Wiecek's Article

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Has it even been proven he was "told" to sit Willy and start Nichols as opposed to making that decision himself?

No, but it's part of Bomber folklore by now, and once a statement is made, it flows like the wind and is repeated like a Winchester rifle.

34 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Nope. Of course, it's never been proved that O'Shea made the decision either.

but seeing that its you, you'd easily assume it was from above and not from the coach.. because O'shea is incapable of change or seeing whats right in front of him..

11 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Well sorry for going against the flow on this one....I think he hit it on the head. I have never liked MOS's attitude from the get go. He is far too stubborn to be a head coach responsible for making decisions that will help the team win be it either during the game and game decisions or manpower decisions. 

He is one of the reasons I did not keep my season tickets after many years.....blah, blah, blah.

it was obvious what the outcome was going to be and I didn't want to spend 1 1/2 hours driving into the city to watch what I KNEW was going to be another loss and not a close one at that.....blah, blah, blah

..so the article is bang on....at least in my opinion

I read this last night and was confused as to why you would even write drivel like this on a Bomber forum.

If you can agree with a poor writer, with an agenda, then that must mean you have an agenda also. 

I don't take being a Bomber fan lightly, as apparently you do, so this is extra motivation for me to pull even harder for MIKE O'SHEA to do well, smirk and all, so that you will be on the outside looking in when we hoist the cup.

You and Paul Wiecek.

12 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Well sorry for going against the flow on this one....I think he hit it on the head. I have never liked MOS's attitude from the get go. He is far too stubborn to be a head coach responsible for making decisions that will help the team win be it either during the game and game decisions or manpower decisions. The points that were made were spot on regarding his unwillingness to sit Willy, sit other starters who were underperforming etc. It was only when he was told to give Nichols a shot after a terrible 1-4 start and then by luck inserted a few rookies due to injury namely Loffler and Fogg that the team started to move. I believe there was also a move to insert Bond on the OL line but I may be wrong with that one. Point is he cannot make a manpower decision effectively and his game decisions are terrible.

He is one of the reasons I did not keep my season tickets after many years.....it was obvious what the outcome was going to be and I didn't want to spend 1 1/2 hours driving into the city to watch what I KNEW was going to be another loss and not a close one at that.....then if by luck it was a close one to be lost with a bone head decision by the head coach, only to have to wait over 1/2 hour to leave and face another 1 1/2 hour drive back home. And to top it all off I couldn't leave early because the shuttle bus didn't leave until it was full near the end of the game. I won't mention IGF which is another story of its own. Suffice to say, Mr MOS was a huge reason why I stopped going. Do I follow them on TV, yes I do but I have the privilege to turn it off when I chose. Do I wish them well, certainly do and will always but reality is they will never win a Grey Cup or get to it with MOS as head coach......so the article is bang on....at least in my opinion

Sounds like you're not much of a football fan, but hey neither is Wiecek so that's probably why you agree with him. 

18 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

but seeing that its you, you'd easily assume it was from above and not from the coach.. because O'shea is incapable of change or seeing whats right in front of him..

Seeing as it's you, you easily assume that it was O'Shea who made the decision when he suddenly realized what had been right in front of him for at least 5 games.

49 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Ultimately it's up to the head coach to make that change in-game.  There may have been pressure but the final decision was no one's but O'Shea.

If your boss tells you to make a change that you don't want to and you make it, is it actually your decision? Do you get to take all the accolades when it works out?

The Coaching staff of the Blue Bombers are fully capable of reviewing any situation that comes up and making future decisions based on that. I'm sure they take all factors in consideration and discuss these matters way more than we give them credit for. I'm not convinced Miller interferes with game decisions, although he may have suggestions. Miller, Walters, and O'Shea. These guys have worked together, but I'm convinced each is allowed to do their job. There is no reason to believe otherwise...

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Seeing as it's you, you easily assume that it was O'Shea who made the decision when he suddenly realized what had been right in front of him for at least 5 games.

yea his starter, the guy whom he picked to lead the team. You really that shocked he game him 5 whole freakin' games?  

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If your boss tells you to make a change that you don't want to and you make it, is it actually your decision? Do you get to take all the accolades when it works out?

you are assuming that Miller would stick his fingers into the mix like that.. or Walters for that matter when all signs indicate they haven't yet or are that kind of management team...  

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I wouldn't do that so I'm not sure how to answer.  If my boss convinces me that a certain direction is correct, then it's still my decision to go through with it.  If he hasn't convinced me it's correct, I wouldn't do it.

