Back to Back Champs vs Hillbillies early talk

Nolby

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

A few Bomber connections in that story, sons of Tim Jessie, Dave Vankoughnett as well as O'Shea's boy played in that game.

Edited by Fatty Liver

Over at Riderfans, there is a majority of posters who want Marino gone, or at least would be OK with that, but the Marino defenders are pretty much foaming at the mouth and citing Andrew Harris's suspension over the failed drug test as an example of how teams mollycoddle problematic players. Not sure how to equate the two, but there you have it.

7 hours ago, GCJenks said:

The Criders are 6 & 5 this year. Who have they beat? BC without a quarter back is the only team above .500.

Their record is not outstanding and even suggesting that they are as good a team as Calgary I think is ridiculous.

Their wins are Hamilton, Edmonton twice, Montreal, Ottawa and BC without a QB. They've also lost to Montreal, Toronto twice and BC twice. Any week but Labour Day I would be extremely confident that we win this game, as it is I am still confident we will handle our business (With or without help from the Refs...).

Oh crap TBurg agreed with me, either the Bombers are screwed or I need an appointment at the lobotomy clinic…

9 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Keep it coming Marino!! lol

I believe early in the game, our Blue should double-team Marino on every play, one hitting  him high and one hitting him low. Try that on the first two  or three sets of downs, regardless of offensive output. Then the Rough Riders will know who's boss. Not only will we benefit but so will the whole league.

That would give us a tremendous psychological edge. Coaching and culture is what is going to win this game for us, it's the big difference!

PS do not let this "get Marino" strategy be known to the Rider coaching staff or else he will end up on the bench the whole game and that would be a shame.

4 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I believe early in the game, our Blue should double-team Marino on every play, one hitting  him high and one hitting him low. Try that on the first two  or three sets of downs, regardless of offensive output. Then the Rough Riders will know who's boss. Not only will we benefit but so will the whole league.

That would give us a tremendous psychological edge. Coaching and culture is what is going to win this game for us, it's the big difference!

PS do not let this "get Marino" strategy be known to the Rider coaching staff or else he will end up on the bench the whole game and that would be a shame.

Oh.oh. And the same strategy on the “can still be effective - Cody”.

15 hours ago, Tracker said:

Over at Riderfans, there is a majority of posters who want Marino gone, or at least would be OK with that, but the Marino defenders are pretty much foaming at the mouth and citing Andrew Harris's suspension over the failed drug test as an example of how teams mollycoddle problematic players. Not sure how to equate the two, but there you have it.

There is only one comparable to Harris's situation on the RIders and his name is AC Leonard. Not hearing much about his mollycoddling. As for Marino, Riderfans would have you believing this is nothing more than a league wide fan's on social media smear campaign against him. 

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

There is only one comparable to Harris's situation on the RIders and his name is AC Leonard. Not hearing much about his mollycoddling. As for Marino, Riderfans would have you believing this is nothing more than a league wide fan's on social media smear campaign against him. 

no, you don't get it. leonard just forgot how to pee. for serious!!!!!! i'm serious!!!

2 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

no, you don't get it. leonard just forgot how to pee. for serious!!!!!! i'm serious!!!

It's not that he forgot how to pee, he was dehydrated and couldn't regain hydration in the 11 hours they waited for him to do so. Poor guy would have crumbled to dust if someone had touched him at that time.

Only on Riderfans would "I couldn't pee" be a legit excuse for REFUSING a drug test, but Andrew suggesting he got a tainted supplement was clearly a lie by a chronic drug abuser.

Edited by GCn20

42 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It's not that he forgot how to pee, he was dehydrated and couldn't regain hydration in the 11 hours they waited for him to do so. Poor guy would have crumbled to dust if someone had touched him at that time.

Only on Riderfans would "I couldn't pee" be a legit excuse for REFUSING a drug test, but Andrew suggesting he got a tainted supplement was clearly a lie by a chronic drug abuser.

and Harris was one of the most tested guy on the Bombers for 2 yrs leading up to that...was almost a running joke how much he was tested....and based on my experience, what I know of that culture (as was involved back in the day) and my experience training athletes...in and during off-seasons I stand by and believe it was some tainted something or other....but lets not get back into this

Riderfans like to ignore their warts all the time....Thigpen...and another guy in last few yrs which escapes me...not even a murmor from them that it was AndroidHarrissesque....and thats typical narrative from that pathetic fan base