Friday Night Football - Bombers at Leos: GDT

Noeller

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

hopefully BO is primary focus to open things up...and not forgotten about with all or nothing shots over an over

Depends if we get down early or not.... and you know they're gonna stack the box to take him away because our passing attack has been intermittent at best this year. So it's a matter of Can The OL Dictate This Game... if they do, from the outset, then we'll be alright to mix it up with a nice balance.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Depends if we get down early or not.... and you know they're gonna stack the box to take him away because our passing attack has been intermittent at best this year. So it's a matter of Can The OL Dictate This Game... if they do, from the outset, then we'll be alright to mix it up with a nice balance.

you still dont go away from it...especially before mid 3rd quarter if down....and if we that far down early that we have to abandon the run then kiss first place and likely a return to the cup by bye

BC is gonna be more concerned with how bad we gouged them deep and intermediate range last game...that should be their focus, as they know BO and our run game is gonna likely put up at least 100 anyway...They are gonna try and attack ZC and not let him set up for the shots out of the gate...so hopefully Buck has schemed for some early motion and use BO and Demski in the screen game, with Lawler and Schoen taking guys deep on skinny posts and corner routes....to start things off and see if and how BC adjusts, and how they come out

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Let the stack the box.  Bc D is lighter if you ask me. They want to get into a brawl along the line I like our chances.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Let the stack the box.  Bc D is lighter if you ask me. They want to get into a brawl along the line I like our chances.

yeah physically they won't be able to sustain that...even set a tone initially.....our boys come out with a purpose along the line we will own the line of scrimmage

Ya as Booch stated above, I just don't see them out physicaling us along the line. They are a quick smaller D-line that can get after a QB, we should dominate this aspect even if the stack it, the way our O-line/running game is built.

It's keeping VAJ off the field. The more we can grind and wear down the defense and keep the ball out of VAJ's hands the better our chances IMO. 

We have the ability to beat any team in this league, but this will a very tough game and really big test....we lose we are almost guaranteed to be back in a few weeks at BC place with an even larger crowd, and a very well rested Lions team

Go BLUE

even without a constant jumbo package...which we didn't need exclusively last game, we just need to spread out the line....be that with motion and one of Woli and baily coming in and working the edge, with BO riding shotgun to chip...then release and keep the BC ends out wider we shall be fine...their 2 interior guys shouldn't be able to outmuscle us up the gut all game....and if they feel they need to bring extra guys....then we should have guys keyed on that and cut routes off to exploit it...be interesting to see how this game within the game pans out

My hope is we come out with the game plan to cram it down their cramholes until they can adjust or show they can stop it....and thats with heavy BO and sweep and jet motion stuff to keep them guessing who gets the rock...that will open things right up...plus beat the snot out of their dline

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I agree with your comments. BC Defensive Line is a little on the light side. I think we can run against them and should be able to wear them down as the game progresses. I think the key to the game is to keep our offense on the field and the BC offense off the field. However when the BC offense is on the field I think it is time for both Jefferson and Jeffcoat to show up. Both have not been all that impressive the past few games at least IMHO.

41 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Excited to see Grant back, hope we don't miss Houston to much. Fingers crossed for bad VA tonight.

I honestly think Parker for Houston is addition by subtraction. Houston got a lot of stats, but at the expense of being assignment sound, IMO...