2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not be sad to see Houston go...or sign for bigger bucks up here elsewhere...take him right out of the equation and no worries that Osh will roster him over someone else more deserving..hopefully that happens in a few other positions too..take the choice right out of his hands

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Would not be sad to see Houston go...or sign for bigger bucks up here elsewhere...take him right out of the equation and no worries that Osh will roster him over someone else more deserving..hopefully that happens in a few other positions too..take the choice right out of his hands

AND hope that Walters has more say in roster decisions....I luv Osh as a coach here but some of his calls are a bit mystifying.....He seems to need some input, as far as special teams are concerned also

This may be the best place for this discussion as we've all talked about the hard head of Mikr O'Shea in the past with some of the decision making he's made especially after losing the Grey Cup again.

I watched the Cowboys - Lions game last night. Detroit Lions HC Dan Campbell went for the two point convert to win the game three times rather than kick the convert to tie & go into overtime. Anyone see a lot of Mike O'Shea in Dan Campbell? Just the stubborness of the guy. To go for it 3 straight times & fail. That is exactly something our Head Coach would do. And then bristle & sneer when questioned or criticized after we lost. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This may be the best place for this discussion as we've all talked about the hard head of Mikr O'Shea in the past with some of the decision making he's made especially after losing the Grey Cup again.

I watched the Cowboys - Lions game last night. Detroit Lions HC Dan Campbell went for the two point convert to win the game three times rather than kick the convert to tie & go into overtime. Anyone see a lot of Mike O'Shea in Dan Campbell? Just the stubborness of the guy. To go for it 3 straight times & fail. That is exactly something our Head Coach would do. And then bristle & sneer when questioned or criticized after we lost. 

Oshea is nothing like Dan Campbell. I don't see any similarities, until he starts talking about biting other teams knees.

O'Shea doesn't have this killer instinct to capitalize and kick an opponent while they're down it seems. Trying to imagine O'Shea gambling away a game on a 2-point convert, even with all the momentum on his side... I say he kicks a convert 99 times out of 100

As for the actual play itself, it really sounds to me like the refs screwed up:

- #68 Decker, normally a LT, lined up as a TE and caught the 2 point convert, but was declared ineligible. At the same time, #70 Skipper, normally the 6th OL and normally the guy to declare as eligible, simply ran onto the field and played at LT (and is therefore automatically ineligible)

- Video shows #68 Decker approach Ref Allen and declare while #70 Skipper runs directly onto the field well away from any refs (meaning to say #70 Skipper does not appear to declare as eligible at any time) - this is where the fuckup occurs...

- Ref Allen announces on the mic so both teams press boxes clearly hear that #70 Skipper has declared as eligible - no mention of #68 at all, despite video very clearly indicating #70 DID NOT declare, and even more than likely #68 DID declare (we can't hear the audio but what else could he possibly be doing, nevermind #70 said nothing to the ref at all and just ran on by)

- Afterwards, Ref Allen insists that #70 declared as eligible and then went and played in an inelligible position as LT anyways, and that he never once heard from #68 (again, video shows otherwise). Ref screwed up and there is video of it, but the NFL and their ref's are beyond reproach these past few years it seems. Coach Campbell has every right to be pissed imo.

On 2023-12-31 at 10:35 AM, BomberBall said:

I see similarities between MOS and Campbell, like being tough and stubborn, but there’s no way O’Shea would ever go for 2 in that situation.  No chance.  He’s way too conservative.  He kicks the convert every time there.

My post was referring to O'Shea's stubborness. Not the situation. Like Campbell, once he makes his mind up about something then he won't change his mind.