FajOuettes @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I really don't understand why Jackson doesn't get DL reps as just a motor guy whether on the edge or tackle.  The amount of snaps Bennett and Thomas are playing out on the edge, even Walker although that's usually with a backer spying behind him weak-side...if Jackson took half of those and played with a motor he'd be useful.

why we even have Jake outside off the edge is baffling...Utter useless out there...I'm sure teams will start exploiting the crap out of that when they see that formation, and have plays called just for that occasion

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I’d like to see @DTonOB or someone else in the media grow some stones and start asking hard questions. Why has nobody asked O’Shea why he feels it’s right to blatant ignore the new roster rules and handcuff our team?

I've heard him ask the same questions. MOS answers the same way he always does. He either scoffs and denies or scoffs and gives a non-answer. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

It's cuz we are winning. If we lost a few games we maybe didn't deserve to win, things are probably different 

Winning = no changes 

well we been barely winning some lately...and won some we prob didnt deserve to as well....so there is that.....u never stand pat, regardless of record or talent

1 hour ago, Mike said:

No Julien-Grant for MTL … DL looks solid, secondary is young and aggressive but man are those LB ugly. 

well 6 of our 10 are somewhat meh too....hahaha...

1 hour ago, Mike said:

No Julien-Grant for MTL … DL looks solid, secondary is young and aggressive but man are those LB ugly. 

Beverette has been very good this year. Their overall defense is very solid. Zach rarely puts up big numbers against them. Not a team to be taken lightly. Likely to be a one score game.

But I mean osh won b2b cups and could have won a 3rd so perhaps benefit of the doubt should be given but I don't like the Paul Maurice approach of killing your vets b4 playoffs. Willie Jeffcoat in particular and I also think Eli deserves to start as every time I see him on the field, he's making some dude his *****. Aggressive mean OL. Dudes a stud 

Roster management hasn't been a oshea strong point tho for a while 

I feel osh would allow the make a wish kid to start 1 game for us tho because  guys like to see him out there ya know (do your best osh impression) 

Roster management (Matt Damon)

Edited by Goalie

38 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Cody is what… 2-9 Vs Winnipeg including playoffs? Yeesh. Not that anyone has a great record Vs Big Blue since 2019.

Yes bombers tend to make Cody look like a scared crybaby. More so than other teams for sure. I think Cody has nightmares about the Bombers.  I'm seriously expecting an injury or something to him. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

It's cuz we are winning. If we lost a few games we maybe didn't deserve to win, things are probably different 

Winning = no changes 

And you have a problem with that strategy? Would you be happier with “good losses”? Only “smartest man in the room “syndrome I see is the know-it-all fans on a message board convinced they know better than the most successful coach we’ve had here in 60 years. And no, us defenders don’t think O’Shea is flawless, but we also don’t think management needs to sit him down and fire his ass because he’s headed for that inevitable failure. Been hearing that all year, hell for 6 years, and no signs of it yet. Jesus, Dunigan was right, fans are way too spoiled here. Can’t be happy unless there is some imaginary problem to ***** and whine about. Maybe you’d all prefer the 1997-99 version of this team? Enjoy the ride people, stop trying to make it the Titanic approaching the iceberg. 

30 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And you have a problem with that strategy? Would you be happier with “good losses”? Only “smartest man in the room “syndrome I see is the know-it-all fans on a message board convinced they know better than the most successful coach we’ve had here in 60 years. And no, us defenders don’t think O’Shea is flawless, but we also don’t think management needs to sit him down and fire his ass because he’s headed for that inevitable failure. Been hearing that all year, hell for 6 years, and no signs of it yet. Jesus, Dunigan was right, fans are way too spoiled here. Can’t be happy unless there is some imaginary problem to ***** and whine about. Maybe you’d all prefer the 1997-99 version of this team? Enjoy the ride people, stop trying to make it the Titanic approaching the iceberg. 

To hold the mirror back up to you, can we not be simultaneously happy with the results of this team for the past few years AND still talk about how we could do better/sustain the success?

I mean, what’s the point of having the forum if we can’t?

There's definitely a half way point between the two opinions. The DL rotation is poor and the usage of players on the game day roster is very obviously not as good as it can be. Anyone paying attention can see that. But I'm happy we're winning and will always give Osh the benefit of the doubt because he's earned it. In the meantime, I pray improper roster use doesn't come back to bite us in a truly important game.