2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Let's just for fun say that your 20k theory is correct, even though it probably is much too simplistic to put the same $ value on every FA....but this is for fun. We don't need to offer Lawler a 230k contract to beat the BC offer. 

BC offer...250k + 0 playoff dollars = 250k

Winnipeg....200k + 30k playoff money = 230k

250k-230k = 20k

...and 3DN stated that they think playoff money is actually going up over that this year.

There....you happy?

I DDG'd (DuckDuckGo'd) for 5 Minutes and couldn't come up with where I found the 20K number. I thought it was in Twitter or 3downnation, but no luck, so I am apologising for using 20K.

Now, on to this post... 

You're assuming BC doesn't make the playoffs which may or may not be a good assumption.

Your're assuming the Winnipeg comes in first ($3400), wins the division playoff ($3600), and the Grey Cup ($16,000), which comes to $23,000 (Numbers from: https://cfldb.ca/faq/compensation/ and from the 2019 CBA). Any or all of those assumptions may or may not be good assumptions. Is the extra $7000 is coming from your assumption of how much the playoff money is going up?

$250K with a chance at playoff money is more than 200K with an almost guarantee of making the playoffs which is $3400. 

Oh Yah! I almost forgot. I didn't say that players were going to see who was going to pay them $21K more.

Sayles had great stats .and was very effective.

I also assume they will make stove the best offer they can...and see where it stands...all we can do...hope he back...cause if he is we will be lights out again ..even without the way this shaking out we are gonna be anyway.

Maybe we can steal micah Johnson cheaper than stove...now wouldn't that piss off our green neighbors

I gotta admit ,I'm a tad concerned on the RB front. Can anybody give me anything on whats going on there? Imo ,I'd take Augustine over Oliviera ,IF, i had to lose anybody. I cant see AH going anywhere though...just taking to darn long for my liking. And did I read ,right earlier today? Lawler took BC's offer?

6 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

I gotta admit ,I'm a tad concerned on the RB front. Can anybody give me anything on whats going on there? Imo ,I'd take Augustine over Oliviera ,IF, i had to lose anybody. I cant see AH going anywhere though...just taking to darn long for my liking. And did I read ,right earlier today? Lawler took BC's offer?

I'd expect Oliviera to be signed soon. Augustine is likely out the door unfortunately.

Lawler can't accept any offers from other teams yet. Free agency opens next week.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd expect Oliviera to be signed soon. Augustine is likely out the door unfortunately.

Lawler can't accept any offers from other teams yet. Free agency opens next week.

Thanks for the update. I make bacon for a living ,so not always time to keep up to speed. Losing Lawler would suck ,but I think we'd be just fine.

Edited by Piggy 1

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Letterman also did a bit which had Brett Favre coming out of retirement and signing with a bunch of teams - one being the Bombers.

I remember seeing it when it first aired but haven't been able to find a clip of it.

Ok thanks for the explanation. Without the need to use all caps...lol

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Sayles had great stats .and was very effective.

I also assume they will make stove the best offer they can...and see where it stands...all we can do...hope he back...cause if he is we will be lights out again ..even without the way this shaking out we are gonna be anyway.

Maybe we can steal micah Johnson cheaper than stove...now wouldn't that piss off our green neighbors

I half expect the dirty Riders to make a big play for Stove, ditching old Micah J. if he signs and proclaiming to their fans they have dealt the Bombers another death blow.  I mean they have to do something to make it look like they're at least trying...

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I didn't realize Johnny was nearing his 30s,if Augustine and Oliviera were same age I would've taken Johnny first but now I understand why he's a little easier of a decision in the end.

Edited by Nolby

10 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I didn't realize Johnny was nearing his 30s,if Augustine and Oliviera were same age I would've taken Johnny first but now I understand why he's a little easier of a decision in the end.

I said the same thing. Same age I’d take August over Olive. But they are pretty close skill wise and I think Oliviera still hasn’t hit his full potential. I’d like both back if we can though. Another year together will really help Him grow I think. 

Any chance Andrew could be even a slight bit butt hurt about not being valued by the club, and in some regards the fans the same as he was in years past?

I think it's a long shot but I wouldn't totally rule out him signing else where for one last pay day. I could see a team taking a chance on a one year worth 170-200 k. Good marketability and Canadian game breaker. Winnipeg would not entertain that anymore imo

He was top notch when he was playing. One year with injuries doesn't mean that's going to repeat.

Edited by CodyT

Just now, CodyT said:

Any chance Andrew could be even a slight bit butt hurt about not being valued by the club, and in some regards the fans the same was as years past?

I think it's a long shot but I wouldn't totally rule out him signing else where for one last pay day. I could see a team taking a chance on a one year worth 170-200 k. Good marketability and Canadian game breaker. Winnipeg would not entertain that anymore imo

He was top notch when he was playing. One year with injuries doesn't mean that's going to repeat.

All of his business is in town and he's leaning on his name to build it. The academy would be fine without him but it thrives with him here. Plus he has his fingers in other pies too. 

I think Harris is a full partner in this deal. I think he's been working with Walters. 

Just my opinion based on how he and the team operate. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I said the same thing. Same age I’d take August over Olive. But they are pretty close skill wise and I think Oliviera still hasn’t hit his full potential. I’d like both back if we can though. Another year together will really help Him grow I think. 

Brady is a good north and south runner,I just feel Augustine can run east and west while running north or south

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

He’s only 28 and hardly has any mileage on his body. The biggest factor for running backs wearing down isn’t usually age it’s usage/mileage over the year. I just can’t help but love Agustine’s skill set. He’s so fast and quick. I would still rather go with One of Harris/Oliveria and Augustine because of the different styles. 

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I DDG'd (DuckDuckGo'd) for 5 Minutes and couldn't come up with where I found the 20K number. I thought it was in Twitter or 3downnation, but no luck, so I am apologising for using 20K.

Now, on to this post... 

You're assuming BC doesn't make the playoffs which may or may not be a good assumption.

Your're assuming the Winnipeg comes in first ($3400), wins the division playoff ($3600), and the Grey Cup ($16,000), which comes to $23,000 (Numbers from: https://cfldb.ca/faq/compensation/ and from the 2019 CBA). Any or all of those assumptions may or may not be good assumptions. Is the extra $7000 is coming from your assumption of how much the playoff money is going up?

$250K with a chance at playoff money is more than 200K with an almost guarantee of making the playoffs which is $3400. 

Oh Yah! I almost forgot. I didn't say that players were going to see who was going to pay them $21K more.

The bigger risk here is that it could ruin his reputation to sign with BC if he no longer puts up the same kind of numbers.