12 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Well sorry for going against the flow on this one....I think he hit it on the head. I have never liked MOS's attitude from the get go. He is far too stubborn to be a head coach responsible for making decisions that will help the team win be it either during the game and game decisions or manpower decisions. The points that were made were spot on regarding his unwillingness to sit Willy, sit other starters who were underperforming etc. It was only when he was told to give Nichols a shot after a terrible 1-4 start and then by luck inserted a few rookies due to injury namely Loffler and Fogg that the team started to move. I believe there was also a move to insert Bond on the OL line but I may be wrong with that one. Point is he cannot make a manpower decision effectively and his game decisions are terrible.

He is one of the reasons I did not keep my season tickets after many years.....it was obvious what the outcome was going to be and I didn't want to spend 1 1/2 hours driving into the city to watch what I KNEW was going to be another loss and not a close one at that.....then if by luck it was a close one to be lost with a bone head decision by the head coach, only to have to wait over 1/2 hour to leave and face another 1 1/2 hour drive back home. And to top it all off I couldn't leave early because the shuttle bus didn't leave until it was full near the end of the game. I won't mention IGF which is another story of its own. Suffice to say, Mr MOS was a huge reason why I stopped going. Do I follow them on TV, yes I do but I have the privilege to turn it off when I chose. Do I wish them well, certainly do and will always but reality is they will never win a Grey Cup or get to it with MOS as head coach......so the article is bang on....at least in my opinion

Wow.  I started to refute all the points then I suddenly realized why I am bothering. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Has it even been proven he was "told" to sit Willy and start Nichols as opposed to making that decision himself?

Of course not. Some "fans" would rather make up stories in a weak attempt to further the bullshit narrative O'Shea is hated, which clearly explains the support for Plug Wiecek... Er, I mean Paul Wiecek.

I just have a hard time believing that a guy who has "been a season ticket holder for 60 years" would tolerate guys like Burke, Kelly, and Reinbold... but O'Shea, with our best record in 14 years, is the tipping point.  I just don't understand that line of thinking.  If it's not about wins then what are you a fan of, really?

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I just have a hard time believing that a guy who has "been a season ticket holder for 60 years" would tolerate guys like Burke, Kelly, and Reinbold... but O'Shea, with our best record in 14 years, is the tipping point.  I just don't understand that line of thinking.  If it's not about wins then what are you a fan of, really?

Burke, that's it I was trying to remember some of the epic bad coaches the Bombers have had and all I could think was "Sad Sack" and I knew that wan't his name just what he looked like.  Kelly that one was something head in my mind.

Do I think O'Shea should wear pants on the sidelines? Sure as a head coach he should be held to a higher standard. However, that's just my opinion. Having said by not wearing pants should he be ripped in the media by Wiecek or fans that don't like it?? Nope. If that's his decision & the Blue Bomber organization (Miller) are fine with it then what's the problem? I doubt we're going back to the days of Eagle Keys & George Halas wearing suits on the sidelines so things are more casual. Employees don't even wear suits, ties or jackets to work these days. Times. Have. Changed. 

17 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Some people strive on being miserable. It must hurt him so bad that we have a good football team.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the fact that MOS clothing of choice is even a conversation piece is one of the most absurd things in a long list of absurd things within our "fan" base....

I think it just goes to show that MOS is doing a pretty good job, I mean if whether he wears pants or shorts is the biggest issue people have...

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Do I think O'Shea should wear pants on the sidelines? Sure as a head coach he should be held to a higher standard.

Image result for y tho

I don't understand how wearing shorts during the summer means he's not holding himself a higher standard. It's not like they're dirty, frayed, cut-off jean shorts.

41 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Image result for y tho

I don't understand how wearing shorts during the summer means he's not holding himself a higher standard. It's not like they're dirty, frayed, cut-off jean shorts.

It would be cool if he did though, sort of like Bill Belichick on steroids.

Bust out his Daisy Dukes, brown loafers and a mesh muscle shirt. Sorry for the image.

Edited by HardCoreBlue
Added the top half of his outfit and shoes to match. :)

Was not going to respond to the comments then thought again. Yes there have been terrible coaches over the past what 15 years at least. However non of those continued the rosy picture and arrogance that MOS has displayed even with a losing record. Many of those poor coaches were not given as much rope as he has been given and for what???? That might be a good question. I stuck it out through thick and thin in the hopes that things might turn around but unfortunately things are not getting better even though our "talent" has apparently improved according to MOS and Miller. So what is the bottom line. No I have played, coached and watched enthusiastically most sports and I continue to watch most with the hope the result is a win however I believe I know when to call a spade a spade and unfortunately to those who disagree, I guess you haven't reached that level yet. It is fine to disagree with one's opinion and certainly fine to voice your own but it is another to question the character of the opposite opinioned person. Sorry you disagree but sometimes the truth is hard to swallow. I said at the beginning of the year that they would be lucky to be 11-7, same as last year but many of you said they improved so much without considering the other teams improving as well. I'm not a Sask fan but watch out they are a game back of us. Let's see who is right at the end of the season