Friday Night Football - Bombers at Leos: GDT

Noeller

lots of good comments on this one. I was only able to watch the first quarter and then had to tape the rest which I will watch today sometime. When I had to turn off the game (damn Bridge Night and my wife was threating me with her Darth Vader Death Look) the Bombers did not look all that good. Glad to now learn about the win in OT and will watch the game tonight.

11 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Lyin' guy crying that the refs gifted us the game over on Riderfans. What a glorious day.

I love it when I hear a fan blame a loss on the refs. It's a last resort kind of whine and generally only happens when a team has no other excuses for losing and a fan has no one else to blame.

It's a form of denial. Lyin Guy can't mentally cope with the reality that his team can't beat us over the course of a 60 minute game so he went to the default blame it on the refs. He knows his team brought its A game and the Bombers made ample mistakes and his team still lost. As with most fanatics, instead of dealing with the reality of what that means it is far easier to put on the tin foil hat and I LOVE IT. Exactly what I want to hear from opposition fans because it is an admission that their team had no other excuses.

It gave me great satisfaction to read the Riderfan conspiracy thread. Just shows how far out ahead of these two teams we truly are.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ummm, i was talking about our run game....

Ooh.. thought you were asking why BC doesn't run more. My bad. BO did have 20 touches last night.

19 minutes ago, BBRT said:

lots of good comments on this one. I was only able to watch the first quarter and then had to tape the rest which I will watch today sometime. When I had to turn off the game (damn Bridge Night and my wife was threating me with her Darth Vader Death Look) the Bombers did not look all that good. Glad to now learn about the win in OT and will watch the game tonight.

1st Q was poor for sure. Full credit to the Lions tho, they executed well to start the game.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Ooh.. thought you were asking why BC doesn't run more. My bad. BO did have 20 touches last night.

1st Q was poor for sure. Full credit to the Lions tho, they executed well to start the game.

Only 12 carries. Not nearly enough. Especially in the redzone.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Only 12 carries. Not nearly enough. Especially in the redzone.

They were loading the box so we dumped it to him in the flats. Way smarter approach and effective apparently. Counts as passing plays but really just a glorified running play. Really a totally underutilized part of BOs game and the time of year to pull it out.

Edited by GCn20

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

They were loading the box so we dumped it to him in the flats. Way smarter approach and effective apparently. Counts as passing plays but really just a glorified running play. Really a totally underutilized part of BOs game and the time of year to pull it out.

Yes those passing plays worked out well. But the lack of redzone carries for Brady, along with the way over used play action, would haver taken significant pressure off of Callaros and likely would have prevented the redzone turnovers that made this game closer than it needed to be.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Brady did get involved in the passing game, though.   Targeted 8 times....with 8 catches for 88 yds.  Using him a lot more on the RPO and short roll out stuff.....

Yea...they were putting 6 guys on the LOS in a lot of the running situations so we tossed it to him instead.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I said to the buddies in our group chat, around half time, "we're gonna pull this out...just watch...." and while it was scarier than it needed to be (the 3rd down stop, the last second pass completion and Parker's tackle) we did manage to get it done. Hat tip to Richie Hall for the 3 man pressure, dropping more into coverage.... changed the game.

You also said "well that's game over" after the 2nd fumble by collaros.

4 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

All receivers/teams do this. BC receivers looked offside a bunch of times too. Its never called unless its super blatant.

You're right, I agree. But to me, there was some blatant blatant offside calls missed today.

Another poster said the d was lining up off side too, I didn't notice that so I can't speak to it. But I did notice the Bombers receivers offside a lot yesterday.

I think 17to85 had it right. It never felt like the game got away from the Bombers. They just kept shooting themselves in the foot. They could move the ball at will and then, we'll, litterly fumbled it away. 

Credit to Richie hall and the defence for the great adjustments. Also bighill looked like a machine. Hopefully this team will now finally stop letting its foot off the gas and we can see its full potential at the key time of year

And one more thought while it's prevalent..

Does it seem like zc is purposely playing a run and gun offense even when it's not necessary this year? It seems as though we're always looking for the deep shot when a first down would suffice..

Is it because of all the weapons we have on offence? Maybe someone with more direct football knowledge could comment on this

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

@Booch I thought I respectfully disagreed with one part of your post and even liked it and agreed with the rest, but you can't handle anyone having an opinion that goes against your 'expertise'. Then not for the first time this season said that I'm not watching (before, you told me I was too busy pissing and snacking). This "don't you know who I am" act is also tiresome and played out. Don't high road me when you've been on this forum personally attacking other posters kids you haven't even met! Don't make me go dig up the post, you know exactly what sort of jerk you're capable of being.

Sorry to the rest of the forum for having to read this BS, I know its exhausting.

Sure....carry on Karen ...could care less who disagrees....don't like my take....don't like it ..doesn't offend me and a rebuttal is a rebuttal...don't know who even has kids here so whatever that means is beyond me...so pretty hard to make a judgement on them...and yeah I said you not watching in the context of what you actually seeing....if that offends you grow a pair....do you even know what to look for .what causes a breakdown..? Can you distinguish basic blocking schemes that some plays are based off...who responsible for what . And where a break down happened...do u know what a 50 block for an interior lineman is and what his role is with it ..and what would cause the break down? If so then maybe you are "watching" but based on your rebuttals and name..character challenging comments you don't...but do confirm you do know how to be a miserable old guy...I guess as that what u said u were....sorry to offend you I guess but man stop being a lil snowflake 

Edited by Booch

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

You missed one of the best endings ever in a CFL game. Will be remembered as a true clash of the titans for first place and home field in the playoffs. Most exciting match this decade by a mile. Boy, was it ever great! ;)

That George Reed holographic tribute at the end of the game was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.