Bombers' Redemption Day - Game Day Thread: Alouettes

BigBlue

Tonight, we're going to find out everything we need to know about our beloved Blue.

Is Streveler the real thing? Does he have a supporting cast? Can the defensive 7 consistently sack an old beat up quarterback like Drew Willey?

There will be a million questions asked and answered tonight!!!

7 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Tonight, we're going to find out everything we need to know about our beloved Blue.

Is Streveler the real thing? Does he have a supporting cast? Can the defensive 7 consistently sack an old beat up quarterback like Drew Willey?

Yeah...no we aren't.

7 hours ago, BigBlue said:

hyperbole-hyperbole-everywhere.jpg

12 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't really care about the yards given up - I would happily give up 1000 yards if we can keep the opposing team to under 20 points. 

Exactly. They don't change the standings when a team gives up more yards than another. It's only about how many points are scored. If they give up 700 yards passing but win. I'll still be a happy fan.

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Exactly. They don't change the standings when a team gives up more yards than another. It's only about how many points are scored. If they give up 700 yards passing but win. I'll still be a happy fan.

Happy, but you should be concerned if they give up that many yards to that offence. 

It does happen that the winning team gives up a lot of yardage, but it is fairly rare. It usually a death sentence when the playoffs come and we have seen that too often. I do not see tonight as a redemption game. The team played well enough to win despite a rookie QB last week, and if there is any team that needs to redeem itself, its the Riders.

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't really care about the yards given up - I would happily give up 1000 yards if we can keep the opposing team to under 20 points. 

True but how much has 'lots of yards given up, under 20 points against' happened under Hall's tenure?  I'm sensing not much but if so, I sit corrected.

I personally despise with great passion 'bend don't break' approaches whether its meant or not, I feel they tend to actually break at the most inopportune times.