CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Dane Evans time?

Dunigan had a game with 5 or 6 and apparently asked Matthews if he could go back into the game to go for number 6 or 7. The Don dropped a bunch of profanities. Its in Matt's book.

I remember when Matty told the story on TSN a number of years ago. He said he had a ****-eating grin when he asked Matthews that. 

Edited by WinnipegGordo
We can't say **** anymore? Well, that's shitty.

9 hours ago, Starman115 said:

Most Interceptions Allowed Game: Sonny Wade Mon. (Sept 24, 1972), Bernie Faloney Ham. (Oct. 13, 1958), Al Dorow BC(Oct. 25, 1958) 7

Matt Duigan also threw 7 in game as an Argo at Winnipeg July 20/90 as part of a record 13 turnovers total by Toronto. BTW the single game record for one team is 8. 

8 hours ago, Blue In BC said:

Rod Hill had 5 in one game. Not sure if anyone else had a pick that game. Makes you wonder why a QB would keep throwing in his direction?

Not sure if anyone else had an interception that game, which occurred Sept. 9/90 at home to Hamilton. Bombers had a CFL record 48 interceptions that season. 

.....and the BC Lions, as predicted, come crashing down to earth when Vernon Adams returns to norm from his every season 1 or 2 game hot streak. You can set your watch by it every year. He'll probably get hot for a couple more games this year but for the most part will be the not quite good enough starting QB for his umpteenth CFL team.

9 hours ago, Nolby said:

Putting team biased aside, the league Parody is much better than previous few years.

How so? There are 3 teams that look like they are contenders and then it is a pretty steep drop off to the rest, with 3 teams looking like they would go winless if they didn't get the opportunity to play each other. 

It will be a battle between B.C and Winnipeg for first this yr 100 percent....B.C tho isnt all that like many were parlaying all week...and Winnipeg isn't on some age related swan dive...when you look at average age of roster wpg is something like avg age 28.7 yrs or something...dont know the exacts but its in the 28's...there are 2..or 3 other teams in the 28's...and rest are in the 27's...maaaaybe one sub 27....so hardly this geriatric issue people are being led to believe.

B.C...still not a disciplined team and the proof of that was coming out yesterday when losing...was quite evident....VAJ is weak mentally and looked like he was about to be in tears on sidelines...and this will fester now for several games until another 2 game run against some bottom feeders, and the all word defence looked a lot different when they werent able to jump snap count anticipating snap...and border on the being offside 75% of snaps...if not offside.

Still think by yr's end CGY will be the team to worry about....Sask has a lot of holes still....one huge on at HC and Harris won't take you to the promised land in the cold of November at 38 yrs of age....Edm....welll who cars about them for this yr....so we basically play our kind of ball within our system....get our guys back, ad don't suffer numerous injuries all at the same time again...and we will be hosting West final

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They’ll probably go to Stevens at some point this summer.

Tommy Stevens is horrible. 

If we are talking more than getting through a game after being pulled - I would say the 3rd stringer is more likely. 

Should be anyway. 

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm sure TBurgess will spin this into somehow the Bombers being the worst team ever in the CFL since we lost to VAJ.   :D

This one ain't about the Bombers. It's about Adams horrible game and the coach not pulling him.

There are 3 top teams in the league. This week the order is: TOR,BC,WPG. Who ends up on top will be the team who can beat the other two more often. 

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

This one ain't about the Bombers. It's about Adams horrible game and the coach not pulling him.

But was it Adams having a horrible game or maybe Toronto is just superior and are on a different level from the Lions?       /sarcasm  

Because when the Bombers loss badly to the Lions you made it seem like that anyone who suggested that the Bombers "had a horrible game" were wrong and that this was not possible and that the Lions were just so much better then the Blue.  

13 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Vaj reminds me of Kevin Glenn. Good enough to hang around the CFL just lacks the ability to string wins together and makes boneheaded calls when he’s rattled. 

I'd take prime KG over prime VA any day

12 hours ago, Booch said:

Losing composure when losing isn't the sign of a solid team 

When the Bombers were getting beating down by the Lions... not once, did they lose their composure or take a stupid penalty... no one can deny, they are a well-coached team

Well well.....it looks like the wheels have fallen off and Vaj is who we thought he was ....not a starter...I don't care how you try to paint it ....T.O. was gifted a big win from a qb. ....who, let's just face it, is a back-up at best....How he ever pulled off a win against us is baffling....I think it was a combo of being too complacent and the leos playing way over their heads....They'll have to show next game, that they really belong at the top in the west, or drift back into mediocrity ......as far as I'm concerned they do not have a qb. who belongs in the class of a Collaros

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But was it Adams having a horrible game or maybe Toronto is just superior and are on a different level from the Lions?       /sarcasm  

Because when the Bombers loss badly to the Lions you made it seem like that anyone who suggested that the Bombers "had a horrible game" were wrong and that this was not possible and that the Lions were just so much better then the Blue.  

No kidding. The Lions played terribly. End of story. Did Toronto deserve the win....for sure....but let's not sugar coat the fact that Adams gift wrapped it for them. The difference between the Bombers loss and the Lions loss, is that our team has PROVEN consistency and therefore our effort vs BC can be chalked up to a one off. BC, and I am speaking about Adams specifically, has a PROVEN record of inconsistency. That is why they are a pretender not a contender imo. By seasons end I have complete confidence that this post will age very well. BC will finish in a playoff spot because of how weak most of the league looks, but Adams is not the guy to string good performances together that are a must come playoff time.

Edited by GCn20

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'd take prime KG over prime VA any day

When the Bombers were getting beating down by the Lions... not once, did they lose their composure or take a stupid penalty... no one can deny, they are a well-coached team

thats what I was alluding to....no visible complaining and whining that was over the top...no after whistle nonsense..etc...there is a major difference if you sit and look

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Calgary needs a QB to be worried about.  Pretty easy to defend the same hitch screen right or left all game every week.  And Maier has almost no mobility too so can’t even cut the field in half for him to settle him in.

They’ll probably go to Stevens at some point this summer.

Maier, like so many young flash in the pans, has been exposed somewhat once teams had enough film on him. I don't think he can get it done. However, they do have a pretty formidable run game....although I have not seen a CFL team win very often with a less than average aerial attack.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

thats what I was alluding to....no visible coalmining and whining that was over the top...no after whistle nonsense..etc...there is a major difference if you sit and look

composed and mature........mark of a winner

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Adams threw 6 picks that directly resulted in most of Toronto's points (34 IIRC). It was a case where a player had a horrible game, not that the whole team had horrible games all at the same time. 

I'm not making any excuses for BC, just like I didn't make any excuses for WPG last week. Both teams played the best they could on the day and got beaten by better teams. Keep telling yourselves that in our case it was just a bad day by the whole team if you want to, but we won't know if that's true until we've played TOR and BC again.