Free Agency Day - Bombers Moves

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I am actually looking forward to them only dressing 6 OL on the active roster this season (hopefully). Dressing 7 guys last season was another waste of a roster spot that hindered them elsewhere. 

as mentioned...total inefficient roster....and games dressing Schmeckle...That one Oline guy..That Sask scrap heaped from us....when we could have dressed Murphy and Kelly all yr for work on teams, and just develop....games where guys didnt even need to have their damn cleats on as they didnt even get a token snap just for the sake of getting a rep.....shameful really for this coach who is supposed to be the elite of the elite...hope fully this narrative is finally put to bed an we never have to complain about it again...fingers crossed

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I am actually looking forward to them only dressing 6 OL on the active roster this season (hopefully). Dressing 7 guys last season was another waste of a roster spot that hindered them elsewhere. 

same...if they wanna bring in extra beef they have that Thomas guy who we double numbered all yr long as the 8th olineman...maybe thats why he was brought back hahaah

1 minute ago, Booch said:

as mentioned...total inefficient roster....and games dressing Schmeckle...That one Oline guy..That Sask scrap heaped from us....when we could have dressed Murphy and Kelly all yr for work on teams, and just develop....games where guys didnt even need to have their damn cleats on as they didnt even get a token snap just for the sake of getting a rep.....shameful really for this coach who is supposed to be the elite of the elite...hope fully this narrative is finally put to bed an we never have to complain about it again...fingers crossed

I think that'll be wishful thinking. 

Hopefully training camp will be less country club this year, I went once and seemed like nobody was doing much. Vets pretty much doing the Paul Friesen and doing their own stuff. That’s what it appeared for 10 minutes I was there. I think Osh and crew gonna be forced to start some rookies tho so. Hopefully the scouts and Kyle do a good job. 

but I thought our depth wasn’t great. I feel your depth is shown on special teams and we struggled on coverage and lots last year on specials so change inevitable there. Shouldn’t be hard to improve in some areas next year on teams especially. Nowhere to go but up there. Thought our D was elite at times. Our O was for sure. Special teams outside of Sergio? not so much. 

Edited by Goalie

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Hopefully training camp will be less country club this year, I went once and seemed like nobody was doing much. Vets pretty much doing the Paul Friesen and doing their own stuff. That’s what it appeared for 10 minutes I was there. I think Osh and crew gonna be forced to start some rookies tho so. Hopefully the scouts and Kyle do a good job. 

but I thought our depth wasn’t great. I feel your depth is shown on special teams and we struggled on coverage and lots last year on specials so change inevitable there. Shouldn’t be hard to improve in some areas next year on teams especially. Nowhere to go but up there. Thought our D was elite at times. Our O was for sure. Special teams outside of Sergio? not so much. 

They did make a coaching change on special teams. Hopefully there will be an impact from that. The lack of depth last year stems largely from probably the weakest recruitment class we've had under this regime. I'm hopeful things will be back to normal in that regard this year with half as many jobs available in the USFL/XFL. 

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If we can have one guy doing all 3 kicking jobs, dress 6 ol, not wasting a di on the marine, and proper use of the fake ni we could gain a TON of active roster depth. 
 No more hallet as the only back up db, or no back up WRs other than grant etc.  we could carry an imp sts guy who is actually good on kick cover even 

Just now, wbbfan said:

If we can have one guy doing all 3 kicking jobs, dress 6 ol, not wasting a di on the marine, and proper use of the fake ni we could gain a TON of active roster depth. 
 No more hallet as the only back up db, or no back up WRs other than grant etc.  we could carry an imp sts guy who is actually good on kick cover even 

yup...100 percent...and really Castillo can do all 3...and is a above average punter....Use that Global spot as a ST guy...like Karamoko.....we don't need that Aussie punter ...unless he is exceptional and a real diff maker...no point

12 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

As far as I can see, Lofton's being brought into battle with everyone else for the RT spot.  Nothing more than that.  I'm hoping they bring in someone better, but that's what training camp is for, right?

yup...a competitor with experience in the CFL and our system for the spot, and a PR spot for injury reserve....not anointed the starter by any means

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...100 percent...and really Castillo can do all 3...and is a above average punter....Use that Global spot as a ST guy...like Karamoko.....we don't need that Aussie punter ...unless he is exceptional and a real diff maker...no point

Castillo is for sure a good punter. It’s only worth carrying an extra guy if he is an extemely good punter and kick off guy. And even then, kick off depth could be trivialized this year.  
 Love to see more Karamoko. Hope we draft more actual players this year too. 

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Lofton is terrible.

Omf I knew we were gonna sign that dumpster fire. Damn it. That guys the worst imp T I’ve seen up here in years. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

An experienced body to compete in camp isn't the worst.

Should we bring mourtada back? Bad experience isn’t an asset imo 

have to agree...he couldnt unseat Hardrick and Bryant here...who in the league could have...then he went to MTL and wasnt half bad....then 2 crap olines in Ott and Sask

I tend to trust our judgement on oline guys based on what we have seen the last 6..7 yrs...He will be on a line with all quality guys, quality coaching and winning environment....maybe this is his finally getting it moment...and I sure he comes in cheap to boot

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why would people be even remotely bothered by this? Scheme fit, we have no clue if he will perform better then he did in Sask. Hardrick stunk there too.

Lofton stunk here too though. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It’s not like they’re paying him starter money. It’s a TC body at worst. 

The concern is that he becomes the next Jackson. 

If the jags cut ayo oyelola I wouldn’t mind if we brought him back for global depth.