Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I know, however it becomes problematic if more than one guy goes down, and we lack guys to fill a woli role. The top end depth of our wr core will keep us flush. But we are losing a lot of versatility and fit. 

If two guys go down at any one position in any game... that's always going to be a problem

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But the league NEEDS rider fans

Yeah don't get that angle whatsoever....and they don't travel well...it's just that people escape that god forsaken place as soon as able too....and come out to support their team in city they live in..but TSN makes it sound like they are all on a road trip following that pile of dung around

Yes the sask love and lie fest is insane... if ppl were confused by what fake news is, them mentioning mosaic being jam packed is definitely fake news. 

Then here we get stupid comments like... looking like a 5th straight sellout Matty, Matty says yeah just about meanwhile u see 15000 empty green seats and they say jam packed.  **** Saskatchewan.  The telethon team 

24 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Evidently 12000 in attendance is “Jam Packed”.

5000 is crowded.

10000 is stuffed

15000 is crammed

20000 is overflowing

25000 is packed like sardines

30000 is smells like sardines

Toronto and ssk always get their tires pumped on mediocre attendance. Add both teams paid attendances this year and you still have less than us. 

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Toronto and ssk always get their tires pumped on mediocre attendance. Add both teams paid attendances this year and you still have less than us. 

And when we note things like this, a Argo and/or Rider fan will post on here a lol look we’re triggering you. They think they’re being clever but they’re really not.

20 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

The thing that is absolutely absurd is the single season rushing record is held by Mike Pringle (1998 - 2,065 yards) which is just lunacy. Don't know if that one will ever be broken.

It's stupid how many yards Pringle used to get. It was a big stat when teams could hold him to under 100 yards a game. 

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's stupid how many yards Pringle used to get. It was a big stat when teams could hold him to under 100 yards a game. 

And a good chunk of those yards came in the 4th quarter with the Alouettes ahead and trying the run the clock down. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and he still couldn’t be stopped. He was an absolute beast.

Re: attendance w/ 1 final week to go, ranked by average attendance/game:

#1 WPG averaging 30,448 fans / game, 92.2% occupancy, 4 sellouts, low of 25,662

#2 SSK averaging 27,648 fans / game, 82.9% occupancy, 1 sellout, low of 24,158

#3 EDM averaging 24,774 fans / game, 44.5% occupancy**, 0 sellouts, low of 19,921

#4 BC averaging 23,208 fans / game, 42.6% occupancy**, 0 sellouts, low of 20,106

#5 HAM averaging 22,877 fans / game, 94.14% occupancy rate*, 3 sellouts, low of 20,912

#6 CGY averaging 22,074 fans / game, 61.9% occupancy, 0 sellouts, low of 17,942

#7 OTT averaging 18,921 fans / game, 76.74% occupancy rate, 0 sellouts, low of 18,004

#8 MTL averaging 17,828 fans / game, 89.03% occupancy rate, 2 sellouts, low of 15,088

#9 TOR averaging 14,310 fans / game, 56.74% occupancy rate, 1 sellout, low of 11,555

*HAM only has capacity of 24,300 to begin with, hence the highest occupancy rate league-wide

**EDM has a capacity of 55,614, BC has a capacity of 54,500, hence the very low occupancy rates even on good days

Frankly, I give props to the SSK and EDM fans for showing up at all considering how terribly their seasons went. It's a complete disgrace that 2 teams out of the playoffs ended up #2 and #3 in overall attendance while the top team in the league is dead last by a large margin. If SSK is a telethon team then what does that make the rest of the entire friggin' league? OTT worries me the most out of anyone... a nice new-ish stadium with dwindling attendance season over season and a **** team with no direction or glimmer of hope for the future... maybe we should do another expansion draft to make them competitive for a season or two again (not serious, obviously)

59 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Re: attendance w/ 1 final week to go, ranked by average attendance/game:

#1 WPG averaging 30,448 fans / game, 92.2% occupancy, 4 sellouts, low of 25,662

#2 SSK averaging 27,648 fans / game, 82.9% occupancy, 1 sellout, low of 24,158

#3 EDM averaging 24,774 fans / game, 44.5% occupancy**, 0 sellouts, low of 19,921

#4 BC averaging 23,208 fans / game, 42.6% occupancy**, 0 sellouts, low of 20,106

#5 HAM averaging 22,877 fans / game, 94.14% occupancy rate*, 3 sellouts, low of 20,912

#6 CGY averaging 22,074 fans / game, 61.9% occupancy, 0 sellouts, low of 17,942

#7 OTT averaging 18,921 fans / game, 76.74% occupancy rate, 0 sellouts, low of 18,004

#8 MTL averaging 17,828 fans / game, 89.03% occupancy rate, 2 sellouts, low of 15,088

#9 TOR averaging 14,310 fans / game, 56.74% occupancy rate, 1 sellout, low of 11,555

*HAM only has capacity of 24,300 to begin with, hence the highest occupancy rate league-wide

**EDM has a capacity of 55,614, BC has a capacity of 54,500, hence the very low occupancy rates even on good days

Frankly, I give props to the SSK and EDM fans for showing up at all considering how terribly their seasons went. It's a complete disgrace that 2 teams out of the playoffs ended up #2 and #3 in overall attendance while the top team in the league is dead last by a large margin. If SSK is a telethon team then what does that make the rest of the entire friggin' league? OTT worries me the most out of anyone... a nice new-ish stadium with dwindling attendance season over season and a **** team with no direction or glimmer of hope for the future... maybe we should do another expansion draft to make them competitive for a season or two again (not serious, obviously)

I think with Sask a lot of that is tickets sold via season ticket holders....but now way in hell that many went when from even before mid point of the season the upper decks there were 1/3 full...at best....and even worse the last several games....tickets were sold def...but many fans said eff this and just ate that cost

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I think with Sask a lot of that is tickets sold via season ticket holders....but now way in hell that many went when from even before mid point of the season the upper decks there were 1/3 full...at best....and even worse the last several games....tickets were sold def...but many fans said eff this and just ate that cost

Agreed, and I have similar thoughts looking at HAM's #'s as well... a lot of expectation led to that bandwagon being at 94%. We have expectation here too, of course, but the Bombers are actually backing it up

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

Toronto with a season low of 11,555?  Definitely not butts in seats.  A couple games it looked like maybe 2000 people there.

Agreed here too. I know IGF looks deceptively bare to the field camera at times, but I can confidently say most of those people are in the concourse or at packed around the rum hut. Not sure we can give BMO the same benefit of the doubt when we see swathes of empty seats. 50% full at best, at any given time

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

To be fair to other clubs, fans in seats does not equal fans at the game. Winnipeg sold out against Edmonton, but there were lots of open seats in the upper decks. The concourses are packed, so lots of people attend but don’t sit. It is the same in Saskatchewan, where the open concourses and Pilsner Zone are full as well. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

To be fair to other clubs, fans in seats does not equal fans at the game. Winnipeg sold out against Edmonton, but there were lots of open seats in the upper decks. The concourses are packed, so lots of people attend but don’t sit. It is the same in Saskatchewan, where the open concourses and Pilsner Zone are full as well. 

From what I understand. Ssk doesn't have open concourses