Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

53 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nah doesn't really work like that.  Eventually they put him over to more of a weak-side LB spot with Gauthier in the box and were able to stop the run in the 4th a bit more consistently.

There were more than a few plays where everyone did their job vs the run but Bighill among others did not finish the play.  The rally to the ball was not there for the most part.  There were lots of plays where guys were getting washed out on inside zone.  Would help a lot vs Calgary's scheme if our backside ends got a lot more active.  Don't really have to worry about the QB pulling the ball down and that's the guy who is basically left unblocked especially when they run the trap block.  I'd like to see Wilcots back on the roster at some point to take more reps on first down and let Jefferson focus on the pass.

You can just see with Clements and Rutledge that they are trying to get their assignments down in pass coverage and that's being exploited to some extent with both the matchups opponents are isolating on those spots and in the run game.

After last night I wondered about giving Rutledge some run at safety.  Darby is on the outs in Hamilton, get him back.  SAM is a bad spot for a rookie.

agreed....the Wilson loss was big hit...BA was manageable with Thompson...not great...but better than with Hallet. I was thinking the same about Darby....would be a savy move....would drop right in as he knows the defence, plus he could play safety as well...and is a very good at it. 

If anything I would like to see us sign or trade for a big dtackle monster, or a WIL linebacker..we do that and get our gyus all back from injury it would serve us real well

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

This has got to be the most injuries we’ve had to over come in the last few seasons.  

People can't ***** now that we haven't had serious injuries to our line up: BA,Wilson,Couture,Thompson, Maston. These are all starters on any team and we kept winning,time for these other whiners to look themselves in the mirror.

52 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Man i sure hope Ellingson, Alexander, Wilson, and Couture are all healthy when the playoffs start. Gonna be tough sledding without those guys....

I'm mostly worried about Brady. The way he's come on, he's been the shot in the arm we needed to balance our attack. His style, now, is similar enough to Harris' ground and pound and it will be critical in the cold weather games. 

Edited by JCon

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Whatever his injury is...I'm sure he will be back well before the end of season

Oh, yeah, I think he'll be back very soon, fingers crossed. I'm just saying I think he's become an integral part of the offence and will be in the colder months. I just hope he can avoid those knocks and stay healthy. 

Who would u bring in tho really... nobody would be inserted immediately....only logical choice is Borsa but since nobody picked him up is it even worth it? JA can carry the load..did it in LDC and Banjo Bowl before...we be fine...and we will sprinkle in demski and mcrae as well

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Who would u bring in tho really... nobody would be inserted immediately....only logical choice is Borsa but since nobody picked him up is it even worth it? JA can carry the load..did it in LDC and Banjo Bowl before...we be fine...and we will sprinkle in demski and mcrae as well

I was thinking PR for depth but don't have any names. I agree that if its say just two games, we are fine with JA with Demski and McCrae mixed in.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Borsa is about all I can think too for an ni. 
 Augustine’s been banged up this year too though. If Brady is out we don’t want to start Augustine with no ni back up. 
 Just my opinion but I don’t think Augustine is 100% either. 
 In general we are real thin at ni wr/rb right now. 
 If Brady isn’t good to go and Augustine has to start we’d have 3 starting nis between the two positions with no back ups. 

we start 8 but still that’s very little insulation for 3 guys who’ve all been hurt this year. 

Edited by wbbfan

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

Dedrick Mills is currently sitting on the Stamps PR list, not that he would be happy sitting on the Bomber PR, but someone should definitely pick him up, a lot better than recycling old RB's like Shaq Cooper or William Powell.

Augustine looked fine last game...pretty sure his knick is healed up...so I think we fine there.

I'd like to see us readjust roster tho with Wilcotts and Mack back in rotation again...whatever Osh was testing out seems to have affected our pressure on QB"s...can easily be done as Cole plays strictly teams...so Wilcots and Mack could come in for him and Walker....

If Grant continues to be out there's a pretty easy opportunity to roster an import back if Oliviera is out.  Too bad we haven't had one on the PR.  Punt returner would be nice too, really tempting fate just throwing guys out there who don't have confidence to catch them.

5 NI's on O, 2 on D.

So you need to have 3 OL, 2 receivers/RB on field at all times for NI's.  Some insulation there for import backup.

