FajOuettes @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If you ever wondered if it was the blocking or the returner, now you know. 

Grant was getting it done despite poor blocking as well...so with him out, and reluctance to make some roster moves to try and help....that and missing guys like Gauthier...Miller...Hansen, well we have seen the results

Just now, Mike said:

Feels like BA will be a late scratch 

Hard to say....not sure what the not practicing is about....be nice for a team to be less vague...especially in a league where sports betting is now taking place

None the less if he is out it's a good bet we will likely roster a complete useless dud of a replacement that will have no bearing whatsoever

We already have 2 wasted DA spots where the players make minimal impact...next to no influence on the game, and could easily have their role taken over by someone who could...so why not add a 3rd??.....and again....total disregard in using the Nationlized American

hey @DTonOB maybe you can ask Osh why he refuses to use this?....would it not make sense to just list one in the case we have an in game injury??

Someone grow Some balls and ask oshea why he's being stupid and handcuffing the roster weekly. Seriously,  if I'm the owner, it's likely time for a Chat with oshea, actually beyond time. I can't imagine Walter's or Miller are happy with us rostering this crap weekly 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Osh just handcuffiing the roster weekly. I don't get the logic 

Yes a backup FB. Sorry might be feel good but it's dumb roster management 

and a back up full back who has 4 yrs of football experience....none at fullback...and none in the Canadian game....there are a number of players that are National that we could use in that spot...even a global...It's not like Jackson is making highlight reel plays and blocks that have people noticing and going wow...what a fullback

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I sadly called it again, minimal to no changes. Ugh.

yup....nobody expected anything ....even just a Parker for Mcrae swap would do wonders for returns...kick coverage, and defensive rotation...especially when we have an extra Canadian on defence whom we could swap out anytime we want with an import....Be curious other than the returns Mcrae does, how many offensive snaps he takes, and if his play on offence is key to the win...Interestingly enough we took the ball on the 40 everytime we could have opted to receive a kick...that tells you right there we have no faith in his returning...so why roster that????

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I’d like to see @DTonOB or someone else in the media grow some stones and start asking hard questions. Why has nobody asked O’Shea why he feels it’s right to blatant ignore the new roster rules and handcuff our team?

thats why I tagged him....and I agree....everyone other than thi site has nose up his hiney...and figure cause he has won that he does no wrong and has no deficiencies....I have said before in a lot of instances we have won despite his odd moves and decisions....Luck eventually runs out...and have seen it a bit this yr....media needs to grow some onions

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I read the piece on Jackson which was well done as all of Tait's pieces are. Thing is, if Jackson was actually taking same 15-20 reps as a defensive end, 10 or so as a blocker and was an impactful ST ace he'd be amazing as a DA. Reality is though that he's not.

exactly same feeling....if you have a DA you want them to be impactful, and yes usefull....the role he is in is a total waste....If he took even 5-8 impactful reps on the dline, and not in garbage time then it would make sense, but as it is now...with 6 dlineman...2 of which when out there are basically just spot fillers....its just stupidity....god forbid WJ or Jeffcoat or Walker go down in a game....heaven forbid if 2 of them do, as we would be right screwed

What would a game look like with one of the Jeff's...and Thomas..Lawson and Bennet playing the whole game???....it would be embarrassing

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

exactly same feeling....if you have a DA you want them to be impactful, and yes usefull....the role he is in is a total waste....If he took even 5-8 impactful reps on the dline, and not in garbage time then it would make sense, but as it is now...with 6 dlineman...2 of which when out there are basically just spot fillers....its just stupidity....god forbid WJ or Jeffcoat or Walker go down in a game....heaven forbid if 2 of them do, as we would be right screwed

What would a game look like with one of the Jeff's...and Thomas..Lawson and Bennet playing the whole game???....it would be embarrassing

Sure but an extra backup DL in that scenario likely makes no difference 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If you had Fox dressed...would make a ton of a difference as he would be taking reps away from Bennet/Thomas....Plus would be a nice combo with Walker when no injuries happen....we are the only team that dresses fewer than 8 true dlineman...

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

They could add Parker then right?  Unless they have another American FB to add of course

may as well add extra Import oline guy...I heard a couple been here a while now and try real hard in practice, and the players like seeing that

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

remember...Osh said they all First teamers....no back-ups here

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The confusing part is our defense was the best when we had a heavy DL rotation... 2019 and 2021... 2022 the D started to taper off when we got thin on DL

and I believe e were one of the first teams to employ that 8 man rotation, and other teams followed suit.....what happened since...is beyond me

I really don't understand why Jackson doesn't get DL reps as just a motor guy whether on the edge or tackle.  The amount of snaps Bennett and Thomas are playing out on the edge, even Walker although that's usually with a backer spying behind him weak-side...if Jackson took half of those and played with a motor he'd be useful.

The other part to consider with our lack of DL depth week to week is Jeffcoat is really vulnerable.  In any game he could have to go out, and then what?  We don't really want to run him into the turf in August, we want him to be a player in November.