The Weather

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Dear schools,

**** off with your remote learning.

With love,

Me.

Honestly, the BS from PT is beyond stupid.  I mean, geez, Winnipeg kids get a snow day once in a quarter century, let them enjoy it

We've had 13 snow days in LSSD this year - I wonder what they'd do with that...

And equally stupid - Sunrise told their teachers to refrain from posting stories on social media today - so they won't be thought of as lazy

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

Honestly, the BS from PT is beyond stupid.  I mean, geez, Winnipeg kids a snow day once in a quarter century, let them enjoy it

And, they announced late last night, without warning to the teachers. 

Such incompetence from leadership. Has been for ages. And, they just promoted from within. 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like 20 to 30 in total for Winnipeg once all snow stops. Looks like perhaps by 5pm so it's a 1 day blizzard. The wind is helping Over here but definitely whiteout conditions 

I don't know. The info I'm reading shows snow today and tomorrow, with a blizzard tomorrow afternoon. 

I came into work today, just to reschedule some appointments etc...I'm leaving shortly. But late last night our retail employees were sent an email from leadership saying, regardless of the weather they expect people to be in and on time. "leave an hour earlier if you have to". The person who sent the email is currently at home...people want to be leaders until it's time to lead. I'm very glad I did not get that email cause I probably would not have a job today lol.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

And, they announced late last night, without warning to the teachers. 

Such incompetence from leadership. Has been for ages. And, they just promoted from within. 

Former PT teacher here. When I saw that PT announced schools were going remote last night I immediately said, I bet this is the first the teachers are hearing of this or, at best, they were told with 10 minutes to go in the school day.

32 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just another storm.... Media overreacted as did the weather office. 

There seems to be inconsistency among the forecasters as of 17:43H. Some are saying we are due for another dump and winds almost as bad as be have had in the last 12 hours, and others are saying 2-8 CMs of snow with "some" wind. Right now, I am leaning towards believing the more optimistic forecasts.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just another storm.... Media overreacted as did the weather office. 

Given what Montana and North Dakota got, not an overreaction there. Up to 4 feet of snow in some parts. Maybe the stalling of the system spared us the worst which would have hit us but stayed south instead. And we still have two more days of this system to come. I’ll relax when Saturday comes. 

Actually they were bang on. They called for 20 +cm for the city and Eastern Red river valley. They called for 40 to 80 for the western edge of the valley and Western MB. In my yard 80 miles sw of the city, I have bare spots and 4- 5foot  drifts in other places. So its really hard to tell the actual amount. If I had to guess I'd say 20 in to 24 in. So 50 - 60 cm. And it's not over. 

This is weak. 1997 was way more. I understand maybe some areas got pounded, sounds like Steinbach and the interlake got it much worse but honestly, I shoveled quick when it stopped around 3 and it's still pretty much concrete. They say 3 to 7 more cms to come here. Not bad at all. Neighbour's at the lake posted some pics tho and yeah they got double we got here. Places like Waverly and that are basically bowls, sage creek too so gonna seem like they got more there but it's really just drifts from the wind. I'm not sure if there's 20cms of fresh snow here in the north east winnipeg. Tough to tell tho cuz drifts. Very little roof snow tho as the wind has been blowing pretty good all day. It doesn't seem like much, from what I was reading on Facebook sounded like a day after tomorrow scenario so yeah, think there was some extreme exaggeration 

Edited by Goalie