Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think they still need to sign another Natl. for the D., as they're currently down 3 from last year.  The way it's looking they will need to keep one of Ekakitie or Corney on the field at all times to maintain the ratio, if one goes down they're hooped and would have to plug a Natl. into the secondary.  Thomas, Steele or Waud should not cost much and would add solid depth.

There is also Jones, Conteh and another CND DB. Plus the added depth on O. I don't see Corney/Faith starting on D this year.

Jones has come in and played boundary corner many times...he got roasted once on that one play against Sask but that was more from confusion from several guys that day.

Other times he played he played very serviceable...and he's a 4th year guy..hardly inexperienced. The guy who I think may eventually take over there is Conteh..he is a developing/project guy but has all the attributes you'd want there...and likes to lay the lumber to boot

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

How many Natl. DB's are starting in the league, other than at Safety?  I can't think of any, they're more scarce than Natl. RB's.

Matt Bucknor is still starting at corner in BC I believe. Gabriel also made some starts. But you're right, since Sanchez retired there hasn't been many options there.

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Courtney Stevens in the Hammer...The Schmoes too I believe started to start their young Canadian and may plan to this year

It just doesn't make sense plugging in another Natl. into an area of weakness when they could bury an accomplished Natl. on the D-line and no one would ever notice.

35 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It just doesn't make sense plugging in another Natl. into an area of weakness when they could bury an accomplished Natl. on the D-line and no one would ever notice.

No one would notice? You don't think there is a drop from Nevis/Poop to Faith. Or OKO/Jeffcoat to Corney? With those 4 americans up front, the Dline is going to dominate.

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think they still need to sign another Natl. for the D., as they're currently down 3 from last year.  The way it's looking they will need to keep one of Ekakitie or Corney on the field at all times to maintain the ratio, if one goes down they're hooped and would have to plug a Natl. into the secondary.  Thomas, Steele or Waud should not cost much and would add solid depth.

Waud was highly regarded when he was drafted so may still have that potential. Unless he gets shot.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Waud was highly regarded when he was drafted so may still have that potential. Unless he gets shot.

I'd rather rotate Okpo-Jeffcoat-Corney and another CDN...  I think Poop and Nevis in the middle full-time is our best bang for the buck.