2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

49 minutes ago, Booch said:

oDay is just ...not good....Harris will not succeed there behind that garbage...I dont care how fast he gets rid of the ball...The Faj for 80% of his pass plays dumped it out fast too....to the flats or a screen.....and where did that get them....ol nimble feet Harris if he needs to stand in there and try and wait for a play to develop will get pulverized...but hey....go get him for big bucks...and even then...not even a given either of those guys are gonna leave Mtl all things considered

Masoli wouldn’t survive and he’s much more elusive and has a way better release. 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Harris won't come cheap, never mind trying to get Lewis, too.....the amount of coin they're going to drop on those two instead of an OL to make the whole thing work.......**** sakes, you morons. 

I feel like edm is the only guy who can offer top dollar to both. 
 Be hilarious if edm signed Lewis to a 300k one year deal lol. 

On 2022-11-24 at 8:55 PM, Noeller said:

Lol... 

Give Ballsy his props. Nailed it. 

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Harris won't come cheap, never mind trying to get Lewis, too.....the amount of coin they're going to drop on those two instead of an OL to make the whole thing work.......**** sakes, you morons. 

Shhh!

They're doing great Thats Nice GIF

4 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I’ve said multiple times that I’ve never seen Harris put together multiple good outings consecutively. 

He’s efficient, and likely is the best option available, I definitely prefer him over Dane Evans.

But as most have said, unless the OLine is improved, it doesn’t matter.

I guess the riders need to try and save some face for them this season to generate some cash. That being said, Harris has never been capable of winning anything. If I were a die hard of that team (puke) I can't say for certain, but I think id rather just roll with a rough season and hopefully develop for the future 

34 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Guarantee you the Riders over paid to get him and he’ll be making as much if not more then CF was making this season you can bet on that. With the way the market is shaping up it’s looking like another season with a terrible o-line for the Riders, Knowing the state of the franchise I think this is a last ditch effort on O’day to keep his job. 

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not to mention probably a good 450k minimum for Lanier and Robertson...and if KSB comes back to him...he prob gonna want a nice bump...and thats without addressing the O-line yet....which they need at minimum 2 guys to make it even average....and they also need to replace or resign All world Dan, did he say he was hanging them up?...or is he back for more futility?

7 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I guess the riders need to try and save some face for them this season to generate some cash. That being said, Harris has never been capable of winning anything. If I were a die hard of that team (puke) I can't say for certain, but I think id rather just roll with a rough season and hopefully develop for the future 

basically...settled for the scraps...and will be over paying for it too...and behind garbage o-line...as of yet nobody worth spit to throw to....implementing a new offensive system with a raw new O.C...2 OTHER coaches now.....Roosevelt and Tate with minimal...and no experience...what could go wrong with that??....gonna be a fun thing to watch that thing implode all over....and bet we have a HC change there by labor day...

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

not to mention probably a good 450k minimum for Lanier and Robertson...and if KSB comes back to him...he prob gonna want a nice bump...and thats without addressing the O-line yet....which they need at minimum 2 guys to make it even average....and they also need to replace or resign All world Dan, did he say he was hanging them up?...or is he back for more futility?

As the best o-lineman in CFL history, he ought to be in line for a huge raise. 

It's almost as if, after a thoroughly disappointing season, the thought of hitting reset and beginning a new project from the ground up (football operations, coaching, players) wasn't even an option that anyone considered.

Like, putting a big contract on a QB who'll be 37 when TC opens, and a big name defender in the hopes of chasing a 7 win season is a plan worth having.

I'd be furious.

55 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I’ve said multiple times that I’ve never seen Harris put together multiple good outings consecutively. 

He’s efficient, and likely is the best option available, I definitely prefer him over Dane Evans.

But as most have said, unless the OLine is improved, it doesn’t matter.

He’s really good at moving the ball between the 30s. Terrible in the red zone. Imo toxic wasteland when it comes to leadership. 
 Far more dependant on an ol than fajardo like you say. And even with an ol would struggle to put up the scores the riders will need to be competitive. 
 An upside for the riders is he is used to a balanced offense and doesn’t need to drop back 40-50 times a game. 
 I feel like the lack of an established oc is attractive to Harris. He will get an offense tailored to what he wants to do. 

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So let's say 500,000 for Harris, $300,000 for Lewis. Not going to look so good with that putrid oline and Lenius, Harty et all at wr.

Then in week 4 when Harris is out for the year due to that ol, **** really hits the fan.

To be fair duke was making like 250+ right?  The pieces aren’t available to fix that ol though. The best thing they could do is start a 6th ol and a really good pass blocking back. 

9 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I just don't see the league folding the team. They could more then cover the losses with the new money coming from the US TV deal while they search for a new owner. They aren't going to let this team fold when the fanbase is there and league revenues are growing to a point where a team like this under good ownership can break even or post a profit. 

Herb Zurkowsky says the league is broke. Since the pandemic & the lost season in 2020 & the shortened season teams don't have the $$$ to prop up a team. WQhere have you been the last 4 years?

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

They need to sign Couture, maybe make a trade for someone, and hope they draft someone who can start.  Probably need to run max protection with an RB or FB blocking on a regular basis.  

When June jones got to ham they had been struggling with good offensive pieces but not enough protection. They go max protect to 6 ol and a blocking back full time and have one of the best offenses in the league. Since he left they’ve stripped it down and down and just gotten worse. 
 It’s crazy how hell bent people in the league are on doing the same stuff when they just don’t have the pieces to do it well. 

It's not an article... It's a ridiculous Riders fan blog. I'm sure it's all but done, but still... Ridiculous to be talking about it a week ahead of time when we've all seen **** change at the last second (Richard Karikari, anyone...)