Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

13 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Damn, the mayor of toronto doesn't even rep the argos...

sad.

Pitiful.... There you go folks, this is why the CFL has no place in Toronto as shown by the their Mayor... Tory couldn't take a minute to slip a Argo jersey on for picture day... and to Scott Gillingham, nice touch!!!! 

head  coaching comparison. we know Mike's record.

No jinx, I can not see Dinwiddie winning the coaching part of the game.

although " coaches coach, and players play" .... R. Hall.

"February 19, 2013, it was announced that Dinwiddie was joining the coaching staff of the Montreal Alouettes newly hired head coach, Dan Hawkins, as the offensive quality control coach.[8][9]

On December 8, 2015, Dinwiddie was hired by the Calgary Stampeders as the team's QB coach.[10] Under Dinwiddie, Bo Levi Mitchell won CFL Most Outstanding Player twice as the Stampeders reached the Grey Cup in three consecutive years, including winning in 2018.[11]

On December 12, 2019, Dinwiddie was named the head coach of the Toronto Argonauts, the 45th in team history.[11] However, the 2020 CFL season was cancelled and he did not coach in 2020. In his first season, in 2021, he led the team to a first place finish in the East Division, but the club lost the East Final to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats."

CFL Coaching Record[edit]

Team Year Regular Season Post Season
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Result
TOR 2021 9 5 0 .643 1st in East Division 0 1 Lost in East Final
TOR 2022 11 7 0 .611 1st in East Division 1 0 TBD
Total 20 12 0 .625 2 Division
Championships
1 1 0 Grey Cups

Edited by Mark F

Kind of a great X factor story in this game is the crowd. 17:54 ferguson talks about is saskatchewan the great cfl market they claim, or just self centric rider fans? I've been seeing a huge barnstorm of rider fans selling off their GC tickets. It will be very interesting to see what the crowd and mood is like in the stands of the GC. 

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Looks like a 3-peat to me

Sure does. Not surprised at no roster changes. Pretty happy with how that roster looks for the most part too. 

The BB will obviously keep with what's worked all season but interested to see if Buck , Hall and crew incorporate any new wrinkles, nuances that haven't been captured on tape this year. 

Here's hoping for some yelling and pushing each other and sulking on the bench because you're not getting me the ball on the argo sideline this Sunday.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Kind of a great X factor story in this game is the crowd. 17:54 ferguson talks about is saskatchewan the great cfl market they claim, or just self centric rider fans? I've been seeing a huge barnstorm of rider fans selling off their GC tickets. It will be very interesting to see what the crowd and mood is like in the stands of the GC.

I've been saying for a while nownthat I thought there would be a decent amount of empty seats. There's a bunch of tickets for sale and they don't look like they're selling. As bad as that would look, I would hope it signals to the CFL that Regina shouldn't be hosting Grey Cups. Not as often as they have anyways.