2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

Meh, he was still good last season, and I'd bet he's got at least one more good season left in him.

I'm not interested. I wasn't interested 3 years ago either.

Just now, sweep the leg said:

The most interesting fa receiver, imo, is Banks. Does he have anything left in the tank? Not sure I want it to be us who finds out, but I think it's interesting.

Bluh

8 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Well everyone... Hopefully we can get Kenny Lawler back in blue and gold... otherwise, Ricky Collins Jr, Josh Huff or Greg Ellingson. Saw the comment about Ellingson (2nd down possession receiver), I'm interested in feedback about the other 2 guys...

Id go after Ambles or RJ Harris first if we need to

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

RJ Harris could be very good in a real offense with a pro calibre QB.

Harris is interesting.

It just flat out sucks that we need to be moving on from Lawler after YEARS of searching for a legit #1 receiver. Now looking at the scrap heap for a diamond in the rough.

27 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Well everyone... Hopefully we can get Kenny Lawler back in blue and gold... otherwise, Ricky Collins Jr, Josh Huff or Greg Ellingson. Saw the comment about Ellingson (2nd down possession receiver), I'm interested in feedback about the other 2 guys...

Ricky Collins is a choke artist. I recall Huff being in the anti vax crowd. Hard pass on both.

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

We lose Lawler..sign Walker to take top off..got Bailey in the intermediate and underneath...we actually utilize Woli and we all know what Demski can do..maybe get Adams at discount to.mentor a new young guy and be that grit....and we possibly can keep Harris and have him go out as final yr in class..unless he shows he got lots left

I remember Bombers seemingly were pretty high on Kelvin McKnight. He beat out Namaan Roosevelt to start when Lawler was out. Isn't McKnight still on board? If Janarion Grant re-signs here I could see him as a starting receiver. He's similar to Lucky Whitehead. And he might be the best returner in the CFL.

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hard no to Ellingson and Banks.... I don't know enough about Ambles or Harris.... 

If it came down to Banks or Ellingson then I'm talking to Banks. In know he's 34 but he can still be zippy and he may say yes to a cheaper deal with a chance to help us 3 peat

Edited by Nolby

Again, we have the guy who was dominating last years camp but got injured and had to miss the season. He's re-signed as of a few weeks ago and will be in camp. We've definitely got some in house options. 

Question for guys like SpeedFlex27 and Booch who know infinitely more than I do: Can Rasheed Bailey be what Lawler was? Does he have that ceiling or no? 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Again, we have the guy who was dominating last years camp but got injured and had to miss the season. He's re-signed as of a few weeks ago and will be in camp. We've definitely got some in house options. 

Question for guys like SpeedFlex27 and Booch who know infinitely more than I do: Can Rasheed Bailey be what Lawler was? Does he have that ceiling or no? 

I have the feeling that this is Bailey's break out year,he's been getting better and better. He's got the speed, strength,50/50 ability,I feel he can be good for 1200 yards and 5-10 TDs.

Edited by Nolby