The Weather

If you need sandbags....

https://www.winnipeg.ca/waterandwaste/flood/basementOverland.stm

Sandbags are now available 24 hours per day to residents who may be expecting or experiencing overland flooding at:

Note: If no sandbags are available outside at any of these locations, residents should check in at the Foreman’s Office located on-site to receive the sandbags, and residents must bring ID to demonstrate that they live in Winnipeg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

of course Winter has to have it's last stand.....but according to the weather network it's not supposed to come until wednesday....didn't we do this already a year ago? I hope it really be a high of 10 on saturday I want to open my window and get some air in there

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/up-to-7-centimetres-of-snow-gusty-winds-coming-to-winnipeg-environment-canada-1.6339521

Edited by iHeart

• 4 months later...

There was a Tornado over here, just a small one tho. There are downed trees and my house now has a green living wall because all the Leafs got stuck to it. That was intense for sure. Truly just a thunder storm for 20 minutes, non stop thunder and then the color in the sky changed and wow. 

44 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol hurricane Hilary was not the reason. We have had these storms for years. People just are scared of everything now. I remember being 7 years old and a being in a Tornado in Manitoba at my lake. It's not new, it's just the internet exists 

Things used to run in cycles of several years. Now we get drought one year, saturation the next year, followed by a somewhat normal summer.

2021-2023

• 1 month later...

From Environment Canada: I'M NOT READY (I mean I'm ready for the Christmas feeling (ie the lights downtown, Gipp Forster on my radio I hope CJOB got the rights back and I have said that to me it's not a proper christmas unless there's snow on the ground and the first snow falls are always the best)

Pattern change to colder temperatures with first shot of accumulating snow coming this week for southern Saskatchewan and southern Manitoba. The mild fall weather will come to an abrupt end this week across the Prairies as a cold front slumping southward gives showers and ushers in the first Arctic air of the season. Highs will drop to the single digits through much of the week before colder air moves in late week with temperatures in the -5 to -10 degree range likely by next weekend and into Halloween. The colder temperatures will bring accumulating snow to western Saskatchewan late Monday into Tuesday. The area of snow will move across the province on Monday night into Tuesday and then into western Manitoba on Tuesday into Wednesday. General amounts will be in the 5 cm range but may be higher over southwestern Saskatchewan so this area will have to be closely monitored for potential snowfall warnings as the event nears. For Southern Manitoba, confidence is increasing on a snowfall event mid to late week but it remains too early to nail down amounts and location at this time. Be sure to stay tuned to weather.gc.ca for updated watches, warnings and forecasts through the week.

22 minutes ago, iHeart said:

From Environment Canada: I'M NOT READY (I mean I'm ready for the Christmas feeling (ie the lights downtown, Gipp Forster on my radio I hope CJOB got the rights back and I have said that to me it's not a proper christmas unless there's snow on the ground and the first snow falls are always the best)

Pattern change to colder temperatures with first shot of accumulating snow coming this week for southern Saskatchewan and southern Manitoba. The mild fall weather will come to an abrupt end this week across the Prairies as a cold front slumping southward gives showers and ushers in the first Arctic air of the season. Highs will drop to the single digits through much of the week before colder air moves in late week with temperatures in the -5 to -10 degree range likely by next weekend and into Halloween. The colder temperatures will bring accumulating snow to western Saskatchewan late Monday into Tuesday. The area of snow will move across the province on Monday night into Tuesday and then into western Manitoba on Tuesday into Wednesday. General amounts will be in the 5 cm range but may be higher over southwestern Saskatchewan so this area will have to be closely monitored for potential snowfall warnings as the event nears. For Southern Manitoba, confidence is increasing on a snowfall event mid to late week but it remains too early to nail down amounts and location at this time. Be sure to stay tuned to weather.gc.ca for updated watches, warnings and forecasts through the week.

Up to 15 cms for us here in Calgary starting tonight & into Tuesday. Then cold temps for at least a week. El Nino winters in Alberta seem to start like this out here with snow & cold early in the season. Then things warm up after Xmas with & an early spring. So, we'll see.

Dang!

High of 15 today. Rode to work. Might get a ride in Saturday too is the rain holds off.

It's always touch and go this time of year because the first night below zero may bring the salt trucks out (we use a liquid brine on our roads here). Once they've coated the roads, the bike is away till spring.