Wiecek's Article

55 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think it just goes to show that MOS is doing a pretty good job, I mean if whether he wears pants or shorts is the biggest issue people have...

I'm all for the shorts... some of the best coaches in football have sported a similar look.  Maybe people would get off his back a little if he added a fedora?

The-Simpsons-Season-9-Episode-6-31-7fc8.

13 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Was not going to respond to the comments then thought again. Yes there have been terrible coaches over the past what 15 years at least. However non of those continued the rosy picture and arrogance that MOS has displayed even with a losing record. Many of those poor coaches were not given as much rope as he has been given and for what???? That might be a good question. I stuck it out through thick and thin in the hopes that things might turn around but unfortunately things are not getting better even though our "talent" has apparently improved according to MOS and Miller. So what is the bottom line. No I have played, coached and watched enthusiastically most sports and I continue to watch most with the hope the result is a win however I believe I know when to call a spade a spade and unfortunately to those who disagree, I guess you haven't reached that level yet. It is fine to disagree with one's opinion and certainly fine to voice your own but it is another to question the character of the opposite opinioned person. Sorry you disagree but sometimes the truth is hard to swallow. I said at the beginning of the year that they would be lucky to be 11-7, same as last year but many of you said they improved so much without considering the other teams improving as well. I'm not a Sask fan but watch out they are a game back of us. Let's see who is right at the end of the season

That moment when you should probably just log off forever but instead continue to broadcast your ignorance...

Image result for tom cruise laughing collage

17 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Was not going to respond to the comments then thought again. Yes there have been terrible coaches over the past what 15 years at least. However non of those continued the rosy picture and arrogance that MOS has displayed even with a losing record. Many of those poor coaches were not given as much rope as he has been given and for what???? That might be a good question. I stuck it out through thick and thin in the hopes that things might turn around but unfortunately things are not getting better even though our "talent" has apparently improved according to MOS and Miller. So what is the bottom line. No I have played, coached and watched enthusiastically most sports and I continue to watch most with the hope the result is a win however I believe I know when to call a spade a spade and unfortunately to those who disagree, I guess you haven't reached that level yet. It is fine to disagree with one's opinion and certainly fine to voice your own but it is another to question the character of the opposite opinioned person. Sorry you disagree but sometimes the truth is hard to swallow. I said at the beginning of the year that they would be lucky to be 11-7, same as last year but many of you said they improved so much without considering the other teams improving as well. I'm not a Sask fan but watch out they are a game back of us. Let's see who is right at the end of the season

I don't think you're going to convince anyone that your crazy thoughts are correct when in fact there has been clear improvement over the course of Mike O'Sheas tenure here. yes it started out bad and was still bad a year later, but then last year they got to 11-7 and lost a close one in the playoffs, this year they also started off the season with a winning record yet here you are acting like they're a terrible terrible football team, and why? Because they lost a close game to BC? Because they lost to Calgary? I mean come on, you really need to pull your head out of your ass because it's so far up there you can't even see what's right in front of you. 

35 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Was not going to respond to the comments then thought again. Yes there have been terrible coaches over the past what 15 years at least. However non of those continued the rosy picture and arrogance that MOS has displayed even with a losing record.

He was 11-7 last year and 3-2 so far this year.  Overall yes a losing record in his time here but so far a year and a half of winning records so maybe time to re-think that statement.

Many of those poor coaches were not given as much rope as he has been given and for what???? That might be a good question.

No, it's not a good question.  He was given rope because management thought things were headed in the right direction.  They were correct.  The team has been winning for a year now.

No I have played, coached and watched enthusiastically most sports and I continue to watch most with the hope the result is a win however I believe I know when to call a spade a spade and unfortunately to those who disagree, I guess you haven't reached that level yet. It is fine to disagree with one's opinion and certainly fine to voice your own but it is another to question the character of the opposite opinioned person. Sorry you disagree but sometimes the truth is hard to swallow.

What truth???  Nothing you are saying resembles the truth.

I said at the beginning of the year that they would be lucky to be 11-7, same as last year but many of you said they improved so much without considering the other teams improving as well.

11-7 is a pretty good record!  I gotta say, if we finish 11-7 again I'll be pretty happy.  Hopefully with a playoff win this time.

I'm not a Sask fan but watch out they are a game back of us.

That's exactly what a Sask fan would say!!

39 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Bombers are 14-9 in their last 23 games.   If we keep winning 61% of our games, how in gawd's green earth can you argue with that?  

The past few years have included a good number of the most exciting games that I can remember.  Win or lose, if the game is exciting and I'm entertained, then I feel like I'm getting value for my money.  With the exception of the Calgary game this year, I have had the pleasure of watching some pretty exciting and entertaining games, and even that one stinker had it's moments.

Overall, MOS has done a great job of fielding a team that puts on an entertaining show.

56 minutes ago, Sard said:

The past few years have included a good number of the most exciting games that I can remember.  Win or lose, if the game is exciting and I'm entertained, then I feel like I'm getting value for my money.  With the exception of the Calgary game this year, I have had the pleasure of watching some pretty exciting and entertaining games, and even that one stinker had it's moments.

Overall, MOS has done a great job of fielding a team that puts on an entertaining show.

God forbid we ever have to subject our eyes to Boltus-level QB play again.

3 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

butt-dig.jpg

1 hour ago, Sard said:

Not just entertaining but a team that never gives up. I mean god it was hard to watch the Burke led Bombers cause they would just roll over and die, at least this group even if they have a rough patch never stop fighting. That goes a long way in my books. 

