2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I am more interested in how much up front Faj is getting. That's as important as the total season hit. I would rather have a qb at 550 with 87k upfront than a 475k Qb with 200k up front for instance.

I'd rather have him at or under 150 or not at all tbh. 

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Lions sign deanthony Thomas. Great Pick up. It'd be scary good to have him on the field at the same time as lucky. 

Meh 29 years old and hasn’t played in two years. We always seem to get these kind of guys who had decent long NFL careers and they came here and are either washed up or Under  estimate the learning curve of the game or don’t work hard enough to get into the starting line up. Not saying this is the case necessarily but I can’t really remember the last NFL receiver veteran to come into the CFL and have success. 

yeah...hardly hepful....and still wayyyyyy over payed.....he gets hurt...that fat boings is still on the books...I see them scrambling for whoever in free agency tho seeing as a lot of their "key" guys havnt signed on dotted line yet....interesting indeed....or they may be paying them more than they worth, or wanted to in order to keep continuity there, mind you they havnt gotten it done the last 3 years with that group...what's this coming yr gonna be but more of the same...

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Meh 29 years old and hasn’t played in two years. We always seem to get these kind of guys who had decent long NFL careers and they came here and are either washed up or Under  estimate the learning curve of the game or don’t work hard enough to get into the starting line up. Not saying this is the case necessarily but I can’t really remember the last NFL receiver veteran to come into the CFL and have success. 

I get why you say that but this guy isn't your average nfl mid term return man. This guy is dangerous af with the football in his hands. This is a lucky Whitehead level pick up.  

Also he missed 2020 because of covid. He decided to sit it out. I would be thrilled if we had got him. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Team player! What a hero!

Isn't this basically half the riders signing bonus cap for the year? Am I out to lunch or what. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get why you say that but this guy isn't your average nfl mid term return man. This guy is dangerous af with the football in his hands. This is a lucky Whitehead level pick up.  

is this really a big deal? 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...hardly hepful....and still wayyyyyy over payed.....he gets hurt...that fat boings is still on the books...I see them scrambling for whoever in free agency tho seeing as a lot of their "key" guys havnt signed on dotted line yet....interesting indeed....or they may be paying them more than they worth, or wanted to in order to keep continuity there, mind you they havnt gotten it done the last 3 years with that group...what's this coming yr gonna be but more of the same...

There's a couple of Regina sports broadcasters on Twitter saying we just have to be ignoring the salary cap because we're signing too many players. Their tweets are stoking up the Priders as they just can't believe it as they probably had dreams of scarfing up some of our free agents. It's all about players wanting to stay here you morons. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I think some of the players not being re-signed were on purpose. Their locker room was littered with me first losers. Talented sure...but time to move on.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I think some of the players not being re-signed were on purpose. Their locker room was littered with me first losers. Talented sure...but time to move on.

100 percent

But Dickey needs to take control too...he looked as if he had none

People around the CFL really just have no grasp of the salary cap. At all. 

Especially when it comes to positions like the OL. “How can the Bombers keep Couture?!”, meanwhile he’s not even being paid like a top 2 center in the league.

They also seem to think every single guy league wide gets a huge raise, as if every veteran out there played for league minimum last year or something.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

is this really a big deal? 

He is that electric. 

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

Especially when it comes to positions like the OL. “How can the Bombers keep Couture?!”, meanwhile he’s not even being paid like a top 2 center in the league.

They also seem to think every single guy league wide gets a huge raise, as if every veteran out there played for league minimum last year or something.

Also every roster is half empty or more.

Iirc the gap between the salary floor and cap is around a million bucks. That can fit a whole lot of raises league wide. 

But I mean the ticats cheated the ratio like 4 times last year late in games and got a slap on the wrist. If the cap gets tight for teams giving crazy money now it likely means more rookies on the roster. But if a great vet comes available no one will hesitate. 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I have been saying for ages that once the initial frenzy dies down there's going to be a significant number of good solid players who are left looking at smaller pieces of the pie available and there will be some value to be had because salary cap. 

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I have been saying for ages that once the initial frenzy dies down there's going to be a significant number of good solid players who are left looking at smaller pieces of the pie available and there will be some value to be had because salary cap. 

Truth. 

This is from Michael Ball aka Ballsey who is on the wolf in Saskatchewan and I believe does work on their telecasts. Idiot.

I have a legit question: What is going on in WPG with the

? How can they re-sign all these players? Why would a player take way less to stay in WPG? We are talking about CFL money not NFL money! Something is up IMO. Follow the Lawler situation closely. #CFL