Week 7 - E(l)ks @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

3 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

Did you consider that Rose should be available for the next game and does that change your thought?

Not really.  I don't think he's better than Houston, Parker, Nichols, Holm.

If he gets on all 5 of those guys will be on if healthy.

7 minutes ago, Sard said:

Schoen was definitely targeted at least 3 times (2 for completions, one near the end zone and one when he got popped), might have been more targets, but those are 2 that I remember.  I didn't notice him on the field after that big hit that he took on the one catch near the Bomber bench and he went off looking sore.

Schoen didn't really seem to go into protocol but he was running laps up and down the sideline the rest of the game after that hit with his helmet on, briefly went to locker room.

The way he dropped that ball was complete fencing response which indicates concussion.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Schoen didn't really seem to go into protocol but he was running laps up and down the sideline the rest of the game after that hit with his helmet on, briefly went to locker room.

The way he dropped that ball was complete fencing response which indicates concussion.

I didn't notice him take a head shot, I just thought the second guy coming in knocked the wind out of him, so I figured maybe he had sore ribs or something like that.

Reading back through the thread, I wanted to address the complaints on the spot of the ball on the Demski catch just before the mishandled snap on 3rd and short.  Demski caught the ball and ran back towards the line of scrimmage about 2.5 yards before he was tackled.  There were complaints that the ball should have been spotted where he caught the ball, but the refs spotted it correctly because he ran back on his own without being pushed back.  It's the same as a kick returner running back 5 yards to try and get around an edge and getting tackled for a loss.  You only get forward progress if you are pushed back, not if you run back on your own.

6 minutes ago, Sard said:

I didn't notice him take a head shot, I just thought the second guy coming in knocked the wind out of him, so I figured maybe he had sore ribs or something like that.

Reading back through the thread, I wanted to address the complaints on the spot of the ball on the Demski catch just before the mishandled snap on 3rd and short.  Demski caught the ball and ran back towards the line of scrimmage about 2.5 yards before he was tackled.  There were complaints that the ball should have been spotted where he caught the ball, but the refs spotted it correctly because he ran back on his own without being pushed back.  It's the same as a kick returner running back 5 yards to try and get around an edge and getting tackled for a loss.  You only get forward progress if you are pushed back, not if you run back on your own.

yeah should have been spotted on the 51...minimum...we got boned there

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Rose when healthy should be back to his corner spot....with out a question until it is apparent he is worse than the other guys mentioned....and that he is not I highly suspect

Just now, Booch said:

Yeah, noticed that female lineswoman screwed us a couple times with garbage spots. The Prokup fumble was one where the previous catch should have been ruled a first down on the positive yardage gained, but she marked it short. Basically marked it where the receiver was tackled. Brutal.

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Eli looks to have shed 50 lbs. of belly fat from when he was here in 2021, looking a bit frail compared to some.

You could see it was something he was working on in 2021 too.  He was noticeably leaner from when he first got here in 2019.

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rose when healthy should be back to his corner spot....with out a question until it is apparent he is worse than the other guys mentioned....and that he is not I highly suspect

You can't complain on one hand about an old boys club and support taking all-star level players off the field for a guy who hasn't played well in 4 calendar years.

I think it's more the opposite for Rose.  Sure put him on the roster, we have the American spots, but work him in.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think Parker is more suited to DHB than CB. So the real question is Rose better NOW than ADS who might be the player replaced. If the team feels Rose is not better then maybe we can trade him.

Edited by Blue In BC

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You can't complain on one hand about an old boys club and support taking all-star level players off the field for a guy who hasn't played well in 4 calendar years.

I think it's more the opposite for Rose.  Sure put him on the roster, we have the American spots, but work him in.

who hasnt played well in 4 yrs?...Rose was fine in 2021, and in the last games and playoff offs last yr

The old boys club is the insistence of starting guys like Briggs....Kramdi...Kolo....and recently now Thomas when they shouldn't be, and its solely because they have been here for 3 yrs and more...I have no issues with any other vet that we are starting.....and not sure what All-star level guy we are taking off.....if its a halfback it wont be Nichols...and other allstars in the west ahead of any of our guys would be Milligan...Peters...Lee...Moxey...and thats just off top my head

9 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

I think Parker is more suited to DHB than C. So the real question is Rose better NOW than ADS who might be the player replaced. If the team feels Rose is not better then maybe we can trade him.

yeah u definitely would want Parker at HB

13 hours ago, Nolby said:

It was good to get the win but they need to do some serious tinkering of that Oline on this bye week.

