Back to Back Champs vs Hillbillies early talk

Nolby

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Fajita says he feels uncomfortable when he has to sit in the pocket and be a QB.

We know, Faj. We all know. 

Everyone keep in mind this Rider team  is the same/worse everywhere but LB. We whooped that ass last year. 

Cannot wait for Sunday 

So basically **** that team??

On 2022-09-01 at 2:29 PM, GCn20 said:

Honestly, I believe that Dickie not being out there will be a positive too. On Riderfans, they say he just goes around chatting players up during practice that should be working on their respective teams.

Its like all those mid-level managers justifying their jobs by forcing staff to return to the office.

Didn't make them look very useful when employees were just as productive working from home now, did it?

Have extra import on both sides of the ball.  Lots of flexibility in packages for D.  8 DL plus Maruo who plays wide rush end a lot in our 30 fronts...no excuse to not get a ton of pressure.  LB's need to finish run plays.

Maybe Harrison's breakout game.  He got one snap vs Calgary in the 4th quarter on the long second down conversion right after the 3 minute warning.

Hope it's Ford or Demski catching punts and not Taylor.  We don't need to give the Riders any hope with a shitty special teams turnover.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Interesting clements is right off the roster.

Injured.

I'd like to see Cole on D a bit to see if he's better able to read plays and manage those pass/run keys that the WIL backer up here needs to.

As a WIL Clements is a nice special teams player...has been a total fail on D.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

34 minutes ago, JCon said:

Ugly. Woof. We need to get healthy soon. 

We been winning with that tho...or actually less....so I see no issues with it...I always figured Couture and likely BA will be back for the Banjo Bowl.

BOLO back is big, as he lets us get Wilcotts back...and he played real good....so with that combination of 8 dlineman I see us being fresh and giving that Sask O-line (can we even call it that?) all it can handle and then some...I expect to see a lot of Jeff's/Wilcotts/Hansen sets too.

Thompson tho listed as the back-up I bet gets lots if not majority of reps...and that helps us a lot....time for maybe Cole to step up and get reps...like and am intrigued by him...and Like we kept Harrison on roster with addition of BOLO...2 bigger bodied guys wo can go down filed...now lets utilize that and let Demski and Mcrae work underneath.

Still hope to see Ford on punts, but as long as Taylor plays ball security and doesnt get too cute...we should be fine...plus dude has break away speed...so gets a seam could be gone

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Have extra import on both sides of the ball.  Lots of flexibility in packages for D.  8 DL plus Maruo who plays wide rush end a lot in our 30 fronts...no excuse to not get a ton of pressure.  LB's need to finish run plays.

Maybe Harrison's breakout game.  He got one snap vs Calgary in the 4th quarter on the long second down conversion right after the 3 minute warning.

Hope it's Ford or Demski catching punts and not Taylor.  We don't need to give the Riders any hope with a shitty special teams turnover.

Injured.

I'd like to see Cole on D a bit to see if he's better able to read plays and manage those pass/run keys that the WIL backer up here needs to.

As a WIL Clements is a nice special teams player...has been a total fail on D.

Didn't even realize Harrison was still on the roster. Has he done anything yet? Does he play teams? 

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Didn't even realize Harrison was still on the roster. Has he done anything yet? Does he play teams? 

yeah he is on cover teams ...and yeah its time to see him get some targets.....he is an interesting prospect.

Same with Cole.....Very athletic...was actually a receiver originally in College...runs a 4.5 as well so should have good sideline to sideline ability

38 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I actually like the overall depth of this roster and clearly we are setting up to stop the run. Unless Sask can take advantage in the passing game I like our chances.

Would like our chances a lot better if Couture was back in harness. The Riders front 7 is pretty good, so I really hope that Buck has schemed to offset that.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah he is on cover teams ...and yeah its time to see him get some targets.....he is an interesting prospect.

Same with Cole.....Very athletic...was actually a receiver originally in College...runs a 4.5 as well so should have good sideline to sideline ability

Harrison doesn't play special teams at all, return or cover.  He's got one snap between the lines in 4 games.  Gotta think they can integrate him into the offense in some capacity soon.