2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Dom Davis gets a deal in Montreal. How this guy keeps getting work in the pros is insane. 

Khari is the black QB whisperor?    

I'm guessing they signed him because they don't want to scout any new QB talent and/or hope that he only does 3rd down plunges?

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Have arm will travel.

Has arm, not a good arm but has arm lol. He's like a cowboy answering HGWT posting with a pop gun. 🤣

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Khari is the black QB whisperor?    

I'm guessing they signed him because they don't want to scout any new QB talent and/or hope that he only does 3rd down plunges?

I guess the 2nd thing could be it. But many you'd think 2021 taught them that qb depth is needed. I would NOT want to rest an entire teams hopes for the year on the shoulders of Vaj and DD. 

Montreal hasnt been linked to any FAs, and rumor mill has it that they are losing most of their top available FAs. Menard, Shiltz and wieneke all supposed to be as good as gone already. Makes me wonder wtf is happening in montreal? If DD is just a cheap alternative, why would they be soo tight? I sure hope its either not true, and that its not the owner squeezing the penny pouch. 

Going into last year montreal was the leagues up and comer and favored by some, including me, to win the east. Now they are 1 FA day away from going right back to the dumps.

14 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I wonder how public vax status is among GMs, it would have to impact negotiations quite a bit

At this point, it's huge... you can't sign a guy that can only play 9 games... I can't imagine anyone that's unvaxxed would get signed unless there is a change in the travel restrictions prior to June.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Global punter did a better job than Ryan. Its not like the guy who replaced him was some bum.

Plus....you ****** off to the NFL for awhile and made millions (????)....came back at the end of your career when you could just as easily retire......and now you're gonna complain about "some foreigner" putting you out of a job? Get ******...

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Plus....you ****** off to the NFL for awhile and made millions (????)....came back at the end of your career when you could just as easily retire......and now you're gonna complain about "some foreigner" putting you out of a job? Get ******...

So we don't want to sign him for a 1 day contract to retire as a Bomber :)

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's an interesting development. When the Stamps make moves, it's significant. They are as much of a model as the Bombers but have been doing it longer. 

Weird they wouldn't just wait 4 days and not give up Metchie, but maybe neither guy was re-signing with their team.