Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

THE player needs to agree to go as well...Pretty sure all our PR guys quite content staying put and would say thanks but no thanks

Yes, there is that as well. It's not as simple as if we claim Darby they will claim our most valuable PR player. You gotta immediately put him on the active roster AND get him agree to go. Most of the guys on our PR are projects and are not ready to play CFL ball, will be FAs this offseason anyway, some will be released as we take guys of the AR to make room for guys coming off the IR, and are unlikely to play for us this year, so I don't really fear that aspect of claiming Darby at all. If he was available, which he is not because he is on the IR now.

Edited by GCn20

I'm pretty sure there's a gentlemen's agreement (huzzah!) among the league GMs to not do that sort of thing. Nobody wants it done to them, so they don't do it to others. I don't think we'd be the ones to open the door to that sort of thing.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm pretty sure there's a gentlemen's agreement (huzzah!) among the league GMs to not do that sort of thing. Nobody wants it done to them, so they don't do it to others. I don't think we'd be the ones to open the door to that sort of thing.

Sort of like making an offer to an RFA in the NHL 

You don’t want that smoke 

Edited by Geebrr

Now if a team is out of contention and wants to do a player a favour by releasing him.....different kettle of fish than plucking him off of a pr....no stigma attached there.....Don't see anything wrong with picking up a player in that scenario....BUT it would all come down to 'need' and 'bucks' ...in which case we have both

Edited by Stickem

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

I know of a gentleman's agreement in regards to draft picks returning to school, but I have never heard of one concerning PR players being plucked. Every year there are a couple players that are plucked by a team off another's PR.

Just now, Noeller said:

they're a bag of **** across the board...just truly awful this year. 

yup....and I not sure why/how he fell out of favour, but watching earlier in the year when he was playing he was just fine, and sometimes moving to a diff system does wonders...especially one you were an all-star at the previous year...he just turned 30....doubt he's lost it since last december

Hammy's defensive stats aren't actually that bad.  It's the offense that completely sucks.

• They lead the league in forcing 2 and outs, 
  • They're fourth in offensive TD's allowed
    • But they've given up 6 non-offensive TD's
  • They're first against the rush.
  • They also turn over the ball waaaaay too much (41 - last in league) and don't generate T/O's (-23 - last in league).

Of course, the stats may be skewed due to quality of competition.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/2022_CFL_League_Statistics_Wk14.01.pdf

Edited by Wideleft

The Hamsters O is pathetic....led by Dame Evans.....He says he's ready to roll now, after some time off, but some Ti-Cat fans think it should be permanent time off.....I think after we lay another beating on them they might be willing to 'let's make a deal'  BUT they also might want to hang around for awhile and keep all hands on deck.....Darby would be a nice fit here though

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

The Hamsters O is pathetic....led by Dame Evans.....He says he's ready to roll now, after some time off, but some Ti-Cat fans think it should be permanent time off.....I think after we lay another beating on them they might be willing to 'let's make a deal'  BUT they also might want to hang around for awhile and keep all hands on deck.....Darby would be a nice fit here though

Dane Evans=Cody Fajardo #2.

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I'd say more like Drew Willy. Had some ability but mobility wasn't one and the sitting duck in the pocket gets broken by the constant hits.

Great comparison. Dane Evans, before he was emotionally crippled, was a really good QB. CoFaj has never been anything more than a 3rd stringer cosplaying as a starter (TM Geebrr) 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

if Darby couldn't crack the lowly TiCats roster full time, how do we know he hasn't lost a step and would automatically start for us? 

Bad teams make bad personnel decisions and even worse use of talent.

remember when hardrick was cast off by bc? Or when demski was ready to be run out of town in sask? Or when Darby was the odd man out in Toronto and flipped to us for a low pick?

he fits our scheme and our locker room. Doesn’t mean he will fit as well in those ways else where. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I’ve never seen a guy wanting to share reps as much as Dane Evans,

There is being a team player, and then there is a guy not comfortable being the leader. 

I like evans talent. But winners want the ball in their hands when it counts not a clip board. Maybe he needs more time to polish under an established qb. But he isn’t likely to get it.