2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

7 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Bulldiddyshit, the last QB to throw a football 75 yds. in the air in Wpg. was Dominick Davis, he's also very fleet of foot every bit as fast as Cornelius.  Athletically he would crush most CFL Qb's, his problem has always been has a 10 cent brain to go along with his solid gold body.

This is not true at all,   have you watched the guy play?     He's very average when it comes to speed.

Davis in his one season that he started 9 or so games ran for a total of 115 yards.   Cornelius this past season after starting about the same amount of games ran for 502 yards.     Davis can do a goal line plunge,  but the guy has never shown to have fast wheels ever.   He's not elusive at all also. 

His arm is also very average ,  I don't have any metrics that can show this but if you watched him play the guy is not throwing balls out like a cannon similar to Cornelius.   He's got a slightly above average arm but he's not throwing heaters at all to anyone.    

It's a misconception that the dude is some athletic beast,  I'm not sure where comes from?  

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Herb Zurkowsky says the league is broke. Since the pandemic & the lost season in 2020 & the shortened season teams don't have the $$$ to prop up a team. WQhere have you been the last 4 years?

Herb has made a lot of predictions over the years. The cost of losing Montreal is immense as it is written into the TV deal with TSN that the league would lose a significant amount of the revenue if it loses either Montreal or Toronto. I believe it would be more costly to lose that revenue then prop of Montreal for a while while they search for a new owner. Plus they are adding new revenue likely around 4-5 million a year from the US TV deal.

Any think of the lost money when the league has to pay Winnipeg to move to the East Division again.

Edited by Colin Unger

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Herb has made a lot of predictions over the years. The cost of losing Montreal is immense as it is written into the TV deal with TSN that the league would lose a significant amount of the revenue if it loses either Montreal or Toronto. I believe it would be more costly to lose that revenue then prop of Montreal for a while while they search for a new owner. Plus they are adding new revenue likely around 4-5 million a year from the US TV deal.

Any think of the lost money when the league has to pay Winnipeg to move to the East Division again.

This league is run by a bunch of ass clowns.  How can you be surprised? 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I made the mistake of going on the Riderfans page to see what they are thinking and I was pleasantly surprised that most of the people were giving honest opinions...... until I read this:

VQxU0FT.png

Yup...basically sums up the intelligence there ..or lack there of ...almost sad in a way

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I made the mistake of going on the Riderfans page to see what they are thinking and I was pleasantly surprised that most of the people were giving honest opinions...... until I read this:

VQxU0FT.png

That is just a really bad take. Like, almost 180 degrees from reality.

Impressive.

I am just curious by which metrics that big brained poster thinks the Bombers are having a poor offseason... re-signed basically everyone that was a priority... no one can actually sign free agents yet, there hasn't been a draft... the only thing that can be judged is how you retain your own guys.... which walters has crushed.

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am just curious by which metrics that big brained poster thinks the Bombers are having a poor offseason... re-signed basically everyone that was a priority... no one can actually sign free agents yet, there hasn't been a draft... the only thing that can be judged is how you retain your own guys.... which walters has crushed.

I'm really pissed off that Walters re-signed Collaros, Bryant, Jeffcoat, Demski, the entire secondary, etc.... how is the team supposed to compete with garbage like this??

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I'm really pissed off that Walters re-signed Collaros, Bryant, Jeffcoat, Demski, the entire secondary, etc.... how is the team supposed to compete with garbage like this??

Too much money in old guys!!!!!!

Ignore the fact they won 15 games and played in the last 3 grey cups winning 2, the wheels are about to fall off!

Jealousy is an ugly *****.

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

As an aside:

I wish to register my disappointment that nobody has taken @Bubba Zanetti's "sad sack" cartoon from yesterday and done a credible job of putting a SaskRR logo on it. If it's done well, that's a meme that has potential to be around for years...

I am also disappointed.

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Metrics....lol...you are talking about a province that loses count at a dozen. There are no metrics. There is a lippy Argos fan over there too suggesting that Walters is vastly over rated and that Stove was average at best. My goodness, that forum attracts fantasy takes on things like no other.

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Too much money in old guys!!!!!!

Ignore the fact they won 15 games and played in the last 3 grey cups winning 2, the wheels are about to fall off!

Jealousy is an ugly *****.

That same poster has been saying our wheels are about to fall off since we beat them in the 2018 playoffs....lol. I would be a bit worried now if he didn't say it every year.

Edited by GCn20

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He’s really good at moving the ball between the 30s. Terrible in the red zone. Imo toxic wasteland when it comes to leadership. 
 Far more dependant on an ol than fajardo like you say. And even with an ol would struggle to put up the scores the riders will need to be competitive. 
 An upside for the riders is he is used to a balanced offense and doesn’t need to drop back 40-50 times a game. 
 I feel like the lack of an established oc is attractive to Harris. He will get an offense tailored to what he wants to do. 

To be fair duke was making like 250+ right?  The pieces aren’t available to fix that ol though. The best thing they could do is start a 6th ol and a really good pass blocking back. 

That's the problem. They're doing the exact same thing that didn't work last year.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

and reading there...they think Oday isnt sitting still...but killing it...re-upping guys on a team that sucked...had crap culture, and have been trajecting downward....just because u re-sign guys off your roster...doesnt make it successful off-season when it was a bad team.....just a bunch of clueless bafoons there

51 minutes ago, bearpants said:

yeah...resigned key pieces to the best squad...all i their prime or just getting to their prime....what a failure

we have made some progress, re bigotry. article about Johnny Bright.  tv movie coming out.

"But as the crowd roared in Iowa, a devious plan was allegedly brewing among the football players at Oklahoma A&M, more than 500 miles away.

"They are coming after Johnny Bright," said Jerald Harkness, producer and director of "The Bright Path: The Johnny Bright Story," a documentary which airs 7 p.m. Feb. 9 on CBS Sports Network. "They don't want him on their field.""

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/2023/02/06/drake-football-johnny-bright-heisman-trophy-dreams-ended-oklahoma-am/69804469007/

I (barely) remember Johnny Bright, Jackie Parker, Normie Kwong.

glad that I was brought up not to think of any them as black, asian, white, just great football players.

Edited by Mark F