Wiecek's Article

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It wasn't a conscious decision but I realized have completely stopped consuming the traditional local media for sports coverage.  It just adds nothing beyond what you can get from the team's social media and website.  I can watch full press conferences rather than reading 400 words based around 2 or 3 quotes.  I can watch highlights and game recaps on demand.  

I liked to read Kirk Penton's work but once he left the Sun, there was really nothing worth reading anymore.

Concur. With cfl.ca & mbb at my disposal, I rarely read anything from the Sun or the Freep. 

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

It wasn't a conscious decision but I realized have completely stopped consuming the traditional local media for sports coverage.  It just adds nothing beyond what you can get from the team's social media and website.  I can watch full press conferences rather than reading 400 words based around 2 or 3 quotes.  I can watch highlights and game recaps on demand.  

I liked to read Kirk Penton's work but once he left the Sun, there was really nothing worth reading anymore.

Kirk Penton's insider article was literally the only thing worth reading in print media the last few years... 

On 7/28/2017 at 10:21 AM, rebusrankin said:

Wiecek is a prime example of why print media is dying.

QFT.

Id say im pretty critical of coaching, and mos in general. But Idk how wiecek can say he doesnt take responsibility. Every time hes interview after the team struggles, or loses he takes all the responsibility. 

Mos isnt the most hated coach on the staff today. I think more people dislike our oc/dc then mos. Most hated bomber hc is a joke. 

Attendance is down a bit aside from the couple freak markets. The jets in part dip the bombers attendance once their season starts up. The team being average in record and only turning it around mid way through last year has more to do with it. The dark ages 2.0 really rocked the blue fan base, they will need to sustain some winning and play at a high level to rebuild the base back to the point we draw 30k every home game. not to mention stop pooping the bed at home. 

This is a poor attempt at a scape goat. The problem with the blue isnt one dimensional. 

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

Story?

In the middle of Satanic Panic where therapists believed satanists were abusing children based on planting ideas into children, a tent preacher came to Winnipeg. He made the cover of Winnipeg Sun by claiming 50 000 babies killed each year in the US by Satanists. I called the Sun's news editor and asked what kind of fact checking was done for that story. He said "Well you got me, I'll try better next time." Sinclair had recently done a column on inaccuracy by the Sun so I contacted him and explained that FBI stats showed a total of 20 000 people murdered in the US in total (I believe it is more like 12 or 13 thousand these days) and no known sacrifice of babies by satanists.  So Sinclair runs a column quoting me by name saying that 20 thousand babies are getting killed by Satanists not 50 000. 

19 hours ago, wbbfan said:

QFT.

Id say im pretty critical of coaching, and mos in general. But Idk how wiecek can say he doesnt take responsibility. Every time hes interview after the team struggles, or loses he takes all the responsibility. 

Mos isnt the most hated coach on the staff today. I think more people dislike our oc/dc then mos. Most hated bomber hc is a joke. 

Attendance is down a bit aside from the couple freak markets. The jets in part dip the bombers attendance once their season starts up. The team being average in record and only turning it around mid way through last year has more to do with it. The dark ages 2.0 really rocked the blue fan base, they will need to sustain some winning and play at a high level to rebuild the base back to the point we draw 30k every home game. not to mention stop pooping the bed at home. 

This is a poor attempt at a scape goat. The problem with the blue isnt one dimensional. 

I totally agree. I also agree with the previously stated opinion that old fashioned media is no longer needed. It is not like we would get some sort of careful work uncovering some hidden truth. Might as well get our press releases straight to us directly. The bomber app gives me press releases and twitter gives stories and plenty of opinion in podcasts. For in depth analysis we can throw stuff at each other here. There are a few people here who actually know some stuff along with the rest of us who just like to spout. 

16 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

In the middle of Satanic Panic where therapists believed satanists were abusing children based on planting ideas into children, a tent preacher came to Winnipeg. He made the cover of Winnipeg Sun by claiming 50 000 babies killed each year in the US by Satanists. I called the Sun's news editor and asked what kind of fact checking was done for that story. He said "Well you got me, I'll try better next time." Sinclair had recently done a column on inaccuracy by the Sun so I contacted him and explained that FBI stats showed a total of 20 000 people murdered in the US in total (I believe it is more like 12 or 13 thousand these days) and no known sacrifice of babies by satanists.  So Sinclair runs a column quoting me by name saying that 20 thousand babies are getting killed by Satanists not 50 000. 

LOL that's so ridiculous

21 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Why would anyone preach to tents?  They're inanimate.  

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

You've got it backwards, it's the preachers that are animate. They're well known to be intense..

No, you have it wrong. Its Bedouins who are often intents. As are their lovemaking.

