Bombers' Redemption Day - Game Day Thread: Alouettes

BigBlue

9 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah like this teams fire..they got each others back and stand up for one another.. and it shows 

Also very apparent they love playing for each other and for the name on front of their jerseys..they are the very embodyment of a "team"

Yup.  they play for the logo not the name bar.  love this team and how they've come together to go to war with and for each other something special is happening here.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The turn around in Canadian receivers this year to last is just insane. Walter's nailed this years draft.

Totally crazy difference.  from fielding guys who were either cast offs or failed draft picks to guys who would start probably on any other team.. with backups who can ball behind them to boot.  to happen over an off season after we struggled so long to land some quality canuck pass catchers.. only in the CFL lol

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Tommie Campbell is a little salty today after his piss poor play.  He might want to go look at the game film again though because his memory is a bit off.   The Bombers only threw a total of 6 passes the entire 4th quarter (compared to 11 rushing plays) and only once in the last 3 minutes.  Not to mention we were playing our 3rd string QB and mainly rookie receivers by that point too.

Well maybe make the rookie qb respect your defense and maybe they wont??

But like mentioned,  they were not throwing a ton in the 4th ya whiny baby.

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Totally crazy difference.  from fielding guys who were either cast offs or failed draft picks to guys who would start probably on any other team.. with backups who can ball behind them to boot.  to happen over an off season after we struggled so long to land some quality canuck pass catchers.. only in the CFL lol

We have certainly come a long way in Canadian receiving talent since the days of Aaron Hargreaves.

On 2018-06-22 at 5:21 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ever thought someone else would like the privilege of starting a Bomber  GDT? To see their name up in lights?

Mr SpeedFlex27: How would you like to put up the gameday thread this Thursday night or Friday?

Then you can see your "name up in lights"!

Go ahead I won't do it ... I would like you to get all that glory

I haven't seen much written about Bryan Bennett's performance on Friday. Yes I know he came in when the game was completely out of hand and the Als defence seemed to have given up.  But I for one was quite impressed with his play and his arm strength and I think he throws a better ball than Strelever.  But he's far from the game manager that Strelever is. 

Given his very short time with the team he graded out pretty well.

13 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I haven't seen much written about Bryan Bennett's performance on Friday. Yes I know he came in when the game was completely out of hand and the Als defence seemed to have given up.  But I for one was quite impressed with his play and his arm strength and I think he throws a better ball than Strelever.  But he's far from the game manager that Strelever is. 

Given his very short time with the team he graded out pretty well.

That deep ball he threw was almost perfect. We’re in good hands with our young athletic quarterbacks. 

1 hour ago, brett_c_b said:

It wasn't that long ago many here were complaining about us using taking multiple receivers in this last draft.....

I don't know if they would ever consider doing this unless there was a need but with the receivers they now have under contract it may be plausible sometime in the future to start 3 Natl. receivers.  If Simonise can deliver on his potential, he may well be a future replacement for Bowman and it isn't much of a stretch to think that Petermann could be groomed to replace Dressler and his quirky route running.

7 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Mr SpeedFlex27: How would you like to put up the gameday thread this Thursday night or Friday?

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I've been here a long time. Everyone who knows me here also knows that I don't start many threads but I do when I think they are relevant. I pick & choose the time to do it. Not to get attention like you.  

On 2018-06-22 at 10:56 PM, do or die said:

Family matters popped up.....missed a big chunk of the game.

Next week

Family does come first. Hope things work out ok. OnS is missed.

As far as you missing a large portion of the game, you missed a lot of fun. The blue bashed and crashed, nailing everything in sight. They were absolutely dominating, heel on the throat taking no prisoners kind of game. Defence would grin, challenging any pass, smothering in each tackle. Defence relished sticking the runners in rushing plays. It was like they knew what play was going to be called by Willy before he did. Viewers became part of the D. In our living rooms, any pillow, any couch, any love seat, each wife, was nailed with passion for being in the same room as a bomber fan. 

Offence played with horns on their helmets. Blocking, double blocking, providing holes that Harris would run through as if he was piloting a run locomotive a la Casey Jones. Every inch gained turned into a yard. Every yard turned into a first down. Nothing like it has been seen since the days of Indian Jack. The iron curtain could not have held back the earthquake created by Andrew Harris, future Premier of Manitoba. 

Streveler, X-ray vision looking through Montreal’s secondary. Never even got beyond 2nd read. Proficient, efficient,  beyond sufficient and down right blood thirsty for victory. He was a leader. A Champion on this day. Some day those that watched the game will be saying, I was there when ....

Five Hundred and Eighty Eight yards of offence. 

too bad you missed some of it. 

Hope you never miss another opportunity for Odds and Sods. 

Edited by Rod Black

27 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Family does come first. Hope things work out ok. OnS is missed.

As far as you missing a large portion of the game, you missed a lot of fun. The blue bashed and crashed, nailing everything in sight. They were absolutely dominating, heel on the throat taking no prisoners kind of game. Defence would grin, challenging any pass, smothering in each tackle. Defence relished sticking the runners in rushing plays. It was like they knew what play was going to be called by Willy before he did. Viewers became part of the D. In our living rooms, any pillow, any couch, any love seat, each wife, was nailed with passion for being in the same room as a bomber fan. 

Offence played with horns on their helmets. Blocking, double blocking, providing holes that Harris would run through as if he was piloting a run locomotive a la Casey Jones. Every inch gained turned into a yard. Every yard turned into a first down. Nothing like it has been seen since the days of Indian Jack. The iron curtain could not have held back the earthquake created by Andrew Harris, future Premier of Manitoba. 

Streveler, X-ray vision looking through Montreal’s secondary. Never even got beyond 2nd read. Proficient, efficient,  beyond sufficient and down right blood thirsty for victory. He was a leader. A Champion on this day. Some day those that watched the game will be saying, I was there when ....

Five Hundred and Eighty Eight yards of offence. 

too bad you missed some of it. 

Hope you never miss another opportunity for Odds and Sods. 

588 yards total offence ?.......when was the last time the blue did that well or better ?

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've been here a long time. Everyone who knows me here also knows that I don't start many threads but I do when I think they are relevant. I pick & choose the time to do it. Not to get attention like you.  

explaining you own motivation while accusing and judging mine .... my primary motivation is not attention seeking ... I have better ways to do that IF I want to .... when I have something to say or a certain angle to share I post - - whether that's a little or a lot - - I run with the flag and enthusiasm, not glory or attention seeking as your mind misjudges

4 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

588 yards total offence ?.......when was the last time the blue did that well or better ?

Bo Levi Mitchell put that much up in three quarters before giving way to his Backup in the 4th Q .... quite a weekend for blow outs

29 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

explaining you own motivation while accusing and judging mine .... my primary motivation is not attention seeking ... I have better ways to do that IF I want to .... when I have something to say or a certain angle to share I post - - whether that's a little or a lot - - I run with the flag and enthusiasm, not glory or attention seeking as your mind misjudges

My own motivation? LOL. So, you really want to argue?  You better start another thread for that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27