2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

15 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

This is from Michael Ball aka Ballsey who is on the wolf in Saskatchewan and I believe does work on their telecasts. Idiot.

I have a legit question: What is going on in WPG with the

? How can they re-sign all these players? Why would a player take way less to stay in WPG? We are talking about CFL money not NFL money! Something is up IMO. Follow the Lawler situation closely. #CFL

😄

Michael Ball is a covid denier, an all around moron. There is no reason to respond to this idiot.

12 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Ed Gainey tweeting out his goodbyes to the Riders. I can't tell if that's a loss for him of not. So overrated. 

Please don't come here.

Damn, I was hoping he sould stay there.

Although he did call Regina boring. 

I hope he goes to Ottawa but he would be smarter to go to Edmonton. 

21 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Ed Gainey tweeting out his goodbyes to the Riders. I can't tell if that's a loss for him of not. So overrated. 

I was honestly hoping they would re-sign him. Besides getting burned once a game deep, he was one of the poison pills in their locker room imo. They absolutely had to get rid of the Purifoy-Marshall-Gainey clique in that locker room and it appears they are doing so. Rider fans losing their minds but getting rid of these attitudes will make them better.

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

This is from Michael Ball aka Ballsy who is on the wolf in Saskatchewan and I believe does work on their telecasts. Idiot.

? How can they re-sign all these players? Why would a player take way less to stay in WPG? We are talking about CFL money not NFL money! Something is up IMO. Follow the Lawler situation closely. #CFL

You mean to tell me a radio jockey who's got the intellect of an old sponge can't use logic and reasoning to figure out something...?

And jee-zus, that Twitter feed is a tire fire. Quelle surprise he hates Trudeau and supports the Covidiot Clown Convoy. I hope the Bombers PR team tweets back at that ballsack.

38 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

This is from Michael Ball aka Ballsey who is on the wolf in Saskatchewan and I believe does work on their telecasts. Idiot.

These Regina guys just don't get it. Regina you have to overpay because you are a glorified gopher hole whose idea of fine dining is Denny's and bingo rules the entertainment scene. Young twenty something players from the US will want to be paid to be there. How does Winnipeg retain....easy it's called winning and a 100x more recreation...something you four stripers just don't know much about.

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

"Confidence they may retain" 

I honestly hope they do break the bank for Duke. He is way over rated. I can't understand how completely out to lunch the Riders and Lions are. Neither team seems to be bothered to fix what is making them losers and are instead like Shmeegle, chasing after shiny baubles.

the Faj's restructure hardly free's up much money...and as was stated....American born players need extra cash to stay in that dump of a city.....reason why Winnipeg retains a lot...and lot stay there after....it has tons of things to do..see..get involved with...guys like it here.....and the team dynamics are key now...thats why guys stay here now....Just whiney drivel coming from the west.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You mean to tell me a radio jockey who's got the intellect of an old sponge can't use logic and reasoning to figure out something...?

And jee-zus, that Twitter feed is a tire fire. Quelle surprise he hates Trudeau and supports the Covidiot Clown Convoy. I hope the Bombers PR team tweets back at that ballsack.

In fairness to Ballsy, he's nothing if not consistent, he's been accusing us of circumventing the cap ever since we signed Jefferson.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wonder if Gainey goes to Edmonton?

Wonder if Edmonton would even want him. Honestly, if I'm looking to rebuild a culture he is the last guy I am bringing in. He is a selfish player. Gainey needs to go somewhere that he will not be a locker room influencer.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Wonder if Edmonton would even want him. Honestly, if I'm looking to rebuild a culture he is the last guy I am bringing in. He is a selfish player. Gainey needs to go somewhere that he will not be a locker room influencer.

Chris Jones is the guy who built the current culture in Saskatchewan.  He loves that crap.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Gainey..Purifoy..Edam and Marshall are all bad influences and me first, selfish guys....Probably Marshal and Edam as the worst...and the 2 they chose to keep....that whole quartet if I was GM there would have been replaced last yr already....I see a lot of turnover in Riderland, and thats not a good thing...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Gainey..Purifoy..Edam and Marshall are all bad influences and me first, selfish guys....Probably Marshal and Edam as the worst...and the 2 they chose to keep....that whole quartet if I was GM there would have been replaced last yr already....I see a lot of turnover in Riderland, and thats not a good thing...

I think that’s addition by subtraction for the Riders. Losing those guys will likely improve the mentality and the culture and allow the young guys to step up in a GC hosting year. I’m not sold on the Riders yet but I think they will still be contenders this year. 

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Watch nobody sign him and begrudgingly runs back to the Riders just so he can play. 

At least that's what I'd like to see happen.

19 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I think that’s addition by subtraction for the Riders. Losing those guys will likely improve the mentality and the culture and allow the young guys to step up in a GC hosting year. I’m not sold on the Riders yet but I think they will still be contenders this year. 

It’ll help, but even once they finish their purge, they still have to develop a new winning culture.

Still lots of players to sign for all teams. It’s gonna be interesting how it all shakes out.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

They think they get bonus points the more receivers they have?