Edited by tracker

5 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I totally agree. I also agree with the previously stated opinion that old fashioned media is no longer needed. It is not like we would get some sort of careful work uncovering some hidden truth. Might as well get our press releases straight to us directly. The bomber app gives me press releases and twitter gives stories and plenty of opinion in podcasts. For in depth analysis we can throw stuff at each other here. There are a few people here who actually know some stuff along with the rest of us who just like to spout. 

If he wants to be edgy and controversial, leak an idea of what type of injures guys actually have. Or snoop some info about neglist etc. Hard ball them in the presser over some one like bear woods etc. not saying thats a good idea, but if u want to be the edgy reporter that would be drastically better imo. 

Agree about that form of media not being needed any more. With knuckles on the radio, and taits articles on the bombers site other such media are kind of a waste imo. His articles on BB.com are just fantastic. Like, tait has allways been gold. But him just focusing on the blue is great. IF any thing id like to see more from doug brown. His experienced player pov, kind of insider stuff that isnt tilted for or against the blue, or the league is just great. The team, and the league need more :young" media/broadcasters like him. 

Well sorry for going against the flow on this one....I think he hit it on the head. I have never liked MOS's attitude from the get go. He is far too stubborn to be a head coach responsible for making decisions that will help the team win be it either during the game and game decisions or manpower decisions. The points that were made were spot on regarding his unwillingness to sit Willy, sit other starters who were underperforming etc. It was only when he was told to give Nichols a shot after a terrible 1-4 start and then by luck inserted a few rookies due to injury namely Loffler and Fogg that the team started to move. I believe there was also a move to insert Bond on the OL line but I may be wrong with that one. Point is he cannot make a manpower decision effectively and his game decisions are terrible.

He is one of the reasons I did not keep my season tickets after many years.....it was obvious what the outcome was going to be and I didn't want to spend 1 1/2 hours driving into the city to watch what I KNEW was going to be another loss and not a close one at that.....then if by luck it was a close one to be lost with a bone head decision by the head coach, only to have to wait over 1/2 hour to leave and face another 1 1/2 hour drive back home. And to top it all off I couldn't leave early because the shuttle bus didn't leave until it was full near the end of the game. I won't mention IGF which is another story of its own. Suffice to say, Mr MOS was a huge reason why I stopped going. Do I follow them on TV, yes I do but I have the privilege to turn it off when I chose. Do I wish them well, certainly do and will always but reality is they will never win a Grey Cup or get to it with MOS as head coach......so the article is bang on....at least in my opinion

32 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Well sorry for going against the flow on this one....I think he hit it on the head. I have never liked MOS's attitude from the get go. He is far too stubborn to be a head coach responsible for making decisions that will help the team win be it either during the game and game decisions or manpower decisions. The points that were made were spot on regarding his unwillingness to sit Willy, sit other starters who were underperforming etc. It was only when he was told to give Nichols a shot after a terrible 1-4 start and then by luck inserted a few rookies due to injury namely Loffler and Fogg that the team started to move. I believe there was also a move to insert Bond on the OL line but I may be wrong with that one. Point is he cannot make a manpower decision effectively and his game decisions are terrible.

He is one of the reasons I did not keep my season tickets after many years.....it was obvious what the outcome was going to be and I didn't want to spend 1 1/2 hours driving into the city to watch what I KNEW was going to be another loss and not a close one at that.....then if by luck it was a close one to be lost with a bone head decision by the head coach, only to have to wait over 1/2 hour to leave and face another 1 1/2 hour drive back home. And to top it all off I couldn't leave early because the shuttle bus didn't leave until it was full near the end of the game. I won't mention IGF which is another story of its own. Suffice to say, Mr MOS was a huge reason why I stopped going. Do I follow them on TV, yes I do but I have the privilege to turn it off when I chose. Do I wish them well, certainly do and will always but reality is they will never win a Grey Cup or get to it with MOS as head coach......so the article is bang on....at least in my opinion

It's weird you'd give up your season tickets after an 11-7 record which was our best record in 13 years. 

45 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Reality is thats your opinion and reality also suggests you are a bitter silly man... 11-7 best record in years... Competitive every game pretty much. Exciting team... Weird. Its almost like you actually believe you know it all.. Thats sad. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Reality is thats your opinion and reality also suggests you are a bitter silly man... 11-7 best record in years... Competitive every game pretty much. Exciting team... Weird. Its almost like you actually believe you know it all.. Thats sad. 

Yeah, and it's not like we have any know-it-all posters like that here. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Image result for well there it is

11 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Good, go cheer for the Riders.  Fake fan!

Edited by Atomic

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

Has it even been proven he was "told" to sit Willy and start Nichols as opposed to making that decision himself?

At the time both Walters and O'shea were under extreme pressure to turn the season around and it was reported that Miller was attending practices so there is a rumour that pressure was exerted from above.