Bombers' Redemption Day - Game Day Thread: Alouettes

BigBlue

I suspect Bennet could get playing time in this 2nd half.

If the Als are smart (which they've proven not to be), Willy will get pulled.  That intentional grounding call was the straw that broke the camel's back.  You give your offense nothing of value by continuing to play him.  You might as well see what Matthews, Schiltz or even Pipkin can do because Willy is done.  No way around it.

Just now, USABomberfan said:

I suspect Bennet could get playing time in this 2nd half.

If the Als are smart (which they've proven not to be), Willy will get pulled.  That intentional grounding call was the straw that broke the camel's back.  You give your offense nothing of value by continuing to play him.  You might as well see what Matthews, Schiltz or even Pipkin can do because Willy is done.  No way around it.

Hes getting no protection. There were 3 bombers on him. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Hes getting no protection. There were 3 bombers on him. 

It's true he hasn't had much help.  But he is showing he has deer in the headlights syndrome.  He did this repeatedly even in Lapo's offense, and since you know you aren't going to win, you gotta pull him.

17 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Tonight, we're going to find out everything we need to know about our beloved Blue.

Is Streveler the real thing? Does he have a supporting cast? Can the defensive 7 consistently sack an old beat up quarterback like Drew Willey?

I think the answers are categorically 'yes' and it's only halftime.

11 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It's better than pulling our Willy.

It's just stupid to keep playing him though.  You know he's not going to get his team back in this, and by keeping on playing him you're delaying seeing if your other QBs have any value in this league.

If Sherman doesn't pull him, I'm going to venture to say Reed and Mack are forcing him to play Willy.