Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

This line from Lawler yesterday:

“I was telling Zach once we’re done with this run, whenever it is, there’s going to be a 30 for 30 on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.”

What a great presser with him yesterday. Is it just me or has he grown a ton in the last year or so? He seems so centered, so determined, and prepared to be a leader on this team.

This 2023 offense is going to be ******* wild.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bailey is just 29 & has a team friendly contract. He's a mucker & a great blocker. He does his job & is effective doing it but doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's also the heart & soul of our receiving corps. He also never misses any games. Something that Greg Ellingson & other receivers couldn't say. He won't be making $200,000 as a receiver  with a new contract. I'll miss the guy if he signs elsewhere. I'd be happy if he came back. 

Got a feeling he's been in Walters office talking numbers to try and stay. He'd be great depth, keep him for certain packages, knows the offense.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Bailey is severely underappreciated around the league and that hurts his bargaining power.  For example, he's not even mentioned in this morning's article on cfl.ca

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/02/15/still-out-there-top-free-agents-still-available/

What I greatly appreciate with Bailey’s play is he doesn’t F around on the field. He’s all business and straddles that line (mostly successful) that separates being a fierce competitor to being a **** head (see Rider players for examples).

He plays like he’s constantly trying to prove himself.

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Walters was quoted in the Freep today as saying that he's pretty much done spending, and that he tried to re-sign Sayles but was out-bid. Depending on how things go at training camp, I can see a receiver being traded.

Which is exactly what a canny shopper says to the shopkeeper.

23 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I think Darvin would be a better fit at the boundary WR spot than Bailey. That said...I feel money is better spent elsewhere. We have Schoen and Lawler. Those 2 alone could carry our passing game.

I would much rather have Bailey then Darvin (at this point in their careers).

But I think everyone still needs to wrap their heads around the fact that positions need to be filled in training camp by guys on rookie contracts. We have retained our core, made a splash signing. Now it's the scouts' turn.