2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

I’ve always liked Dimitroff and love that he pumps up the cfl… but I just don’t ever see this happening… O’Shea has zero experience in American football and has never been a DC at any level, never mind the highest level of football there is… I think it’s great that a CFL hall of fame player and future HoF coach is being talked about among nfl circles… but I think he’s here (cfl) for life. 

O'Shea & Dan Campbell are very much alike. Both are very much player coaches. Campbell  motivates thru his plain talk to his players & personality. I've never been in the Bomber locker room or heard O'Shea give a pre or post game speech. I'm sure Mike can get fired up when he wants to. We know Campbell does all the time.

Both are great leaders whose players would follow them though anything. The biggest difference is Campbell's aggressiveness on short yardage & goal line. He'll go for it. While O'Shea has the more traditional approach of "Let's take the points". Campbell was given the chance to develop a FIFO culture in Detroit like O'Shea was here. He'd never get the time to do that in the NFL. He'd be fired.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Well right now we have Wilson and Biggie unde contract...Reupped Kramdi...so is that the plan? Truthfully would like to see 2 of that trio as rotation/backups at most...that be a weak trio ...one of weakest in league

The weakest. Which sucks. As well as our DL now has a big hole to fill with JJ gone. And of course our interior DL is always weak which we never fix. 

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

love me some big Stan but I think the very first piece of the turnaround was the 2013 Alex Hall for Neufeld trade.

Hall put up seven sacks for the Roughriders in nineteen games.  In return, we got a Canadian OL starter for a decade.

I think that was Walters' first trade.  Nice debut.

True, but he wasn't a star player. At the time WPG wasn't a hot landing spot for anyone and Stanley came here by choice, off of a MOOL award in CGY. The neuf trade was solid, but wasn't nearly as impactful right out of the gate as the Stanley signing.

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Houston replacement already here in either Holm or Parker .as well as some interesting guys coming to camp

Kid from Hawaii prob get tons of reps and chance to pin down that RT position...and I can see if we re-up Gray he will be slotted there as well to compete...haven't looked at our signed guys for camp on online...know we brought Ivy back...tho don't recall what he looked like to be honest...but we carried him half the yr so musta been something we saw

I remember Ivy from the pre-seaon games, he looked both slow and clumsy, but perhaps he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing.

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Is it really a great trade if it never happened?  Walby was on the d-line with Montreal but they released him as a paperwork type of move and we swooped in & signed him. 

Right. Montreal were putting Walby on and off the PR without telling him. The first couple times, he cleared waivers and they re-added him to the AR. 
Someone from the Bombers caught wind of it and swooped in to sign him. 

Another thing to consider, although he's not new to the team, the new defensive coordinator will have a different idea I would imagine about the type of talent he is looking for to suit his scheme. It'll be kind of interesting to see how camp breaks down in that regard as its been pretty predictable as far as the roster  the last few seasons IMO ...

5 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Another thing to consider, although he's not new to the team, the new defensive coordinator will have a different idea I would imagine about the type of talent he is looking for to suit his scheme. It'll be kind of interesting to see how camp breaks down in that regard as its been pretty predictable as far as the roster  the last few seasons IMO ...

I doubt we see a whole lot of deviation from Hall's defensive scheme.

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I doubt we see a whole lot of deviation from Hall's defensive scheme.

We 100% will.  Younger if from the Toronto tree which is a lot more Cover 3, 2 high looks.  Less match coverage, doubt we'll see any Cover 0, which is basically what Hall ran the enter 4th Q in the last Grey Cup.

Halfbacks and SAM will be a lot more of a playmaker role than a cover role I'd bet.  Safety will be more defined role, less roving.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I love hall and every thing he has done for this organization, and I think he was great at making adjustments.... but if his patented prevent defense goes away and never comes back I won't  cry at all.

Yeah....it was time we made a change....Younger is that (not just age)....Ritchie's bend but don't break philosophy unfortunately broke in the Cup...that was enough for me

3 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

As it looks right now our front 7 on D is rather uninspiring 

It’s front 6, but we have 

kyrie biggie with cole as a back up and Clement’s behind that. Some good teams rotational Canadians. Need a couple more rookie imps for camp but lber is in fine shape. 

At de we have wj and Habba as starters with Hansen backing up. Hoping for kongbo and again rookies. 

At DT we have fox and Lawson which I’d be fine with as our starters. We have some camp prospects already, plus korny back. More rookie bodies another Canadian from the draft would be nice. Personally I’d love to grab a guy like oakman as well, he’s still a fa with a dropping price I’m sure. 

the front is pretty much where you’d think it would be. Jj retiring was a surprise but thought he’d walk in fa any way. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

It’s front 6, but we have 

kyrie biggie with cole as a back up and Clement’s behind that. Some good teams rotational Canadians. Need a couple more rookie imps for camp but lber is in fine shape. 

At de we have wj and Habba as starters with Hansen backing up. Hoping for kongbo and again rookies. 

At DT we have fox and Lawson which I’d be fine with as our starters. We have some camp prospects already, plus korny back. More rookie bodies another Canadian from the draft would be nice. Personally I’d love to grab a guy like oakman as well, he’s still a fa with a dropping price I’m sure. 

the front is pretty much where you’d think it would be. Jj retiring was a surprise but thought he’d walk in fa any way. 

Plus Damian Jack of all trades Master of none Jackson. 

28 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah....it was time we made a change....Younger is that (not just age)....Ritchie's bend but don't break philosophy unfortunately broke in the Cup...that was enough for me

As jbr said cover 0 we played in the 4th, that cost us more than bend but don’t break. Really every one plays that style now. Though not all as soft as we have. If we showed cover 0 and dropped all but 3/4/5 as equally as we ran 0 in the 4th we win the game. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Plus Damian Jack of all trades Master of none Jackson. 

Master of none commander of a roster spot. I don’t even count him as a dl. Bailey would be more effective at de. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We 100% will.  Younger if from the Toronto tree which is a lot more Cover 3, 2 high looks.  Less match coverage, doubt we'll see any Cover 0, which is basically what Hall ran the enter 4th Q in the last Grey Cup.

Halfbacks and SAM will be a lot more of a playmaker role than a cover role I'd bet.  Safety will be more defined role, less roving.

I am a bit suspicious of the Younger move to be honest. I think Hall will have a lot of influence still.

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I hated how he coordinated the Grey Cup but his D game plan and play calling in the West final was an absolute master class.

Has Thiadric Hansen re-signed? He was a pending FA, and as much as I love cheering for the guy... he wasn't the same when he returned. Maybe another off-season of recovery does him good and he returns to form, would love to have him back and healthy. Best Global in the brief history of the program, hands down.

6 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Has Thiadric Hansen re-signed? He was a pending FA, and as much as I love cheering for the guy... he wasn't the same when he returned. Maybe another off-season of recovery does him good and he returns to form, would love to have him back and healthy. Best Global in the brief history of the program, hands down.

No don’t believe he has. I’m curious if the bombers have decided to move on from the remaining free agents. 

5 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

As it looks right now our front 7 on D is rather uninspiring 

See the argos roster? It’s basically Kelly and Coxie