Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Man collaros talking about how they all talked about wanting to win the west final to make sure the team is together for another week got me right in the feels. You know those guys really love playing together. 

I just love that he’s here having fun and is healthy. His body language is night and day different then it was he was going through his injuries. It’s crazy to think a singular move can change history so much. It’s not crazy to say ZC maybe hangs it up after 2019 if he isn’t playing. 

2 hours ago, CodyT said:

Well MBT may be a quack but I really agreed with his comments on the CFL and ambroise.  

I noticed when Ambrosie came out to give out the Commissioner's Award the muted applause. Sounded like just his family were clapping & even they weren't enthusiastic.  The majority of players & fans don't like him.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, there was a story yesterday where it said that he may miss the Awards for an NFL workout. I'm glad he's there. That is the right thing to do. Once it's okay for players to skip league awards for personal matters relating to something not related to health or family that'll be the end of it. 

Sorry, why?

your last post was insanity. You’re talking about HIS life. Had he missed the awards to attend to something like a workout for an NFL team, who cares? The NFL is so cutthroat that you need to utilize every opportunity you’re given.

this mentality some CFL fans have where they act as if the players owe them or the league anything is absolutely bananas. This kid played two years in the CFL, his dream is the NFL and you think he has some kind of obligation to show up for some award he probably couldn’t care less about because why?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Sorry, why?

your last post was insanity. You’re talking about HIS life. Had he missed the awards to attend to something like a workout for an NFL team, who cares? The NFL is so cutthroat that you need to utilize every opportunity you’re given.

this mentality some CFL fans have where they act as if the players owe them or the league anything is absolutely bananas. This kid played two years in the CFL, his dream is the NFL and you think he has some kind of obligation to show up for some award he probably couldn’t care less about because why?

Without the Lions signing Rourke where would he be? Do you think he'd have a dozen NFL clubs wanting to work him out? Rourke was undrafted. He never even got a sniff as a free agent from the NFL when he left Ohio. So, without the CFL his football days would be over, Collaros said the same thing last night. Without the CFL, he said he has no idea what he'd be doing with his life other than living somewhere in the Ohio Valley right now. That is pretty powerful stuff.

The CFL changed both those young men's lives just by being here. It's a league where they could play at an extremely high level. Collaros at 34 understands it because his career is almost over. Rourke, maybe he does or maybe he doesn't get it yet at 24 because his career is just starting. However, he will someday when he looks back on his playing days after he retires.

I was critical of Rourke (maybe) missing the CFL Awards based on a story I read so I was glad he was there to accept the MOC award. He made a nice speech.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Without the Lions signing Rourke where would he be? Do you think he'd have a dozen NFL clubs wanting to work him out? Rourke was undrafted. He never even got a sniff as a free agent from the NFL when he left Ohio. So, without the CFL his football days would be over, Collaros said the same thing last night. Without the CFL, he said he has no idea what he'd be doing with his life other than living somewhere in the Ohio Valley right now. That is pretty powerful stuff.

The CFL changed both those young men's lives just by being here. It's a league where they could play at an extremely high level. Collaros at 34 understands it because his career is almost over. Rourke, maybe he does or maybe he doesn't get it yet at 24 because his career is just starting. However, he will someday when he looks back on his playing days after he retires.

I was critical of Rourke (maybe) missing the CFL Awards based on a story I read so I was glad he was there to accept the MOC award. He made a nice speech.

And without Rourke, how do you think the Lions season goes? It works both ways.

18 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Has nothing to do with talent. Starting qbs will basically only be draftees from here on forward. Teams want that big name kid. More political than anything. 

Look at Taylor Heinecke in Washington - the guy looked like he was someone who could lead the team to victories last year and they still went and acquired a semi-washed up journeyman to be the starter in the off-season (and since he's started again this year he's once again looked like a guy who can win them games)

Politics of being an undrafted QB.

9 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Look at Taylor Heinecke in Washington - the guy looked like he was someone who could lead the team to victories last year and they still went and acquired a semi-washed up journeyman to be the starter in the off-season (and since he's started again this year he's once again looked like a guy who can win them games)

Politics of being an undrafted QB.

NFL teams love their draft picks over UDFA's at any position. That's the way they roll. That being said, if a guy is good enough he will play.  Also, Heinecke is starting this week, you can't blame them for taking a shot at Wentz but it seems that experiment has ended.

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

NFL teams love their draft picks over UDFA's at any position. That's the way they roll. That being said, if a guy is good enough he will play.  Also, Heinecke is starting this week, you can't blame them for taking a shot at Wentz but it seems that experiment has ended.

Washington is giving up a LOT of value putting Wentz on their roster - It's a huge hit to their salary cap that could have been spent in other ways and isn't because they "took a shot on Wentz"

We need more chatter in here or I might have to actually do work today. Already made my office off limits by ringing my cowbell at anyone that enters the doorway... If they dare sit down then the get the horn...

**** the Riders!!!

@bluto All the props in the world for supporting your team in a tough market but it is not your time. This is our time and we aren't ready to let anyone take our torch just yet.

38 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Washington is giving up a LOT of value putting Wentz on their roster - It's a huge hit to their salary cap that could have been spent in other ways and isn't because they "took a shot on Wentz"

They went with Wentz because they didn't feel Heinecke had the ceiling they wanted at QB. Wentz at one time was a very good QB, they tried to recapture some of it and the experiment failed. It's not because Heinecke was a UDFA or not....they just aren't that excited about him as their starter. 

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

We need more chatter in here or I might have to actually do work today. Already made my office off limits by ringing my cowbell at anyone that enters the doorway... If they dare sit down then the get the horn...

Need a live video stream of this to help increase the chatter and commentary.

Probably my favourite Bomber to be honest. Dude just exudes energy, he is exhausting to watch sometimes. All-world ball spinning skills as well. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

If you specifically bring in a guy to take over that starts the clock. As a coach or GM, if you draft a QB in the first round that puts 3 years on your clock because the impression is that you need to give the team time to grow.