2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Chad Kelley is about to become a locker room cancer if he starts or doesn't. Book it. I would trade him while he has value if I were Pinball.  The man just has too much ego. Also, I would probably take a hard pass on MBT and try get Dane Evans if I were the Argos. A lot younger and you don't have to keep 14000 seats empty for MBT's ancestors. jk

My preference is that we get the same MBT that played in our final two games prior to the GC (and I'm more sure than not that he's our QB1 this year). That being said, consistency has not always been a word you'd associate with him. Kelly knows that his time is soon. Football is a rough sport and Bethel-Thompson is 34. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

this right there...sounds like a lazy guy...and not committed...hard pass by me...for a multitude of reasons...also the Sask dline feasted early in the yr on some horrible opponents...inflated stats at best, and bulk of their sacks came in first 4..6 games....look at when Robertson came back...didnt change a thing...and would barely have had Lanier got his butt in shape

dedicated guys in the pro...and NCAA tho who get limited reps...and are fringe guys do tons of extra work on conditioning...after practice...and on own time to be ready...as the window and shot is short and fleeting...or can come at a 4 hour notice...he just seems lazy...ZC tho was a proven entity...and the rralization he was finally healthy.....made that decision a slam dunk

It does fit that a guy with his physical tools who falls out of the nfl lacks that drive and commitment. But coming out of Regina I wouldn’t put any stock in any rumour or issues like that. It’d all be on interview and research. Wj probably had the same kind of accusations leaving edm and ssk. 

It is also true that they tasted early on bad olines. But we also failed to do the same against similar guys. 

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Chad Kelley is about to become a locker room cancer if he starts or doesn't. Book it. I would trade him while he has value if I were Pinball.  The man just has too much ego. Also, I would probably take a hard pass on MBT and try get Dane Evans if I were the Argos. A lot younger and you don't have to keep 14000 seats empty for MBT's ancestors. jk

Qb controversy is going to be hard core. 

2 hours ago, bluto said:

I like how we're going about our off-season business. A few more days of announcements and then they can drop the news about who is playing QB for us this season. 

I’m surprised mcmanis didn’t go to fa. He could’ve gotten paid like mad. This fa crop is going to be as sparse as we’ve seen in a long time. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I’m surprised mcmanis didn’t go to fa. He could’ve gotten paid like mad. This fa crop is going to be as sparse as we’ve seen in a long time. 

He may have gotten paid like mad for all we know. And he seemed happy to play his football where he is, no surprise that he'd re-up here.

Now if we can just get another couple of announcements done...

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Would like to see us dip our toes in the FA pool.

Pickett or Kam Kelly would be interesting for sure, but I imagine we think we’re set there with Darby. That is an old-ass group of LBs though. Don’t love that

If Bailey doesn’t come back (sad) then I’d love to see Dunbar replace him. 

Pickett is one guy I was looking at, but you're right, Darby eliminates that need.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Dunk on Sask radio spinning super hard on why Trevor Harris will be great in Sask: 

also this, for Colin and Al........

Remember how well he dealt with the rush in edm? lol Harris to ssk would be career suicide.

52 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Pickett is one guy I was looking at, but you're right, Darby eliminates that need.

Really like where the secondary will be going into next year. If we get ford back after an nfl mini camp it’d be great. 

oDay is just ...not good....Harris will not succeed there behind that garbage...I dont care how fast he gets rid of the ball...The Faj for 80% of his pass plays dumped it out fast too....to the flats or a screen.....and where did that get them....ol nimble feet Harris if he needs to stand in there and try and wait for a play to develop will get pulverized...but hey....go get him for big bucks...and even then...not even a given either of those guys are gonna leave Mtl all things considered