3 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Two things come to mind as I read this.  The first is this:  you're spouting opinion, not "truth".  Learn the difference.  The second is:

297.png

Edited by WBBFanWest

6 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I read this last night and was confused as to why you would even write drivel like this on a Bomber forum.

If you can agree with a poor writer, with an agenda, then that must mean you have an agenda also. 

I don't take being a Bomber fan lightly, as apparently you do, so this is extra motivation for me to pull even harder for MIKE O'SHEA to do well, smirk and all, so that you will be on the outside looking in when we hoist the cup.

You and Paul Wiecek.

Why would he be on the outside? I think he'd be as thrilled as anyone and I'd certainly party with an Old Bomber Fan if we won the Cup. You don't have to like the coach to hope the team does well y'know.

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

I wouldn't do that so I'm not sure how to answer.  If my boss convinces me that a certain direction is correct, then it's still my decision to go through with it.  If he hasn't convinced me it's correct, I wouldn't do it.

Define "convinced me". Would you be convinced if he said something like "I think you're wrong and that it'd be in the best interests of yourself and the football club to do it my way"?

Let me put it another way, if a player told O'Shea that he thought his way was right and he wasn't convinced that what O'Shea was telling him to do was the right way so he wasn't going to do it, how long do you think that player would be playing for coach?

Whatever happened to respect for authority?

4 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I wouldn't be overly surprised by anything. We could be hoisting the Cup or bringing up the rear of the pack. It's football and especially, CFL football.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Not just entertaining but a team that never gives up. I mean god it was hard to watch the Burke led Bombers cause they would just roll over and die, at least this group even if they have a rough patch never stop fighting. That goes a long way in my books. 

They dont give up in the 4th. But a team that rides the momentum and disappears for half the game isnt exactly quit free. Still making it interesting at worst in the clutch is far better then what we were subjected to prior to the mos era. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Do I think O'Shea should wear pants on the sidelines? Sure as a head coach he should be held to a higher standard. However, that's just my opinion. Having said by not wearing pants should he be ripped in the media by Wiecek or fans that don't like it?? Nope. If that's his decision & the Blue Bomber organization (Miller) are fine with it then what's the problem? I doubt we're going back to the days of Eagle Keys & George Halas wearing suits on the sidelines so things are more casual. Employees don't even wear suits, ties or jackets to work these days. Times. Have. Changed. 

As long as we win O'Shea can show up in diapers and have a big man-baby bonnet on his head on the sidelines for all I care.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Why would he be on the outside? I think he'd be as thrilled as anyone and I'd certainly party with an Old Bomber Fan if we won the Cup. You don't have to like the coach to hope the team does well y'know.

Why would he be on the outside? Well, when you publicly rebuke the HC and publicly flaunt your fan support of the team, you can certainly fake being in with those who have backed the Bombers, but really, is it the same?

I know you're in his corner in regards to MOS, but to align himself with Wiecek is an insult to sports fans and sports writers everywhere.

AND, as already mentioned, the Bombers have had WAY crazier HCoaches and teams, all in the recent past, and he sat through those. Only to give up now..in support of Wiecek?  

It defies logic..

Edited by Mr Dee

55 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Why would he be on the outside? Well, when you publicly rebuke the HC and publicly flaunt your fan support of the team, you can certainly fake being in with those who have backed the Bombers, but really, is it the same?

I know you're in his corner in regards to MOS, but to align himself with Wiecek is an insult to sports fans and sports writers everywhere.

AND, as already mentioned, the Bombers have had WAY crazier HCoaches and teams, all in the recent past, and he sat through those. Only to give up now..in support of Wiecek?  

It defies logic..

Coming here saying what he did wasn't the smartest thing. Old Bomber Fan said he's given up on the team because of O'Shea. He should be applauded for spilling his guts? No. Others here haven't given up nor would they. I'm probably his age & vintage & I sure haven't. 

That Burke-led team in 2013 was the only time I've ever seriously questioned my desire to continue being a season ticket holder.  Driving the several hours and ducking out of work early (losing $$$ each time I did) to watch that team play was excruciating.  O'Shea isn't perfect but his team fights hard every game and they win more than they lose (these days).  Good enough to keep my interest up and hold onto my season tickets.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

It defies logic..

He says he is a Bomber fan. He says he agrees with another that MOS is an arrogant so-and-so. Just because his opinion differs from another's doesn't put him on the outside. Where do the rules say you have to be "in" with those who have "backed" the Bombers? That's elitist BS. Sounds to me like he has backed the Bombers for a long time and still does. Certainly a lot longer than MOS has and perhaps longer than many of us. His issue is with the coach. Mike O'Shea is not The Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Does that defy logic?

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

He says he is a Bomber fan. He says he agrees with another that MOS is an arrogant so-and-so. Just because his opinion differs from another's doesn't put him on the outside. Where do the rules say you have to be "in" with those who have "backed" the Bombers? That's elitist BS. Sounds to me like he has backed the Bombers for a long time and still does. Certainly a lot longer than MOS has and perhaps longer than many of us. His issue is with the coach. Mike O'Shea is not The Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Does that defy logic?

Oh for f...'s sake. I don't give a ship if he thinks he's a Bomber fan. He's relinquished his membership as far as I'm concerned. You don't agree..fine, stand by your fan.

Elitist? I consider the Bombers and their fans as working class, but they're not the ones who have dumped on the team and their Coach, are they?  Can you tell me who is the one who has? 

And tell me why not any of the other putrid Coaches we've had over the years? 

No, you and him have a grudge against O'Shea, as is your prerogative, fine, but let's not get that mixed up with BS he's spewing.