2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

Jeez lol the undercutting of a guy just because he’s a Rider

lmao to that stupid contract but Lanier is a force out there. FWIW to all you “he’s not a FIFO guy, he’s a selfish player, he’s worthless” people in the building, the Bombers were one of the teams that inquired about him yesterday.

which I find odd...as several I talked to...players said he was a dirty p.os...tho he smartened up a bit after the Marion exile....maybe they did some more talking to him to see if he has become more of a pro...but as a decent but not game changing guy in the middle....he should be at most...200k....over pay any way you slice it...if any other team offered him that...I'd say the same....bet he plays 12 games tops for that cash

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Different positions obviously...but Demski at 190 compared to Lanier at 250 is just insane to me. 

Lanier is really good. He’d be a good fit here but we really need that nose to make our d work. When you consider the riders have to over pay guys it’s about right. He’d be a 200k guy for any one else. 

pretty happy with demski at 190. Not many wrs in the league impact the defense as much as he does. 

Edited by wbbfan

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Whatever happened to the 'stove' in B.C......I don't think he played a game for them last year because of an injury.....guy just disappeared after being a force here....Maybe the injury he suffered ended his career....????nobody seems to know

He had his season ending injury - and then I think I remember him suffering a set back.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Lanier according to rumors sat out a few games he could have/should have played in last year. Tells me all I need to know about him. Even stated that he doesn't know how to take care of his body so wanted some extended time off. 

Of notable concern should be that he is a very undersized DT. They list him at 285 but realistically he isn't more than 260. That's why he only lasted 10 games in the trenches last year. He will need to have 25 lbs of muscle added to be able to live up to his contract.

That’s some toxic ass crap and what I’d expect out of the riders camp. I really don’t think guys are coasting on fake injuries or malingering when they are trying to get to the nfl. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

lmao to that stupid contract but Lanier is a force out there. FWIW to all you “he’s not a FIFO guy, he’s a selfish player, he’s worthless” people in the building, the Bombers were one of the teams that inquired about him yesterday.

when he was in the line up, the riders dl had the best pass rush in the league. Every one was on track for like 12+ sacks. When he went down that pass rush became a whimper.  If sayles had played like Lanier did last year he’d a been getting hyped as our modp candidate. 

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

i feel for all those teams.....thats just a sad sack carousel lol

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

i feel for all those teams.....thats just a sad sack carousel lol

I feel especially bad for mtl. That franchise was just getting back to its feet. 

How is every one sending guys to ssk but ignoring edm entirely? 

unless cf goes back to ssk I don’t think any place he lands he goes in as qb1. 

also mbt gets pulled in the gc. If he played the whole game we’d a won. He’s under contract with the argos iirc how would he be playing in the us? No nfl team is gonna knock on his door ever again. 

Edited by wbbfan

33 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Stove is not listed as a B.C. free agent, so I'm assuming he's under contract for this year.

I want to say he was on a 1 year deal. He didn’t play at all. I’d love to bring him back either via fa or trade. 

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I think Trevor Harris is one level above the others.

King of the C tier qbs. I think he’d be a good fit in tor and a better fit than blm in ham. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

He's a really good player in 11 career games. I'm not saying he can't keep it up...but the FACT is that he has had conditioning issues, has not been able to play an entire season because of that, and is underweight for DT. This is not opinion, it is fact....a fact that even he has admitted to publically. Disruptive absolutely. Very small sample size absolutely. That's not cutting him down...that's just laying out issues with making him the highest paid d player in the league.

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

He'd be listed as an FA if his contract ended and I don't see that anywhere.

He signed a 2 year deal with BC, per 3DN.

Richardson signed a two-year contract through the 2023 season with the Leos during free agency in February.

https://3downnation.com/2022/04/20/b-c-lions-dl-steven-richardson-suffers-significant-injury-during-workout-session/

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He's a really good player in 11 career games. I'm not saying he can't keep it up...but the FACT is that he has had conditioning issues, has not been able to play an entire season because of that, and is underweight for DT. This is not opinion, it is fact....a fact that even he has admitted to publically. Disruptive absolutely. Very small sample size absolutely. That's not cutting him down...that's just laying out issues with making him the highest paid d player in the league.

