Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

On 2023-10-06 at 1:59 PM, Booch said:

even if he doesnt and is relegated to a supporting role with salary to match...or pushed into that

As a Nationalized American in a role as a DI at an appropriate salary. Assuming that nutso category still exists next year. Either way moving him to back up role wouldn't be the worst idea.

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Schoen was on the sidelines after he went out and seemed ok for what its worth. May have been a precaution.

My wild ass based on nothing but eye test bs is that he might’ve got his bell wrung but not had it caught by the spotter. Neck shoulder back would make sense similarly. 
 Looked to me like he was tender and a bit discombobulated on the side line. But again based on the smallest glance. 
 He has been taking hellacious hits the past month and year in general. It’s possible he was a bit tender and the staff decided to just sit him which would be smart.
I doubt we will get any thing unless some one here does a deep dive on a rewatch. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Schoen was on the sidelines after he went out and seemed ok for what its worth. May have been a precaution.

I was at the game, in the stands behind the bench 10 rows up. I watched him closely. Schoen was definitely nursing a "lower body" ouch when he came out of the game. He was mobile and walking on the sidelines, trying to keep the weight off and testing things - walking & trotting a little. I won't say any more than that, other than to venture that he would not have been effective had he gone back onto the field of play. Hopefully everyone is all healed up after the bye-week. 

The atmosphere during the game was amazing, by the way.  Boisterous supportive crowd of Big Blue fans behind the Bombers bench. All the Bomber players noticed and definitely appreciated that support from the fans. Post-game victory chants echoed through BC Place for a long time as Bomber fans (lots of them) celebrated that exciting and important win!

Edited by Doublezero

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

You won't hear a thing until practice resumes after the bye....

10 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Haven't heard, how is Dalton Schoen doing?

Hey, c'mon you guys. You know it's none of your business. Your life won't be affected if you don't know. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I could offer something....but why...too many dbags here who will make 13yr old spoiled teenage boy comments...u can have Osh smug comment on it

Reaction prime example of what I referred to hahaha

19 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Well said...I haven't particpated on this site for the past couple years. I still read the comments and raise my eyebrow every so often. It is what it is!!!

Sad other feel same eh? As it is with most things always a small fraction in groups and settings make things not so enjoyable for many...is what it is

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I could offer something....but why...too many dbags here who will make 13yr old spoiled teenage boy comments...u can have Osh smug comment on it

Yes, you got a reaction. Let’s be honest, you were looking for one, to see who disagrees and who will give you the validating thumbs up. Here’s a more fulsome reaction for you. 

You know, for a guy who continually insults people and then says he couldn’t care less what they think of him, you sure care enough to make a point of always telling us how butt hurt you are when others you feel are beneath you clap back. If you want to take your ball and go home, you can do it without announcing stuff like “I would tell you, but y’all too blind to understand it”. Now I don’t really need to spend a day going another 15 rounds with you about who the 13 year old is, or what respect you are owed because of your resume and insider knowledge, so I will just leave this thought here for you, if you feel that the board is too immature for you to waste your comments on:

main-qimg-c28a1504f699ba442210c4023d3ae0

Interesting, I noticed looking at the remaining schedule that the Lions actually play both of their final two games before the Bombers step on the field again... by time they line up against Edm on Oct 21, they'll know if it's a must win (not actually bc they can still beat Calgary in game 18... but I'm sure the team would like to lock it up before that)

Edited by bearpants

On 2023-10-09 at 5:09 AM, Booch said:

They'll just tell us it's none of our business. That players are entitled to privacy & to quit asking because fans have no right to ask. Or other bullshit like that. Until they want to know themselves. Lol. ;)

On 2023-10-08 at 2:15 PM, Doublezero said:

I was at the game, in the stands behind the bench 10 rows up. I watched him closely. Schoen was definitely nursing a "lower body" ouch when he came out of the game. He was mobile and walking on the sidelines, trying to keep the weight off and testing things - walking & trotting a little. I won't say any more than that, other than to venture that he would not have been effective had he gone back onto the field of play. Hopefully everyone is all healed up after the bye-week. 

The atmosphere during the game was amazing, by the way.  Boisterous supportive crowd of Big Blue fans behind the Bombers bench. All the Bomber players noticed and definitely appreciated that support from the fans. Post-game victory chants echoed through BC Place for a long time as Bomber fans (lots of them) celebrated that exciting and important win!

From my viewpoint, just a few rows ahead of you I suspect, it seemed like he was quite eager to get back in the game if the coaches and trainers had allowed him. He stood on the sideline, looking ready to play the entire time. I didn't spot him on the trainer's table (which was right in front of my seats). I only realized he was out of the game when I noticed that BOLO was in.

The atmosphere at that game was truly amazing! It felt incredibly special to be surrounded by a sea of Blue. It was also the most nerve-wracking and thrilling game I've experienced in the 5+ years I've been attending Bomber games at BC Place as an expat.

They yanked Schoen...he wanted to play....why even if not just to be a decoy...said if it was a playoff game...or do or die he would have stayed in...and it kinda was so an odd decision to pull....from horse's mouth btw...not my "opinion' before some of u usual suspects chime in that it's a shot at coaching