Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You walk to your office downtown? You some kind of caped super hero impervious to robbings & muggings? ;)

Yeah back in those days my office was just off Colony Street (by the Bay) and I had to park several blocks away. One of the best memories I have is standing by the Bay on the one side and watching the Bomber Grey Cup Team parade back in 1984. Very cold that day but I hung in for the whole parade. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm at 623 deaths, so far. 

You need some more trips round the block.....

Weather?  Real cold, not so cold.....whatever.

Simply smash the Lions so hard.....that the leaders of the pride, won't even recognize them.

Edited by do or die

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

In Surrey, the Lions were without defensive back Jalon Edwards-Cooper (shoulder), linebackers Jack Hinsperger (head/shoulder) and Ben Hladik (knee) and running back Kienan Lafrance (triceps).

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/07/bombers-lions-injury-reports-schoen-hladik-sit-out-tues/

The Edwards-Cooper injury happened when Sheed trucked him. A beautiful thing. 

I don't know guys... I'm nervous for Saturday.  Bailey, Demski and Schoen not practicing...

And while I agree that getting pressure on VA is critical to Bombers success, he completely shredded that Stamps secondary with time.  

I'm really hoping for a fourth straight Cup appearance, but the Leo's are formidable this year.

41 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I don't know guys... I'm nervous for Saturday.  Bailey, Demski and Schoen not practicing...

And while I agree that getting pressure on VA is critical to Bombers success, he completely shredded that Stamps secondary with time.  

I'm really hoping for a fourth straight Cup appearance, but the Leo's are formidable this year.

More than last year with Rourke?

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

More than last year with Rourke?

Yes.  Last year's team was insane and very few cracks.  The only reason the west final was close last year was because of the points we gifted them.   This year this team just isn't as dominant and the mistakes have costed us big.  VA also beat us clean this year.

This is what 30 years of cup drought does to me.  2001, 2007, 2011.   

I will be there cheering the Blue loudly and hope VA is flat on back all game.

31 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Yes.  Last year's team was insane and very few cracks.  The only reason the west final was close last year was because of the points we gifted them.   This year this team just isn't as dominant and the mistakes have costed us big.  VA also beat us clean this year.

This is what 30 years of cup drought does to me.  2001, 2007, 2011.   

I will be there cheering the Blue loudly and hope VA is flat on back all game.

15 wins vs. 14 wins... the "troubles" this year's team has had are seriously overblown. 

13 hours ago, BBRT said:

Yeah back in those days my office was just off Colony Street (by the Bay) and I had to park several blocks away. One of the best memories I have is standing by the Bay on the one side and watching the Bomber Grey Cup Team parade back in 1984. Very cold that day but I hung in for the whole parade. 

Good for you. Great memory. 

12 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

He shredded them when they left him a 3 man front to shred.