I think people really under estimate how hard it is to go from 11 college games with a lot of time to play them up to 18 games in 20 weeks plus camp and pre season. 
 It’s soo much harder for linemen too. 

also to be fair, Jackson jeffcoat has played 12 games each of the last 4 years. Over those 4 years he’s averaged a bit over 6 sacks as an end. And he’s making north of 200k. 

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

He'd be listed as an FA if his contract ended and I don't see that anywhere.

Probably a 2 year deal then. Though you never know with the cfl. I’d trade a 3rd or 4th to get him back. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

hahaha....giant over pays...for decent, but not guys you need to scheme against to nuetralize as best you can...thats what it takes to keep talent in Sask...lotta scratch tied up in some dlineman who really...are easiest position to fill....yet still need at least 3 olinman better than what was there last yr....a QB....2 top line wideouts....DB help.....and no starting Linebackers from last yr signed...what a mess and its funny as heck

also has a bad rep around the league as being dirty, and more about himself then team

Perfect fit for the Riders.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Sometimes you have to overpay to build something. If you think you have the right person, who you can build around and provide an anchor going forward, you do it. 

A guy like Lanier is really coveted in the nfl too. He can fill in a bunch of different techniques and get after the qb 6’6 280 if he played a few more games last year he’d be in an nfl camp. 

27 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s some toxic ass crap and what I’d expect out of the riders camp. I really don’t think guys are coasting on fake injuries or malingering when they are trying to get to the nfl. 

when he was in the line up, the riders dl had the best pass rush in the league. Every one was on track for like 12+ sacks. When he went down that pass rush became a whimper.  If sayles had played like Lanier did last year he’d a been getting hyped as our modp candidate. 

I feel especially bad for mtl. That franchise was just getting back to its feet. 

How is every one sending guys to ssk but ignoring edm entirely? 

unless cf goes back to ssk I don’t think any place he lands he goes in as qb1. 

also mbt gets pulled in the gc. If he played the whole game we’d a won. He’s under contract with the argos iirc how would he be playing in the us? No nfl team is gonna knock on his door ever again. 

I am not suggesting that Lanier's was faking an injury but here is what we know to be certain. The Riders said he had a concussion, Lanier denied that in the media and said his body couldn't hold up because of poor conditioning. 

Lanier was medically cleared to play October 22nd against Calgary and he sat himself out (although he did play the season finale). 

Lanier's NFL window is closed. Very closed. He has zero chance of NFL return or interest. He is not playing for that reason anymore. He has been through the NFL wringer extensively. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think people really under estimate how hard it is to go from 11 college games with a lot of time to play them up to 18 games in 20 weeks plus camp and pre season. 
 It’s soo much harder for linemen too. 

also to be fair, Jackson jeffcoat has played 12 games each of the last 4 years. Over those 4 years he’s averaged a bit over 6 sacks as an end. And he’s making north of 200k. 

Probably a 2 year deal then. Though you never know with the cfl. I’d trade a 3rd or 4th to get him back. 

You need to quit banging the NFL drum and certainly this fresh out of college drum. Lanier was in the NFL for several years, and has exhausted his NFL window. You really need to take a look at his history. He is not fresh out of college. He is an NFL reclamation project. The guy was in the NFL for 6 seasons and has exhausted his PR eligibility, Obviously you like the guy, and he is a very good player, but you are arguing based on some assumptions you are making about the guy that are completely false narrative.

Edited by GCn20

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If the Als organization chronically hemmorages money it won't be easy at all. Why would anyone buy a team that chronically loses $4 million a year? You have to ask yourself why.... And the 2 estate lawyers aren't going to let that situation go on for long. Spiegel's kids want their inheritance. There's no money to run the team right now other than pay the bills, it seems. Accorfdng to Herb Zurkowsky of the Montreal Alouettes unless a prospective owner steps forward very soon the team will fold. Thge CFL can't afford to prop up a team after Covid. You seem to think the whole process to find a solid owner with deep pockets will be easy hence my Travolts Get Shorty gif.

I just don't see the league folding the team. They could more then cover the losses with the new money coming from the US TV deal while they search for a new owner. They aren't going to let this team fold when the fanbase is there and league revenues are growing to a point where a team like this under good ownership can break even or post a profit.