Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Think we better get on finding a returner here ASAP.  BC traded for Williams out of Ottawa.

Grant having a groin injury isn't a good sign for the rest of the season.  Tend to linger.

Maybe one of terry williams or devonte Desmond from ott. Chandler worthy or Tyson philpot. Papi white and Lawrence woods. Shai Ross would have been a great pick up when he was available. 

lots of guys who would be solid pick ups from teams that have two guys already and may be out of the race or badly in need of a shake up. 

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Maybe one of terry williams or devonte Desmond from ott. Chandler worthy or Tyson philpot. Papi white and Lawrence woods. Shai Ross would have been a great pick up when he was available. 

lots of guys who would be solid pick ups from teams that have two guys already and may be out of the race or badly in need of a shake up. 

Shai Ross is awful.

21 hours ago, Booch said:

we got a guy who was a good returner in college...Ford...why he doesnt get a shot is beyond me...other CIS guys seem to be allowed to do it for their respective teams

True. And who knows. 

Shai Ross is awful.

Not compared to charles nelson, or taylor. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Making room on the roster, or possibly wanted off the PR to go home for some reason? 

Likely. I thought mack was solid and had potential, but I'm sure we could get better off nfl waivers. Dont think wilcots is much better either though. Or walker. 

Mcknight back too, eww. 

Roster lists Cooper as a DB, Derek Taylor says he’s a DE and to me, it’s pretty obvious he’s a candidate to play WIL for us at 6’3” / 225 with OLB experience in college but I guess they like him at DE too since Hansen is hurt and Wilcots appears to be coming off. 

It looks like the transaction report lists them putting Hassell and Cooper on the active roster … Thompson coming off tells me that’s a Canadian going on elsewhere which I’m hoping is Couture. Wondering where Hassell goes unless they REALLY like him enough to play him at safety.

Very curious to see the depth chart tomorrow now. 

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

Roster lists Cooper as a DB, Derek Taylor says he’s a DE and to me, it’s pretty obvious he’s a candidate to play WIL for us at 6’3” / 225 with OLB experience in college but I guess they like him at DE too since Hansen is hurt and Wilcots appears to be coming off. 

It looks like the transaction report lists them putting Hassell and Cooper on the active roster … Thompson coming off tells me that’s a Canadian going on elsewhere which I’m hoping is Couture. Wondering where Hassell goes unless they REALLY like him enough to play him at safety.

Very curious to see the depth chart tomorrow now. 

In an interesting turn there’s a strong chance we dress 8 OL(!!!) with Machino coming in for Hansen too.  Not sure they’ll be comfortable taking Kolanowski off in Coutures first game back.  Unless they can sneak Dobson onto the 1 game he’ll be dressed too.

Basically need a guy like Hassell to backfill on teams.  Doubt he plays much D if at all.

In an interesting turn there’s a strong chance we dress 8 OL(!!!) with Machino coming in for Hansen too.  Not sure they’ll be comfortable taking Kolanowski off in Coutures first game back.  Unless they can sneak Dobson onto the 1 game he’ll be dressed too.

Basically need a guy like Hassell to backfill on teams.  Doubt he plays much D if at all.

Pretty sure we will see Souleymane in place of Hansen...Kolonkowski as the 6th ol..and if we decide to keep Dobson on then it's a given its Souleymane as he plays ST's

Curious as well to see how we use the new guys...I almost figured we would see Hassel sooner than later too

yeah I knew they been wanting this guy for a while, and putting him in right away must mean they like what he brings, and being somewhat a vet, knows what he doing...I dont think it's due to desperation from injuries.

The fact we dropped Thompson off, and can use BOLO as Harrison replacement makes me think he may get some safety work, or we are setting things up to insert BA....osh'S goofy comment about BA will be back when he is ready to me sounds like a lil smoke screen...and he gonna pull a fast one on us....guess we will see

One other thing....Hassell is a high high character guy....and suits this FIFO thing to a T

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Mike said:

FWIW, Hassell is a guy they’ve wanted for a long time. Obviously still not ideal that he’s playing 5 days after he signs, but we’ll see. Most curious to see if Alexander plays and if he doesn’t, where he goes in terms of 1-game/6-game

Don’t think they’d put him out there if they didn’t think he could do what they’re asking.

41 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

With our record being what it is, there's really no rush bringing people back early.  If they're not 100% yet, let them heal up and be ready for later in the season.  We'll be fine in the mean time.

Exactly. Also a great time to experiment with the new guys and see how they pan out rather than thrusting them in at playoff time. The luxury of 11-1. 

Must say, credit to the back-up players for being able to step in, and our scouting staff for unearthing all these gems and giving us such depth, but also credit to our system (lots of rotation already, especially our front 7 on defence) and the coaching that creates such a seamless transition from one player to the next. Such a treat to see this organization being run so well top to bottom, and being humble about it too. No boasting, no arrogance, just going about their business, 1-0 every week, not too high after a win, not too low after a loss.