2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

He wasn't a top 5 rec last year. In any category....thats why you caught flak. :)

saying that, I wouldn't be against signing him on a discount.

Fair point but that's not where I was headed with that. I meant as far as talent wise goes hes still up there with the elites in my opinion. To the poster saying he quit on his team. Remember the Tim burke blue bombers? A lot of similarities. 

Not saying that it's acceptable in pro sports but there are some mitigating factors that go into it

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I fail to understand why fans think Derel Walker will come at a discounted price. That was a tire in Edmonton last year so how much was his fault? He'll demand $200K to be signed. Will he get it? I'd say probably. 

Walters; come play here,we've got a great team and were interested in you,how's 170k sound?

DW; I'd love to but I'm asking 200k

KW; FIFO

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That won't matter one bit. Only fans think that way. 

You would be surprised come negotiation..2 sub par yrs ..he literally loafed and quit....he needs to re-establish his worth...and he knows it..I bet he can be had for a 185k salary with incentive easily..especially here...he should slot no more than Beg's and Burnham...2017/18 production is 5 yrs in rear view

Ha...they have to be...can't pay million bucks for 4 import receivers..especially with Cottoy prob making 100k too

Just now, Booch said:

Ha...they have to be...can't pay million bucks for 4 import receivers..especially with Cottoy prob making 100k too

And Rhymes is still on their roster...and not at league minimum

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think they're going to over pay Richardson and Betts (who has literally accomplished nothing in this league). 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think Rhymes signed for cheap last year. $85k or so, iirc. I remember being surprised when it was announced.

Ellingson, Walker, & Harris would all be >1k receivers in Winnipeg, imo.

We lose Lawler..sign Walker to take top off..got Bailey in the intermediate and underneath...we actually utilize Woli and we all know what Demski can do..maybe get Adams at discount to.mentor a new young guy and be that grit....and we possibly can keep Harris and have him go out as final yr in class..unless he shows he got lots left

There aren't many out there now that I'd want in Wpg. Of Weineke is out.... Man I dunno. Walker doesn't really seem to fit the culture. I'd honestly rather break the bank for Lawler than bring in someone shitty. But.... If they think Sheed can step up, and one of the newer receivers can step up..... Maybe we can get buy without a "name" as the #1?? 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There aren't many out there now that I'd want in Wpg. Of Weineke is out.... Man I dunno. Walker doesn't really seem to fit the culture. I'd honestly rather break the bank for Lawler than bring in someone shitty. But.... If they think Sheed can step up, and one of the newer receivers can step up..... Maybe we can get buy without a "name" as the #1?? 

He might fit the culture once he's introduced,I'd have faith

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

RJ Harris can be a deep guy. 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

RJ Harris can be a deep guy. 

Well everyone... Hopefully we can get Kenny Lawler back in blue and gold... otherwise, Ricky Collins Jr, Josh Huff or Greg Ellingson. Saw the comment about Ellingson (2nd down possession receiver), I'm interested in feedback about the other 2 guys...