On D you need 2 NI's on field at all times, usually have one in the secondary for sure, 3 rotating DL (Thomas, Hansen, Lawson) plus 3 rotating LB's in Gauthier, Briggs, Maruo depending on packages.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Augustine looked fine last game...pretty sure his knick is healed up...so I think we fine there.

I'd like to see us readjust roster tho with Wilcotts and Mack back in rotation again...whatever Osh was testing out seems to have affected our pressure on QB"s...can easily be done as Cole plays strictly teams...so Wilcots and Mack could come in for him and Walker....

Even if he demski and woli are 100% having no ni back up is a terrible risk. 

100% we should get atleast Mack back on the roster. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If Grant continues to be out there's a pretty easy opportunity to roster an import back if Oliviera is out.  Too bad we haven't had one on the PR.  Punt returner would be nice too, really tempting fate just throwing guys out there who don't have confidence to catch them.

5 NI's on O, 2 on D.

So you need to have 3 OL, 2 receivers/RB on field at all times for NI's.  Some insulation there for import backup.

On D you need 2 NI's on field at all times, usually have one in the secondary for sure, 3 rotating DL (Thomas, Hansen, Lawson) plus 3 rotating LB's in Gauthier, Briggs, Maruo depending on packages.

If We could get an imp wr back from the ir we could move mccgrae back to rb. But it would be nice to sign one when nfl cuts come out.  Or we could actually try using Harrison. Such an awful roster spot waste. 

at this point Briggs and Gauthier rotating at wil wouldn’t be much of a down grade. After a good start weve struggled a lot more at wil.  

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Even if he demski and woli are 100% having no ni back up is a terrible risk. 

100% we should get atleast Mack back on the roster. 

If We could get an imp wr back from the ir we could move mccgrae back to rb. But it would be nice to sign one when nfl cuts come out.  Or we could actually try using Harrison. Such an awful roster spot waste. 

at this point Briggs and Gauthier rotating at wil wouldn’t be much of a down grade. After a good start weve struggled a lot more at wil.  

Well when they finally calmed down Calgary's inside zone plays in the 4th they had Bighill at WIL and Gauthier at MLB.

Noticed on rewatch too a lot of Maruo as a standup rush end, like a 3-4 OLB.

Haven't found much I like in Clements.  That WIL spot is really the only one that consistently in the box in this scheme and he's not making any plays.  Even a guy like Maruo who plays about 1/4 of the snaps gets to the ball more often.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well when they finally calmed down Calgary's inside zone plays in the 4th they had Bighill at WIL and Gauthier at MLB.

Noticed on rewatch too a lot of Maruo as a standup rush end, like a 3-4 OLB.

Haven't found much I like in Clements.  That WIL spot is really the only one that consistently in the box in this scheme and he's not making any plays.  Even a guy like Maruo who plays about 1/4 of the snaps gets to the ball more often.

True but the 4th quarter bomber defense is always much tighter. Going imp at s and ni at wil while bringing Mack back onto the active roster would be nice. Clements is still worth carrying as a di. He’s good on teams. When he’s kept clean he’s good at scraping to the play and he’s very quick. But he’s not able to get off blocks. And no one is going to let clements sit back un blocked and get to the hall. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

True but the 4th quarter bomber defense is always much tighter. Going imp at s and ni at wil while bringing Mack back onto the active roster would be nice. Clements is still worth carrying as a di. He’s good on teams. When he’s kept clean he’s good at scraping to the play and he’s very quick. But he’s not able to get off blocks. And no one is going to let clements sit back un blocked and get to the hall. 

The D tightening up wasn't 4th quarter magic though.  There were some pretty substantial adjustments in the last 20 minutes of that game.

On offense I’d like to see either another imp wr or maybe a rb if we keep mcg at wr. At this point if Brady is good to go it’d be good to bring in a rb for the pr. Grabbing an ni like peterrman would be nice. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

The D tightening up wasn't 4th quarter magic though.  There were some pretty substantial adjustments in the last 20 minutes of that game.

It’s not magic but it’s not adjustments every game. We’ve seen that same package a lot and it’s been especially weak against the run.