By the end of the game last night Neuf and  Hardrick were struggling to get up and certainly seemed to be hurt. I wonder if those two have been dealing with a few "nicks" the past couple of weeks.  

12 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Yup pretty sure Schoen didn't play after getting popped. 

He went to the room with the trainer but came back a few minutes later.  Stayed on the sidelines in full gear but didn't see the field again unless I missed it.

No I was watching the bench from 232 and he still had his helmet but he was obviously done. He didn't appear very pleased with the decision to keep him out

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I thought was an extremely weak call. At the game the flag didn't even come ouut until the LK player came and bumped Cole long after the play was over. I thought it was going to be a misconduct against the LK's lost my shi$t with Proulx announced roughing the passer.

From where I was sitting Corney was pleading/demanding a flag from Proulx and he got his wish...which I thought was a complete crock of manure. Glad when Osh talked to him he didn't tear his head off. Almost thought a challenge might've been appropriate 

41 minutes ago, ddanger said:

From where I was sitting Corney was pleading/demanding a flag from Proulx and he got his wish...which I thought was a complete crock of manure. Glad when Osh talked to him he didn't tear his head off. Almost thought a challenge might've been appropriate 

I don’t argue that Corny wasn’t begging for the flag but it looked like Cole did everything he could to lessen the impact and then an LK comes running in late and pushes Cole. That was when the flag came out, way late for RTP in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Can anyone tell me if shoe was hurt in that game? I think he was only targeted once in the entire game and lawler was what 8? 

Schoen

1 hour ago, Sard said:

Schoen did get knicked up, never entered the sideline tent but did go to the locker room with one of the trainers. No Dr, so I assume not head. I also think ribs, he seemed ready to go back in at any time but by then he wasn’t needed so why risk it.  

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I actually disagree that we got boned on that one... Demski ran back the 2 or 3 yards on his own before contact and I believe the ref actually got the spot right.  My first thought when he caught it was "just fall forward" because he did have the first down, but then gave it up by running backwards a bit.

2 minutes ago, Sard said:

I actually disagree that we got boned on that one... Demski ran back the 2 or 3 yards on his own before contact and I believe the ref actually got the spot right.  My first thought when he caught it was "just fall forward" because he did have the first down, but then gave it up by running backwards a bit.

Demski, without a doubt, took a step back toward the line of scrimmage before getting tackled. The spot might not have been favorable, but he sacrificed his forward progress in an attempt to outmaneuver the defender.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

so you are supportive of easing him in?

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Again, I apologize that you have no idea what you’re watching. But I’m not here to help you out. Be as wrong as you want. 

I'm not sure how me watching several games this year in which Houston is beat and chasing down his man for a huge gain or TD for the opposing team is me having no idea on what I'm watching.     I am not seeing Nichols doing this,  if this is so common place then why are the other guys not having these same kind of plays on a more frequent basis.     

It is your opinion that the guy is a top 2 - 3 player and an all star... it is reality (not an opinion) that he is getting beat one to two times a game which isn't helping our cause.    Just because he may see a few less targets doesn't negate the fact that he is making mistakes and has much more room to improve his overall game so that one day he "may" become an elite player.  

On 2023-07-21 at 7:32 AM, Bigblue204 said:

From where I was the hit from Cole looked to be helmet to helmet. I assumed that's why it was called.

“I’m a little beat up but I’ll be alright,” he said, appearing in good spirits. “That’s football, you’re gonna take some hits like that and so is what it is.” quote from him in a 3down article.

That's the football player Schoen talking. The player whose helmet you have to hide on the bench so he can't go out on the field & hurt himself even more. It's not what he thinks but the medical staff whose opinions really count. I'm glad we're on a bye this coming week.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's the football player Schoen talking. The player whose helmet you have to hide on the bench so he can't go out on the field & hurt himself even more. It's not what he thinks but the medical staff whose opinions really count. I'm glad we're on a bye this coming week.

yes we definitely need it