Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

What is amazing about this situation is the fandom of the Bombers on MBB (or anywhere) are like...

Bomber fan: I'm very disappointed in Andrew Harris. His actions have hurt the team and my respect for him. I'm angry and confused.

Visiting fans: Guy's a cheater. No excuse for-

Bomber fan: Shut your mouth. Go away. Hey, what about player X on your roster! 

This happens everywhere, and yes, I have very little patience for smug fans of other teams showing up here waving their own flags. It's just kind of funny to see it play out in real time. 

I love all my children, even if they disappoint me sometimes. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

What is amazing about this situation is the fandom of the Bombers on MBB (or anywhere) are like...

Bomber fan: I'm very disappointed in Andrew Harris. His actions have hurt the team and my respect for him. I'm angry and confused.

Visiting fans: Guy's a cheater. No excuse for-

Bomber fan: Shut your mouth. Go away. Hey, what about player X on your roster! 

This happens everywhere, and yes, I have very little patience for smug fans of other teams showing up here waving their own flags. It's just kind of funny to see it play out in real time. 

I love all my children, even if they disappoint me sometimes. 

Cause **** anyone who isn't one of us. He's our player, we can talk **** about him but no one else. 

Peyton Manning’s attorney confirmed human growth hormone shipments were sent to his home in Florida by an Indianapolis clinic, but said they were not intended to be used by him, according to documents filed in federal court.

The HGH was meant for Peyton’s wife,

😂

Edited by Mark F

12 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else wondering why the CFL tested the same guy twice in 10 days?

Cuz he should be declining but putting up some career numbers?

I would be testing him 4 times a week and thrice on Sundays. 

I still don't think he was using that classic steroid to cheat and gain an advantage. I would strongly suspect that if he was dosing- it would be with something that would actually help give him an advantage and not that janky 90s ****.

I honestly think he unintentionally took something that was tainted and he pissed hot and got flagged... with zero tolerance, it doesn't matter how much or how it got there- you are still going to be penalized. I am good with that. 

He got flagged, they tested a duplicate sample and that one was flagged too so he gets punished and suspended for 2 games. That sits fine with me. 

The part I am convinced of is that it was unintentional and he wasn't using the janky 90s roid to gain an advantage- he wasn't cheating. I am good with that.

So, do the time, get the data on the levels of the offending substance out into the media make your case, move on and kick some ass.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

20 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Cuz he should be declining but putting up some career numbers?

I would be testing him 4 times a week and thrice on Sundays. 

I still don't think he was using that classic steroid to cheat and gain an advantage. I would strongly suspect that if he was dosing- it would be with something that would actually help give him an advantage and not that janky 90s ****.

I honestly think he unintentionally took something by that was tainted and he pissed hot and got flagged... with zero tolerance, it doesn't matter how much or how it got there- you are still going to be penalized. I am good with that. 

He got flagged, they tested a duplicate sample and that one was flagged too so he gets punished and suspended for 2 games. That sits fine with me. 

The part I am convinced of is that it was unintentional and he wasn't using the janky 90s roid to gain an advantage- he wasn't cheating. I am good with that.

So, do the time, get the data on the levels of the offending substance out into the media make your case, move on and kick some ass.

48 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good thing we aren't looking for justice here then. Using fear tactics to get cheating out of the sport is ok by me- until we find a better solution. 

Solid quote and a very admirable point of view though.

I understand what you're saying...my concern tho is the not-uncommon confirmed instances of cross contamination among supplements. 

I am in no way an expert on supplements or steroids. Have never taken either ...however...since we know that contamination does happen and is not rare...and we know that in this case the amount detected is not even in the range where it would be at all beneficial...and the player in question has never tested positive prior even having been tested more than most other players...then maybe the evidence should be slightly more substantial to forever place an asterisk next to a player's name. But zero tolerance policies give us no room to consider things like intent which, imo, is not in the spirit of justice.

To me this is like a person being accused of rape with the only evidence being a security cam frame of an arm around an alleged victim. There is evidence of an association but none for intent to violate a law. In a case like Harris' an association is all that's needed to confirm guilt.

The Jeffery Dahmers of the world aside...it's the reason I can't support a death penalty. 

That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer,

Benjamn Franklin

Edited by Deiter Fan