2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Just now, Booch said:

He had one big game last yr...and in playoffs one big play where Taylor slipped...normal conditions that's a short gain..and his o.t catch...was not a catch..I see a hard fight for 3rd place for them...

And also faked knocking himself out after a massive push off and non catch in the WF. 

Well...I see this as for sure driving Lawler money up...but we stand strong...say 185 hard..with incentive for more if he leads league again ..and possible playoff cash...no need to follow the idiots...I sure we can use 250k  and maybe a bit more  sign 2 of say a Walker..RJ Harris..Amnbles...Adams...Rogers...Huff...and be just fine

4 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

This is really going to drive the price up for Lawler. I think Lawler is a better receiver and all around team guy then Duke. But no where near $260. 

Have CFL teams lost their minds?? No wonder this league loses $20 million or more each year. There are no actual business practices going on anymore. 

Just now, Booch said:

Well...I see this as for sure driving Lawler money up...but we stand strong...say 185 hard..with incentive for more if he leads league again ..and possible playoff cash...no need to follow the idiots...I sure we can use 250k  and maybe a bit more  sign 2 of say a Walker..RJ Harris..Amnbles...Adams...Rogers...Huff...and be just fine

Walker will still want top dollar. His agent will say that the situation in Edmonton was the reason for his bad season. He'll probably get it, too. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Have CFL teams lost their minds?? No wonder this league loses $20 million or more each year. There are no actual business practices going on anymore. 

Walker will still want top dollar. His agent will say that the situation in Edmonton was the reason for his bad season. He'll probably get it, too. 

Id definitely want walker here if Lawler leaves. Not for 200k plus mind you. I would say the agent is right. Edmonton was a dumpster fire

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

$200 plus K is the new $150 K now. Thanks to the Lions & Riders. 

Yeah, I mean 260 k is insane. The riders will find out this year that the recieving crew isn't the problem, its their qb and online.

God damn id rather scout raw rookies and hope one sticks then pay that

260 big ones......for that eye gouger.....giant LOL....I think this lets the riders out of the bidding for a few players....hello Stove.....Their o line still needs a lot of work and they go wild on the spitter.....Williams says he smells a Cup win with this club.....Good luck Duke ....that ain't happening in saskabush

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

Yeah, I mean 260 k is insane. The riders will find out this year that the recieving crew isn't the problem, its their qb and online.

God damn id rather scout raw rookies and hope one sticks then pay that

The Bombers will have to pay Lawler. They might but that'll mean some veterans who helped us win 2 championships will have to leave to be able to afford it.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bombers will have to pay Lawler. They might but that'll mean some veterans who helped us win 2 championships will have to leave to be able to afford it.

In my opinion, and I do see Lawler as one of the top 3 guys in the league, If he's anywhere near that number I'm letting him walk.

See whats left over in free agency for scraps or comes at a team friendly price and get Danny Mac and Co out there finding talent. It seems every year there's a couple new break through guys.

Not to mention if the bombers can find a guy who exits for the nfl and doesn't stick half way through the season  they have that route to go. I think its mental paying 200 for a receiver.

175 is where I would draw the line 

Edited by CodyT

Just now, CodyT said:

In my opinion, and I do see Lawler as one of the top 3 guys in the league, If he's anywhere near that number I'm letting him walk.

See whats left over in free agency for scraps or comes at a team friendly price and get Danny Mac and Co out there finding talent. It seems every year there's a couple new break through guys.

Not to mention if the bombers can find a guy who exists for the nfl and doesn't stick half way through the season  they have that route to go. I think its mental paying 200 for a receiver.

175 is where I would draw the line 

What if it was Milt Stegall in today's days? Milt in my opinion would've been the only receiver that could be paid 260k without batting an eye,Duke at that price is laughable. I'm very confident in Ted and Danny to find us the next guy or one that just goes with our offense.

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

What if it was Milt Stegall in today's days? Milt in my opinion would've been the only receiver that could be paid 260k without batting an eye,Duke at that price is laughable. I'm very confident in Ted and Danny to find us the next guy or one that just goes with our offense.

It took us years to find Lawler. Walters & McManus were accused on this board by members saying he couldn't find a deep threat receiver. We kept signing over the hill washed out receivers who never worked out. 

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Well Milt shouldn't factor in as hes pretty much undisputed as the best pass catcher in cfl history. They wouldn't have paid milt that kind of money in his 3rd year in the league, I don't think. But I could be wrong 

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

Well Milt shouldn't factor in as hes pretty much undisputed as the best pass catcher in cfl history. They wouldn't have paid milt that kind of money in his 3rd year in the league, I don't think. But I could be wrong 

No argument there,my point was that he was the only type of receiver that should've ever been paid "Holy ****,that's a lot of money" money. Pending what happens with Lawler,say he takes off,would there be any interest in derel walker at a very discounted price? If we can catch even glimpses of his skill before he signed that mega contract then he may be worth a look?

Just now, Nolby said:

No argument there,my point was that he was the only type of receiver that should've ever been paid "Holy ****,that's a lot of money" money. Pending what happens with Lawler,say he takes off,would there be any interest in derel walker at a very discounted price? If we can catch even glimpses of his skill before he signed that mega contract then he may be worth a look?

I caught flak earlier this week for rating walker still a top 5 receiver in this league. One bad year on a putrid offense doesn't mean he's had a major drop off.

Id put in a sizeable offer to him (160-175 or so)

Just now, Nolby said:

I fail to understand why fans think Derel Walker will come at a discounted price. That was a tire in Edmonton last year so how much was his fault? He'll demand $200K to be signed. Will he get it? I'd say probably. 

4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I caught flak earlier this week for rating walker still a top 5 receiver in this league. One bad year on a putrid offense doesn't mean he's had a major drop off.

Id put in a sizeable offer to him (160-175 or so)

He wasn't a top 5 rec last year. In any category....thats why you caught flak. :)

and can anyone remember what he did in TO? Honest Question...was it over 1000yrd? 

saying that, I wouldn't be against signing him on a discount.

Edited by Bigblue204