2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

maybe things are turning around in B.C....hopefully they trounce Jones and give that crowd a reason to come back

Wonder how many paid and how many were given away though... Only time will really tell. If we see 10k in the stands and a packed house at half time, its the show. If we see a low crowd in the seats and it tapers off as the year goes on they gave a ton of tickets away. 

23 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

They have One Republic playing the half time show which is a pretty big band

butts in seats.....do what ya gotta do to introduce the game to possible new fans....more teams should be doing this...helloo MLSE DOUCHBAGS

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Pre-game concert. 

I look forward to Suitor trying to find something relatable to speak to One Republic about. 

isnt it post game?

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Pre-game concert. 

I look forward to Suitor trying to find something relatable to speak to One Republic about. 

No worries, you will have plenty of time to listen to Suitor try while a football game plays and they ignore the game completely.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Wonder how many paid and how many were given away though... Only time will really tell. If we see 10k in the stands and a packed house at half time, its the show. If we see a low crowd in the seats and it tapers off as the year goes on they gave a ton of tickets away. 

Even Costco has loss-leaders- where else can you get a cooked rotisserie chicken and hot dog and pop for those prices?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

butts in seats.....do what ya gotta do to introduce the game to possible new fans....more teams should be doing this...helloo MLSE DOUCHBAGS

isnt it post game?

Referring to Fajardo's passes?

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Even Costco has loss-leaders- where else can you get a cooked rotisserie chicken and hot dog and pop for those prices?

Referring to Fajardo's passes?

I’m not talking about the investment lost. I’m talking how bad it’ll look for the fan base.  Imagine if you are winning a close game at home and your crowd is leaving in mass. Or if 5x more show up for the pre game then the game. 

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Imagine 50k people at the pre game concert and 10k for the game? Ouch. Hope that doesn't happen but I'd be nervous if I was in bc.

Is the upper bowl open? I thought they were limiting the seats to lower bowl only? Damn, you, wbbfan, now I have to go back and check. 

Ugh, yes, lower bowl only. Capacity 28,0000. Still, if they can get 3/4 of that out, that would be great momentum for them. 

For reference, the White Caps are averaging 16,405 this season. Up from just over 10,000 last year (Covid). 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Is the upper bowl open? I thought they were limiting the seats to lower bowl only? Damn, you, wbbfan, now I have to go back and check. 

Ugh, yes, lower bowl only. Capacity 28,0000. Still, if they can get 3/4 of that out, that would be great momentum for them. 

For reference, the White Caps are averaging 16,405 this season. Up from just over 10,000 last year (Covid). 

Ah ok well that’s not soo dramatic then. I feel like the lowlands want to get out to white caps games. I don’t think they care about the Leo’s. But it’d be great if the new owner can turn that around.