Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

1 hour ago, BomberfanMKS said:

It also helped that we had a real long drive to start the 4th... CGY didn't have many opportunities on O

And exactly when we needed it. One of the best things about that win is that it was in front of an almost full house plus a lot of drama. People remember that sort of thing when the home team looks dead but somehow revives enough to win in the last minutes.

25 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Saw a post on twitter last night from Malcolm Thompson. Sorta sounded like he'd been released. Anyone else see that?

Maybe recovering at home. If he’s expected to miss the season it’s pretty common. although if he’s also behind ba and Hallett in recovering he’s likely coming back to face a pr spot any way. 

I am wondering if we are taking Brandon Alexander perhaps a week early to be our 6th DB ... I do not know how banged up our starting 5 in the defensive backfield. We rarely discuss the little dings and dents afflicting any particular player. Rotating in will not be as taxing/straining as starting and he will not have to dig as deep.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...easing him as the extra would be a good way to get him up to game speed...dude can play corner and half, and also has SAM experience too....I dunno what the heck going on in the Hammer but swinging a deal for Darby, with BA back would really solidify our back end

I’d be on board for sure 

Maybe Brady O's ding in the last game was perhaps slight and more precauitionarry than a serious dent. Were they concerned about a possible concuss?

I do not think Augustine has hit his stride yet but I do not mind seeing him start Sunday. I am expecting Olivera though.

10 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Maybe Brady O's ding in the last game was perhaps slight and more precauitionarry than a serious dent. Were they concerned about a possible concuss?

I do not think Augustine has hit his stride yet but I do not mind seeing him start Sunday. I am expecting Olivera though.

I really love how Oliveria was playing. Tough yards. He averaged 7.5 yards per carry against Calgary but only had a long of 10. That means he was getting 7-8 yards almost every play. Really puts your O in a good spot when you’re dealing with second and short. 

I dunno... A lot of people around here (Al, I'm looking at you) said Oliveira was too slow and not ready to be a pro football player and the Bombers made a huge mistake and that we needed to find a new RB. 

Again, the Bombers were patient and let him figure it out... And it APPEARS like he's found his way. Too early to tell for sure what his career will be, but it's at least trending in the right direction. 

Blue Bombers Transactions - August 30, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., August 30, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American linebacker DeJuan Cooper and American receiver Jaivon Heiligh to the practice roster.

Cooper (6-3, 240, South Dakota, June 1, 1999, in Germantown, Maryland) joins the Blue Bombers after a five-year college career in which the first four years took place at Monmouth University and finishing his final season with the South Dakota Coyotes. The linebacker appeared in 53 games throughout that time registering 143 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 7 sacks, and an interception

Heiligh (6-2, 200, Coastal Carolina; born: September 2, 1999, in Venice, Florida) joins the Blue Bombers after a four-year college career with the Chanticleers. During that time, he appeared in 45 games and amassed 191 receptions, 2,825 yards, and 22 touchdowns. The wide receiver was twice named to the First team All-Sun Belt in 2020 and 2021. Heiligh set a Cure Bowl record by hauling in 13 catches and left Coastal Carolina as the programs leading receiver in yards and receptions.

Before joining the Blue Bombers this season, Heiligh spent time with the Cincinnati Bengals during their 2022 training camp.

Transactions:

2022-08-31   WPG   COUTURE, Michael   OL   N   Simon Fraser   Add From Injured   Active Roster
2022-08-31   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Add To   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Delete From Suspended   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   HOLM, Evan   DB   A   North Dakota   Add To   Active Roster
2022-08-31   WPG   HOLM, Evan   DB   A   North Dakota   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   BURTENSHAW, Konner   RB   N   Queen's   Add To   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   BURTENSHAW, Konner   RB   N   Queen's   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   MACHINO, Tomoya   OL   N      Add To   Free Agent
2022-08-31   WPG   MACHINO, Tomoya   OL   N      Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-08-28   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Transfer To   Suspended
2022-08-28   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Add To   Active Roster

2022-08-31   WPG   COOPER, DeJuan      N      Delete From Suspended   Free Agent

What the actual heck does this mean?

Maybe the sorting order is wrong and it's add to active, transfer to suspended, delete from suspended, add to free agent?

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

What the actual heck does this mean?

Maybe the sorting order is wrong and it's add to active, transfer to suspended, delete from suspended, add to free agent?

If I was to guess I'd say he came up here a few days ago and was placed on the suspended list.

The team either didn't have a roster spot or he was placed in Covid protocol. 

He was then removed from the suspended list and then added to the practice roster.

Edited by WinnipegGordo