Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

25 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I used to be happy just to make the playoffs. Hosting the playoffs? Dare to dream!

These are the good times, I hope everyone is enjoying them

100% this is the best Blue Bomber era of all time. People need to chill a bit and just appreciate what is being done imo. Because it won't last forever, and one day people on here will be begging for the MOS roster management issues.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Anyone who thought we wouldn't (in terms of record) was smoking something good! The last two years have been historic teams. That wasn't going to last forever.

why not tho?...no reason it can't....the Stamps bookended three 15-3 seasons with 13-5 ones...had a regrouped 10 win season the 3 straight 12 win ones....sustained success is very achievable...

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Some definitely are not.....

I'm enjoying it.....and would like to a lil longer.....

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

why not tho?...no reason it can't....the Stamps bookended three 15-3 seasons with 13-5 ones...had a regrouped 10 win season the 3 straight 12 win ones....sustained success is very achievable...

If days like today... and every roster reveal day..... are you enjoying it..... then I think you might be a sadomasochist....

you can enjoy something and still have issues with things, or like to see things better.....anyone who agrees with everything...or says they never argue with wife...etc..etc...is a lying sac o.....

I put good money into the things that I enjoy, and support....so if I am...I want the best possible product.....plain and simple.....and anyone who would pay good money for something and not get the best product...but claim they good and happy as a clam...again is a lying sac....or just an idiot.....

Edited by Booch

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

They could still finish 14-4...

2 hours ago, Booch said:

How long was the stamps dominant streak? Lot more than two seasons ya. 
 Great teams hit tipping points fast and 2019-2024 is a long time for a core to be together. 
 Idk how the mafia and the fan base manages a rebuild that involves missing the play offs. but if they don’t do a large scale over haul in this off season we will find out just in time for our turn to host the gc. And I don’t think miller, walters or the board will accept continual down slide going into our gc year. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Great teams hit tipping points fast and 2019-2024 is a long time for a core to be together. 
 Idk how the mafia and the fan base manages a rebuild that involves missing the play offs. but if they don’t do a large scale over haul in this off season we will find out just in time for our turn to host the gc. And I don’t think miller, walters or the board will accept continual down slide going into our gc year. 

Honestly replacing guys at LB and DL as they age out shouldn't be the most difficult thing, they've got some depth at OL as well and we know Walters loves to draft there so should be able to keep that going along. The hardest part is that we're doing this with an older QB and god knows what happens when Collaros is either gone or his production falls off. The stamps were lucky they had Mitchell from a young age, let them keep on keeping on. We see what happened to them without their QB. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yea it’s weird what’s happening to the Stamps and Elks right now. Not that it’s too upsetting but you would think it won’t last too much longer.

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly replacing guys at LB and DL as they age out shouldn't be the most difficult thing, they've got some depth at OL as well and we know Walters loves to draft there so should be able to keep that going along. The hardest part is that we're doing this with an older QB and god knows what happens when Collaros is either gone or his production falls off. The stamps were lucky they had Mitchell from a young age, let them keep on keeping on. We see what happened to them without their QB. 

Agree with all that. I think the last real OL we drafted was Dobson, which is crazy. 

In the off season I think we likely lose brown, and have to get another developmental guy. But I think we also need to bring in a capable back up. Either strevy or a league vet. 

58 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree with all that. I think the last real OL we drafted was Dobson, which is crazy. 

In the off season I think we likely lose brown, and have to get another developmental guy. But I think we also need to bring in a capable back up. Either strevy or a league vet. 

I hope we do lose Brown, cause really he isn't a long term answer here, and I hope thats not who we hitch a wagon to 

DE wise,,,the Jeff's have a lot of life and value in them...look at dominant ends of recent yrs....even interior guys...are very effective into mid 30's...even past that...but with strong rotation and depth around them...thats where we need to focus on things, and develop....our roster makeup has to be revamped, and can easily be done...We have an abundance of LB's who play strictly ST's...and are basically weaknesses if they need to actually take defensive snaps....other teams have athletic tweeners/DE types who play a lot of teams....and are used in dline rotations....so it's time to make some tweaks, because if we don't...our roster will continually be hard pressed to make that happen

If we dont go hard in FA period next yr to secure 2 legit Canadian Dlineman ....could be both ends, or an end and an interior guy then we will see more of the same ..especially if we have to roster an American Kicker...Bennett and Kongbo will be there for the taking...and failing to land even 1 will be an epic fail.

