Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

It happened yesterday and wasn't announced by the Bombers. 

Courtesy of WinnipegGordo yesterday:

Blue Bombers Transactions - August 30, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., August 30, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American linebacker DeJuan Cooper and American receiver Jaivon Heiligh to the practice roster.

Cooper (6-3, 240, South Dakota, June 1, 1999, in Germantown, Maryland) joins the Blue Bombers after a five-year college career in which the first four years took place at Monmouth University and finishing his final season with the South Dakota Coyotes. The linebacker appeared in 53 games throughout that time registering 143 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 7 sacks, and an interception

Heiligh (6-2, 200, Coastal Carolina; born: September 2, 1999, in Venice, Florida) joins the Blue Bombers after a four-year college career with the Chanticleers. During that time, he appeared in 45 games and amassed 191 receptions, 2,825 yards, and 22 touchdowns. The wide receiver was twice named to the First team All-Sun Belt in 2020 and 2021. Heiligh set a Cure Bowl record by hauling in 13 catches and left Coastal Carolina as the programs leading receiver in yards and receptions.

Before joining the Blue Bombers this season, Heiligh spent time with the Cincinnati Bengals during their 2022 training camp.

Transactions:

2022-08-31   WPG   COUTURE, Michael   OL   N   Simon Fraser   Add From Injured   Active Roster
2022-08-31   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Add To   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   HOLM, Evan   DB   A   North Dakota   Add To   Active Roster
2022-08-31   WPG   HOLM, Evan   DB   A   North Dakota   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   BURTENSHAW, Konner   RB   N   Queen's   Add To   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   BURTENSHAW, Konner   RB   N   Queen's   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   MACHINO, Tomoya   OL   N      Add To   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   MACHINO, Tomoya   OL   N      Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-08-28   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Transfer To   Suspended
2022-08-28   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Add To   Active Roster

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

38 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think Drew would prefer to come back here, over going somewhere else. However, there is always the possibility of a team blowing it's brains out with an offer that we just can't justify matching, or Walters liking what he has right now on the OL and using that money to take a run at a guy like Zylstra instead.  That being said, the chances of Drew being here two weeks from now are pretty good I would think.

I would think that we would 6 game Neuf and give him ample time to heal. I would suggest we could trade Dobson or Gray but I honestly think this might be Neuf's last year so I can't see us moving on from Gray or Dobson.

I dont think regime will....or does trade National Lineman....they may trade PR or neg list import....but thats about it....dealing away young CND lineman in your system is suicide

I was curious about the players the Bombers had on their disclosed neg list. Here's the best info I could find quickly on everyone. This list is from December 2021, so I'm sure it's changed. 

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS Name Position College

Jake Bentley QB South Alabama - Jacob Lane Bentley is an American football coach and former quarterback who is currently a graduate assistant on the Florida Atlantic coaching staff. 
Keionta Davis DL Tennessee-Chattanooga - Realtor
J.T. Hassell DB Florida Tech - Waived by the Jets in August 2021.
Kobe Jones DL  Mississippi State - Released by the Packers - signed to PR
Jaylon McClain-Sapp DB Marshall - USFL
Garrett  McGhin OL East Carolina - Giants 53-roster
Christian Miller DL Alabama - Waived by Panthers in August 2021
Ryan Pope OL San Diego State - USFL
Jaelin Robinson OL Temple - Unknown. Played with XFL. 
Isaiah Zuber WR Mississippi State - Raiders 53-roster. 

Cooper put up blistering numbers at his pro day. 4.59 40 40" vert 10'2 broad jump 19 reps of 225. Looks taller and leaner than his listed weight.  Looks like he was the most athletic guy on the field while at monmouth. Flashed a good 2nd gear in pursuit in the video, which goes great with that high motor. Love seeing a lber who can get back into plays with their speed. Looks like has good timing on blitzes and is much stronger than his size or reps show. He just out muscles bigger guys frequently. Small sample size and not great level of competition but its not hard to see what they like about this guy. It'll be interesting to see if he gets a chance to get on the roster this year with all our lber injuries. Looks like he can contribute on teams as a DI too.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/12/dejaun-cooper-2/

I've seen a decent bit of Heiligh at coastal carolina. He could've put up monster numbers at a school that was more pass based, coastal runs heavy 2/3 option and RPO. Reminds me a good bit of kenny lawler. But not as polished with his hands or routes, and much quicker. He can make guys miss in a phone booth. Body catches a bit too much, but most of his passes were right on the numbers. Definitely has that ability to make the tough contested highlight type catches. More of a game time athlete than a testing freak like lawler as well. With his shiftiness and acceleration could end up in the slot too.

Edited by wbbfan

26 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Looks like both USD and Monmouth used Cooper as what would basically be a rush end in Canadian football.

Interesting that he's listed as a DB unless it's a typo.

Cooper looks hella quick and fast. The big question is whether he can transition to the CFL, but yeah, he moves like a rush end with great pursuit.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Looks like both USD and Monmouth used Cooper as what would basically be a rush end in Canadian football.

The play at 2:36 where he just bullrushed the RB into the QB was nice.

I really hope he didn't pay someone for that highlights video...  Easy way to get a scout to go to the next video... put 50 seconds of random nothing garbage to start it.

Yeh no way a DB - he looks maybe a little small for a dedicated rush end... feels like a WIL to me

Edited by BomberfanMKS

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I’m sure it is. 

he looks small for a de even here but we do love to send one lber a lot. We have seen some small des do well like Montford and walls. Looks very versatile which is always great. 

1 hour ago, BomberfanMKS said:

The play at 2:36 where he just bullrushed the RB into the QB was nice.

I really hope he didn't pay someone for that highlights video...  Easy way to get a scout to go to the next video... put 50 seconds of random nothing garbage to start it.

Yeh no way a DB - he looks maybe a little small for a dedicated rush end... feels like a WIL to me

Very hansen esq. haha no kidding his videos are super raw. Usually when some one is paid for it you get a halo over the player and better editing. 

54 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah Like this signing....guy has huge upside...and there was a lot of talk of him actually being possible NFL roster material

The group of wrs we’ve scored this year has been incredible. Many very very good prospects haven’t made the cut and next to schoen he might be the next best prospect we’ve brought in this year. I hope if we roster him this year we use him better than we have Harrison. 

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Heiligh likely to make the team?

Idk if he’d a come if it was just an early pr try out for next year. We’ve been rostering one with out giving him much of any reps too. Might be he’s still raw but opportunities look plentiful. 
 Really depends on how healthy our wr core is and how quick he picks up the Canadian game. We’ve got a ton of guys who can play but we’ve got lots of injuries too.