Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

Losing Harris shows how badly imbalanced our offense is. Why we need to make a change in philosophy. Or get a new OC. We are in no position to replace Harris with an American tailback to at least give us a chance to be competitive in this game.  We rely too much on one player.... Harris to make plays. He's 65% of our offense. Now that he's gone we really are in trouble offensively with a qb who can run but has trouble passing.  We need to get some balance back in our offensive attack . We also need to carry one American running back on our PR. * The RPO has been taken away from Streveler with Harris' suspension. This is a hard lesson to learn in every aspect. From Harris who cheated & got caught to having a totally unbalanced offense that relies too much on one player.

*Forgot Santiago was on the PR.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

The notion that the product was contaminated or tainted is a bit of a stretch. If you don’t know what’s in it why are you taking? Who recommended it or sold it to you? A personal trainer....who has a vested interest in your performance? If I was a reputable supplement manufacturer why would I risk “ juicing up” a product and then not list it’s ingredients?  

3 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

The notion that the product was contaminated or tainted is a bit of a stretch. If you don’t know what’s in it why are you taking? Who recommended it or sold it to you? A personal trainer....who has a vested interest in your performance? If I was a reputable supplement manufacturer why would I risk “ juicing up” a product and then not list it’s ingredients?  

You can walk into GNC and buy tainted supplements, they have gotten into it with the US DOJ for not accurately listing ingredients and cross contamination. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Losing Harris shows how badly imbalanced our offense is. Why we need to make a change in philosophy. Or get a new OC. We are in no position to replace Harris with an American tailback to at least give us a chance to be competitive in this game.  We rely too much on one player.... Harris to make plays. He's 65% of our offense. Now that he's gone we really are in trouble offensively with a qb who can run but has trouble passing.  We need to get some balance back in our offensive attack . We also need to carry one American running back on our PR. The RPO has been taken away from Streveler with Harris' suspension. This is a hard lesson to learn in every aspect. From Harris who cheated & got caught to having a totally unbalanced offense that relies too much on one player.

I completely disagree. Obviously you're not going to replace a Andrew Harris...but that is exactly the same for every great player. The same way we couldn't replace Milt, or the same way TO/CGY couldn't replace Flutie etc etc etc. The team already has an american back that can just come in and play. However I think we see Augustine start.

This team isn't and hasn't been about a balanced attack. It's about running the ball. It's not going to change because they lost a player for 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

You can walk into GNC and buy tainted supplements, they have gotten into it with the US DOJ for not accurately listing ingredients and cross contamination. 

Well then I suggest Andrew should get it tested, hire a lawyer and sue the company for lost wages.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I completely disagree. Obviously you're not going to replace a Andrew Harris...but that is exactly the same for every great player. The same way we couldn't replace Milt, or the same way TO/CGY couldn't replace Flutie etc etc etc. The team already has an american back that can just come in and play. However I think we see Augustine start.

This team isn't and hasn't been about a balanced attack. It's about running the ball. It's not going to change because they lost a player for 2 weeks.

The CFL is a passing league & has been since the 70's. We are a throwback team in a lot of ways. Yes, we are run first but our first choice when qbs make their read is a check down to Harris at the expense of our receiving corps. Harris is a special back but we still rely on him too much in comparison to what other teams do offensively. I think that needs to change.

So we have people assuming that the club had no plan B if their 32 year old running back was unable to play for a few game at some point in the season?  

The problem is that plan B may have incorporated the forward pass, and our QB hasn't developed that small part of his game yet.

3 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

We only get paid if you get paid....lol

The problem can be that, even if you win, you may never see the money (ths company just folds), and now you are stuck with a bill and no money.

The positive would be your name being cleared of course.

Although people like Brandon would still consider you guilty apparently 

Harris is an outstanding player....the CFL MOP.....the risk and challenge associated with that is he is responsible for 36% of your team yardage. Your leading receiver is Whitehead who ranks 21st in the league with 378yds....Harris is only 49 rec yds behind your leading receiver.  How many RBs and starting QBs play 18 games?   I’ll give you a hint.....not many.  The critical element in the CFL is depth, be it National or International....at any and all positions.

Why does everyone want to come to a verdict on this?  We don't know whether he accidentally took a contaminated product or if he has been juicing for some time.  We will never know.  And does it matter?  

Is it going to mean that you won't cheer if he converts an important first down or scores a TD?  There is a lot of emotion and completely unfounded supposition being thrown out for no reason.

This is really sad.  The amount Harris tested positive for is useless.  He's been tested 3 times in 6 weeks from training camp to July 10.  2 tests no issue, one test with just enough of this steroid to trigger a positive.  Most testing organizations would note that slight positive and punish after a second positive.  Any benefit from a steroid would take a sustained dose over weeks at minimum that would easily be detected over the span of a couple months.  Crazy to me that these guys are punished for one slight positive.

Sucks for Harris, now learning a bit more about the CFL protocol for testing I feel really bad for the draft entrants getting screwed over.  They shouldn't be getting punished on the first positive at this trace level.  The CFLPA has some work to do.

33 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Calgary replaced Flutie in 95 when he wrecked his elbow with Jeff Garcia who was arguably better haha.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

This is really sad.  The amount Harris tested positive for is useless.  He's been tested 3 times in 6 weeks from training camp to July 10.  2 tests no issue, one test with just enough of this steroid to trigger a positive.  Most testing organizations would note that slight positive and punish after a second positive.  Any benefit from a steroid would take a sustained dose over weeks at minimum that would easily be detected over the span of a couple months.  Crazy to me that these guys are punished for one slight positive.

Sucks for Harris, now learning a bit more about the CFL protocol for testing I feel really bad for the draft entrants getting screwed over.  They shouldn't be getting punished on the first positive at this trace level.  The CFLPA has some work to do.

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Losing Harris shows how badly imbalanced our offense is. Why we need to make a change in philosophy. Or get a new OC. We are in no position to replace Harris with an American tailback to at least give us a chance to be competitive in this game.  We rely too much on one player.... Harris to make plays. He's 65% of our offense. Now that he's gone we really are in trouble offensively with a qb who can run but has trouble passing.  We need to get some balance back in our offensive attack . We also need to carry one American running back on our PR. * The RPO has been taken away from Streveler with Harris' suspension. This is a hard lesson to learn in every aspect. From Harris who cheated & got caught to having a totally unbalanced offense that relies too much on one player.

*Forgot Santiago was on the PR.

Nothing forces an offense to become more varied than losing that guy who is the crutch. I mean not like there aren't playmakers on this team we can turn to... Time for Matthews to live up to the billing, Whitehead and Wolitarsky to see more targets, great chance for whichever or both backup runningbacks to show their worth etc etc.