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

I hope we do lose Brown, cause really he isn't a long term answer here, and I hope thats not who we hitch a wagon to 

DE wise,,,the Jeff's have a lot of life and value in them...look at dominant ends of recent yrs....even interior guys...are very effective into mid 30's...even past that...but with strong rotation and depth around them...thats where we need to focus on things, and develop....our roster makeup has to be revamped, and can easily be done...We have an abundance of LB's who play strictly ST's...and are basically weaknesses if they need to actually take defensive snaps....other teams have athletic tweeners/DE types who play a lot of teams....and are used in dline rotations....so it's time to make some tweaks, because if we don't...our roster will continually be hard pressed to make that happen

If we dont go hard in FA period next yr to secure 2 legit Canadian Dlineman ....could be both ends, or an end and an interior guy then we will see more of the same ..especially if we have to roster an American Kicker...Bennett and Kongbo will be there for the taking...and failing to land even 1 will be an epic fail.

I think Jeffcoat needs to be cheaper, and be the 3rd end at this point. he's still really good, but we need a guy who will play more than half a season as a go to guy making that elite money. 

For brown, he might be a gooder, but I don't think he will be the fit or the right time line for us. And I wouldn't want to be paying him 200k+

We do, and it might be time to go into the FA pool for OL as well. Lber would be big, and some secondary pieces need adressing. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I think Jeffcoat needs to be cheaper, and be the 3rd end at this point. he's still really good, but we need a guy who will play more than half a season as a go to guy making that elite money. 

For brown, he might be a gooder, but I don't think he will be the fit or the right time line for us. And I wouldn't want to be paying him 200k+

We do, and it might be time to go into the FA pool for OL as well. Lber would be big, and some secondary pieces need adressing. 

I think with a nice rotation...Jeffcoat would stay healthy...and when he is healthy...I'd say he is the best all around DE in the league....actually best dlineman in my opinion

We seriously need an impact LB though who is in his prime to transition to, Biggie is good, but doesnt seem elite anymore...and is up there in age with a lot of mileage...at right price though would be an excellent DA to support next yr's starters

Habba in his second year with say Mason Bennett to replace our Bennet, Lawson starting with another DT added to the rotation would help the Dline because to me something like: Jefferson+Jeffcoat+Habba+Mason Bennett+Walker+Lawson+New Dt would be pretty good.

At linebacker we need a replacement for Kramdi and possibly Biggie.

One man's opinion.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Habba in his second year with say Mason Bennett to replace our Bennet, Lawson starting with another DT added to the rotation would help the Dline because to me something like: Jefferson+Jeffcoat+Habba+Mason Bennett+Walker+Lawson+New Dt would be pretty good.

At linebacker we need a replacement for Kramdi and possibly Biggie.

One man's opinion.

cant argue there....and toss in Hansen another yr removed from his injury and we look pretty good

we really dropped the ball when Haba was out not grabbing Lemon to finish out the season here...sad part he wanted to come here and expected this is where he would have landed......and in his 10 games so far..22 tackles...7 sacks...2 picks...a FF....would have been a nice compliment to our DE's, and another good guy for Haba to learn from.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What is it you see lacking in him?

not sure how to describe it....just "it" I guess...plus we will be saddled with a pretty pricey contract to keep him through to 2025...so it will steal from elsewhere on the roster...Just something about him just to me says good second fiddle in a pinch...but not your bell cow.....and he isn't great at any particular thing...moreso passable at most

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I thought they decided to convert Cole Adamson to O-line and sent him back to school?  Also sent DT Collin Kornelson and DB Bret MacDougall from last year's draft back to school.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

You have to be realistic with what this staff will do though.

Jeffcoat will not be a 3rd end. We won't even use a 3rd end to keep his reps down, much less start another guy over him. He is also the difference maker on this defence and will not be given less reps or money. It's been a conversation/negotiation to keep him here since 2019, so he may choose to move on though.

DEs need some seasoning before they make the jump, so I'd expect Haba to make a bit more noise next season. I would be surprised (but pleased) to see one of Hammy's DLs join us next year. 

I like Dru Brown a lot, but I think he's going to get a starting opportunity next year.