Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

130k for a starter seems pretty reasonable... or are you still salty that Heath priced himself off the team?

Not if we replaced him with a Tommie Campbell or that caliber HB

Fenner looked really good in his first half-season... like amazing

Last season, he was pretty meh - maybe it was the system but we're very close to reuniting a HB/CB duo that I only remember seeing get whipped like a rented mule last year...

Now we have two Kevin Foggs.

$80-100k value signing for Fenner I'm fine with it - I would have rather spent this $$ on Westerman (or has he signed already?)

an interesting note about all these former Lions signings......

Three former #BCLions defensive backs have signed with the #Bombers over the last three weeks. Who knows what they're made of? Former Lions scout @RyanRigmaiden joined Winnipeg in December as their new U.S. National scout.

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Aww look the usual suspects are now making up 'stuff that Floyd said'...  never saw that coming

Walters got Demski and Lafrance and dumped Hurl just like I asked...  I won't fault the guy for overpaying Fenner

Now Westerman or Gascon-Nadon please.

We will probably cut our major penalties in half without Westerman.  I like Jackson Jeffcoat.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

WOw... I am really.... REALLY excited for this year...

I don't think I have been this excited for a bomber season.

tenor.gif?itemid=5311957

latest?cb=20150101175453                                 l3mDL.gif

giphy.gif                    tenor.gif           

tenor.gif?itemid=8727998          source.gif?w=500

giphy.gif           giphy.gif

ZaIyq.gif           tumblr_inline_n0w4ul7rtI1qgt12i.gif

Just now, Colin Unger said:

We will probably cut our major penalties in half without Westerman.  I like Jackson Jeffcoat.

I still think his leadership role outweighed the penalties.

I like Jeffcoat too but I'd rather not fully rely on Neufeld/Couture for our ratio...  minor issue.  Probably.

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I still think his leadership role outweighed the penalties.

I like Jeffcoat too but I'd rather not fully rely on Neufeld/Couture for our ratio...  minor issue.  Probably.

If things don't work out on the offensive line we can still look at starting Corney/Faith on the defensive line.   But i don't think it will come to that as I have faith in Couture if Nuefeld gets injured. 

11 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The only problem is that this assumed Chung and Goosen will be healthy all year.  We definitely need to draft another offensive lineman in the first round  IMO.

You could chalk OL into the highest need in draft preparations for every team in the league every year.  Its nearly impossible to go wrong drafting OL. It may not go right, a better player at another position may crop up after the OL. But no one will question the pick of an OL if they are close to that pick range in talent.  I feel like we are in a great spot in terms of NI talent and young ni talent on the OL. We can grab positional needs, BPA, highest potential and or futures.