complaint is that the minimum wage for Globals is lower than the minimum wage for Canadians. Not the same in the NFL because there is no ratio to worry about. His passport did not help or hurt his chances. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

If I was Rourke...I would be holding out...he has BC by the balls....

He should prepare to hold out and be ready to settle for mid level money and a good bonus. Maybe hold out till they stop pissing around with 250k offers to lawler and offer that cash to some guys who can keep him off his ass.