Bombers Trade Willy for DB TJ Heath, Acquire Kevin Glenn

Atomic

Im not aware of any "smear campaign" against Drew Willy but i am aware of a fan base that was sick of losing and wallowing in QB mediocrity that had been going on here since George W began his 2nd term in office. Willy did himself no favours and played himself off the team. Blame it on whatever you want but it is what it is.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Reworking a contract midseason for less money is extremely rare.  I doubt they were asking to defer money to next season.

Walters himself said that they had one conversation and that he and the agent agreed that they signed a contract and that it would be honoured, much how he wouldn't appreciate Willy coming to ask for more money if he had a MOP season with time left on his deal.

Not saying Willy would have done this but that scenario does happen as well just like players being asked to re-structure.

I am fine with the trade. I still think Willy has plenty of potential and he is now in place where he has a chance. I don't know if he would have got a chance here and no way to know if the other changes made would have allowed him to improve. In Glenn we have a known commodity and a wealth of experience that can be imparted to Davis and Bennet. If worse came to worse and we needed to have Glenn in there I am confident he can perform in this offence. It is totally suited to his style of play. With Willy I didn't have the same confidence and now we are at a point where we need a known commodity as back up not a maybe.

I wish Willy the very best because he really worked hard for the team and I welcome our new players.

His exit from Montreal brought out some frustration on social media, both from himself and his teammates there, but Glenn opted not to go there upon his arrival in Winnipeg.

“There’s a number of things (that happened) and we don’t need to discuss that right now,” said Glenn. “The most important thing is that I’m here… back home, as everybody says. It feels good. It’s one of those things you know is right. You put everything into your faith and into the Lord and you say ‘just roll with it’ and ‘whatever happens, happens’ but it’s just one of those things that feels right.”

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/09/12/glenn-back-in-blue-gold/

Message to Glenn....Welcome back...I hope we let bye gones be bye gones and get on with trying to win this club a Cup that has eluded us for 25 yrs....Won't bring up the fact we came ever so close in 07, so just stay healthy if we need you and pleeeeease cut down on the errant balls that get intercepted and are game killers...Thank-you...Stickem........

7 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:
Seriously, you sure love the drama...

Didn't any of you guys have English teachers that challenged you to write with some pizzazz?

I prefer to think of it as a stylistic flair.  ^_^

Late to the party.  I normally hate losing any player.  I worry Milanovich sees something in Willy.  He might know more than me.  Willy got harder to watch partly because announcers often talked about him like he was an established starter.  He wasn't.  We just decided he was, from a small sample size, then he got injured forever, and nobody took his job.

If Willy becomes Collaros or Harris, too bad for the Bombers.  But what else could we do?  Ex-starters often need to be backups with new teams -- too hard on the team you lost your job on.  First round is good currency for an international.  We got a veteran backup who wants to be here.  And provides some nostalgia -- I watch Milt's miracle catch frequently.

6 hours ago, no71 said:

I worry Milanovich sees something in Willy.  He might know more than me. 

As much as the guy is a good coach... he as well as Barker decided to keep broken down Ray over Collaros and Harris...  They do not have a good track record of picking the right QB to lead the team....