Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

15 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

If I was to guess I'd say he came up here a few days ago and was placed on the suspended list.

The team either didn't have a roster spot or he was placed in Covid protocol. 

He was then removed from the suspended list and then added to the practice roster.

So added to Free agent = PR?

If Couture starts I expect we swap center for center.

What I do not expect is if Couture replaced Grey at guard, which might have huge impact immediately. I see MOS as patient with Grey until he matures; he would only lose his starters role to injury; he puts his faith in his players and the next up philosophy to develop the underlings' skills. That seems to be the  culture that has the best players yearning to play here.

10 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...easing him as the extra would be a good way to get him up to game speed...dude can play corner and half, and also has SAM experience too....I dunno what the heck going on in the Hammer but swinging a deal for Darby, with BA back would really solidify our back end

Never should have let Darby go to free agency. 

49 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

What I do not expect is if Couture replaced Grey at guard, which might have huge impact immediately. I see MOS as patient with Grey until he matures; he would only lose his starters role to injury; he puts his faith in his players and the next up philosophy to develop the underlings' skills. That seems to be the  culture that has the best players yearning to play here

Gray hasn't been the problem. He plays every down. It's the always injured Pat Neufeld.  He hasn't played anywhere near his normal level of play all season. He's become a liability. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

If Ellingson is ******, this wouldn't be the worst replacement... 

Signing Zylstra would be phenomenal. 

8 hours ago, BigBlue said:

What I do not expect is if Couture replaced Grey at guard, which might have huge impact immediately. I see MOS as patient with Grey until he matures; he would only lose his starters role to injury; he puts his faith in his players and the next up philosophy to develop the underlings' skills. That seems to be the  culture that has the best players yearning to play here.

This doesn't make any sense... when Couture is back, he's playing centre... having him back will help both guards.

9 hours ago, BigBlue said:

There is absolutely zero chance that Couture would ever be inserted into the lineup at LG. None, zero, zip. It's not even a remote consideration. Secondly, our problem right now is not Gray, it is the health of Neufeld who is struggling through injury right now.

The only way we are changing OG right now is if one of two things happen:

1. We sign Drew Desjarlais

2. Neufeld is injured and can no longer be effective until he recovers

I suspect if both were to occur that DD would go in at LG, and Gray would push Neufeld to the bench until healthy

9 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Gray has been just fine...Couture is a no brainer back at center as he prob top 2 centers in league..Kolonkowski held fort down, but that was about it...he gets owned and pushed back into the pocket more than he should....not sure all the Gray hate here

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

Gray has been just fine...Couture is a no brainer back at center as he prob top 2 centers in league..Kolonkowski held fort down, but that was about it...he gets owned and pushed back into the pocket more than he should....not sure all the Gray hate here

This, exactly. The offensive line performance is not a bunch of solo performances, but a coordinated choreography which takes time to learn, and we have had two significant losses (DesJarlais and Couture) plus Neufeld's very obviously injured arm. Gray will likely move to right guard to give Paddy time to heal but all this will not be an instant panacea but a significant improvement after the first period or two. Sempre avanti!

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

This, exactly. The offensive line performance is not a bunch of solo performances, but a coordinated choreography which takes time to learn, and we have had two significant losses (DesJarlais and Couture) plus Neufeld's very obviously injured arm. Gray will likely move to right guard to give Paddy time to heal but all this will not be an instant panacea but a significant improvement after the first period or two. Sempre avanti!

yeah if we do luck out and score getting DD back I can see that swap for now...And I believe Gray has more experience on the right side at guard too...Neuf could even be the 6th until he's healed up too...or we roll with 7 lineman

Just now, JCon said:

We won't announce any signings until after the weekend, when they can be added to the roster. 

I wonder who comes north? DD would make sense, unless another team signs him the PR, which seems very unlikely at this point. 

yeah...U would have think he would have already...100 percent certain too that its here...or nowhere in regards to the CFL

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah if we do luck out and score getting DD back I can see that swap for now...And I believe Gray has more experience on the right side at guard too...Neuf could even be the 6th until he's healed up too...or we roll with 7 lineman

If all that amazingness transpires I think gray goes to 6th ol. He’s more versatile and better at te in heavy set than kola or Dobson. I could see us rolling 7 ol. 
 Other wise I believe the back up center is Nuefeld but injured idk if he could snap the ball. 
 It’s nice to be able to roll out 7 true ol too. Basically no defense can roll out a front with that kind of mass. You can go from shorty yardage to hurry up with the back up for strevy type packages. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

If all that amazingness transpires I think gray goes to 6th ol. He’s more versatile and better at te in heavy set than kola or Dobson. I could see us rolling 7 ol. 
 Other wise I believe the back up center is Nuefeld but injured idk if he could snap the ball. 
 It’s nice to be able to roll out 7 true ol too. Basically no defense can roll out a front with that kind of mass. You can go from shorty yardage to hurry up with the back up for strevy type packages. 

Gray would only go there for a bit to heal up Neuf if its an issue with him....I donmt think it is tho and he is the right guard...and as well top 2 or 3 in league....But yp Gray would be the 6th, and I could see us dressing Dobson too....be interesting to see how roster pans out when we are close to being all healthy

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...U would have think he would have already...100 percent certain too that its here...or nowhere in regards to the CFL

I think Drew would prefer to come back here, over going somewhere else. However, there is always the possibility of a team blowing it's brains out with an offer that we just can't justify matching, or Walters liking what he has right now on the OL and using that money to take a run at a guy like Zylstra instead.  That being said, the chances of Drew being here two weeks from now are pretty good I would think.

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

I would think that we would 6 game Neuf and give him ample time to heal. I would suggest we could trade Dobson or Gray but I honestly think this might be Neuf's last year so I can't see us moving on from Gray or Dobson.